ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Vape Mail Baby!

Three new menthol type flavours to test from my mate @Genosmate in Knysna! :rock:

JuiceTest 006.JPG

John you need to tell me what they are now...

I have number 1 in Brooklyn the Green REO and this one has potential and is interesting. Very similar to Antarctica.
Number 2 is in New Lily the White REO and is a nice heavy menthol but not very smooth like Menthol Ice.
Number 3 I will try a bit later when I get tired of one of the others.... which will probably be number 2.

Vape Mail Baby!

Three new menthol type flavours to test from my mate @Genosmate in Knysna! :rock:

View attachment 13189

John you need to tell me what they are now...

I have number 1 in Brooklyn the Green REO and this one has potential and is interesting. Very similar to Antarctica.
Number 2 is in New Lily the White REO and is a nice heavy menthol but not very smooth like Menthol Ice.
Number 3 I will try a bit later when I get tired of one of the others.... which will probably be number 2.
OK Rob here goes ;
Number 1 is "Mentally Menthol" from the Alchemists Cupboard in the UK,12mg,50/50 pg/vg and priced at 13.47GBP for 30ml.Bigger bottles are available and you can sometimes find discount codes.I quite like it but it not my favourite menthol.
Number 2 is "Moonshine Mentholy Insane" from Vapour Juice in the UK,12mg,100% VG and priced at 12.99 GBP for 30ml,discount codes are around also from time to time.I find this stuff blows my head off,but I vape it like a train! I've taken to mixing it with some stuff I know you have,the clean cut from VM,I use 100% VG and I find this to be just about the perfect menthol for me.
Not telling you what number three is until you try it,interested to hear what the"menthol guru" thinks about it.

It appears I will only ever vape menthol based juices and to keep other threads on track I'll move the menthol quest discussions here.

It appears I will only ever vape menthol based juices and to keep other threads on track I'll move the menthol quest discussions here.
I'm pretty much stuck on menthol as well,but I keep buying other stuff to try.Right now I'm waiting for the most expensive juice I've ever decided to buy to arrive!My favourite menthol to date is "Sub Zero" from Halo ecigs in the USA but they charge too much to deliver here.

Thanks @Genosmate!

Number 1 "Mentally Menthol" from the Alchemists Cupboard in the UK could find a place in my arsenal.

Number 2 "Moonshine Mentholy Insane" from Vapour Juice in the UK is just not refined enough and is a really "rough" juice... don't know how to describe it... I do like the aftertaste but the vape is raw and unrefined... not for me.

Number 3 which still remains anonymous and is in New Lily has big potential and is probably the closest to Menthol Ice I have yet tasted... I'll vape it for the rest of the day and see how we go...

Number 3 has a good taste going in but not so lekker coming out... I'm using the same wick from number 2 so will persevere till the real flavour comes through...

I'm pretty much stuck on menthol as well,but I keep buying other stuff to try.Right now I'm waiting for the most expensive juice I've ever decided to buy to arrive!My favourite menthol to date is "Sub Zero" from Halo ecigs in the USA but they charge too much to deliver here.

I'll send you some Thenancara Antarctica which is a Eucalyptus juice and really well made. Twenty five euro a 30ml bottle (that comes in a satin bag) including delivery from Paris! It's not an ADV for me but it's a class juice and I normally have a REO with it loaded for a change.

I have some other local menthol's in my drawer and I will take them out and give them a whirl when this current test is over.

How do you like Vapour Mountain Menthol Ice? Nothing on the planet has come close to the perfection for me. Have you tried adding concentrates to a menthol base juice like Menthol Ice?

Thanks @Genosmate!

Number 1 "Mentally Menthol" from the Alchemists Cupboard in the UK could find a place in my arsenal.

Number 2 "Moonshine Mentholy Insane" from Vapour Juice in the UK is just not refined enough and is a really "rough" juice... don't know how to describe it... I do like the aftertaste but the vape is raw and unrefined... not for me.

Number 3 which still remains anonymous and is in New Lily has big potential and is probably the closest to Menthol Ice I have yet tasted... I'll vape it for the rest of the day and see how we go...
Thanks @Genosmate!

I don't mind the vivid green Mentally Menthol but I find it has a candy floss taste and smell,OK for sometimes.
Yep Moonshine is rough,I saw Todd review this (he reckons its brilliant stuff),I like the potent taste but its better mixed with some clean cut from VM it seems to tone it down a bit.
I don't really like number 3 very much,not enough oomph for my taste and theres something I can't describe yet.I'll let you know what it is after your final verdict.

I don't really like number 3 very much,not enough oomph for my taste and theres something I can't describe yet.I'll let you know what it is after your final verdict.

The Oomph is fine for me and the menthol is good but it's almost like they have added some horse manure to it that I keep tasting? Just hints of horse or it could be cow shit! :confused:

I'll send you some Thenancara Antarctica which is a Eucalyptus juice and really well made. Twenty five euro a 30ml bottle (that comes in a satin bag) including delivery from Paris! It's not an ADV for me but it's a class juice and I normally have a REO with it loaded for a change.

I have some other local menthol's in my drawer and I will take them out and give them a whirl when this current test is over.

How do you like Vapour Mountain Menthol Ice? Nothing on the planet has come close to the perfection for me. Have you tried adding concentrates to a menthol base juice like Menthol Ice?
Thats very kind of you Rob,I hope I don't like it cause my wife is French and her parents are coming over soon from France and it's gonna dent my Euros if I enjoy it!You must let me know if you want more and I can arrange them to bring it out.I like the Menthol Ice,a bit subtle but its good VFM and at least its local and I think you can trust what goes into it.I have tried coconut,I've got some orange (not tried yet) and would you believe I actually like to add the menthol concentrate to beef it up a bit.

The Oomph is fine for me and the menthol is good but it's almost like they have added some horse manure to it that I keep tasting? Just hints of horse or it could be cow shit! :confused:
mmmmmm.that why I couldn't identify it,I live on an island with no cows or horses :--) Do you want me to reveal what it is yet?

Thats very kind of you Rob,I hope I don't like it cause my wife is French and her parents are coming over soon from France and it's gonna dent my Euros if I enjoy it!You must let me know if you want more and I can arrange them to bring it out.I like the Menthol Ice,a bit subtle but its good VFM and at least its local and I think you can trust what goes into it.I have tried coconut,I've got some orange (not tried yet) and would you believe I actually like to add the menthol concentrate to beef it up a bit.

Thanks John! I may take you up on that! Let's see if you like it!

Now I have heard everything... adding menthol to Menthol Ice! Wow you are more immune to the kick in the face MI gives you than I am! :rofl:

Mixing concentrates to MI isn't as easy as I had expected... I thought after my coconut addition things would progress but the only one I have made since then that is vapable is the mix suggested by @Andre of Lime and Mandarin.

mmmmmm.that why I couldn't identify it,I live on an island with no cows or horses :--) Do you want me to reveal what it is yet?

Yes please... It's improving as the old juice dissipates and it is getting better and better... I have a feeling the cow crap taste was a left over from number 2... let me vape it a bit more before the big reveal!

I'm gonna be away from the forum for a little bit now and gonna interface with the family... catch up a bit later!

Number 3 is actually pretty good and is actually really as close to Menthol Ice as I have tasted... as the number 2 taste goes it's tasting more and more like Menthol Ice 12mg?

Thanks John! I may take you up on that! Let's see if you like it!

Now I have heard everything... adding menthol to Menthol Ice! Wow you are more immune to the kick in the face MI gives you than I am! :rofl:

Mixing concentrates to MI isn't as easy as I had expected... I thought after my coconut addition things would progress but the only one I have made since then that is vapable is the mix suggested by @Andre of Lime and Mandarin.
And here is the link to that recipe @Genosmate, I can really recommend this mix: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/what-did-you-vape-today.1077/page-76#post-127285

Ahhh I have number 3 in my drawer! I knew I had tasted this before!... yip it's a pretty good vape!

Ahhh I have number 3 in my drawer! I knew I had tasted this before!... yip it's a pretty good vape!
For all those in suspense .. its "Steamhammer Kryptonite" 6mg 50/50 from SOV and Rob you picked the local one as your favourite.Not my cup of tea though.

For all those in suspense .. its "Steamhammer Kryptonite" 6mg 50/50 from SOV and Rob you picked the local one as your favourite.Not my cup of tea though.

Not really local... it's made by Seattle Vapour in the US and only bottled for SA. I have Seattle Vapour Kryptonite in my arsenal. @RevnLucky7 knew it would appeal to me and made me buy a bottle already. Incidentally he also recommended the French Antarctica and sent me a small sample very kindly and I ordered the same day! It is most certainly the clear winner of the 3 juices... especially after bottle number 2's juice cleared the system! ;-)

Thanks @Genosmate!

If you order in France, check Vapers House. No shipping added and good selection of premium juice. I got into tgis vendor because they stock Tarks, Rocket Sheep and Vape Orenda here in the EU :)

1. Halo Sub Zero - The coldest hit you will ever taste with a nice after taste
2. Mt. Baker Vapor Extreme Ice - The poor man's version of Sub Zero. You can order 220ml bottle and it does the trick, after taste is not as good as Halo but you can mix it to get that nice after taste with something local.

Being a Marlboro Blue Ice and Dunhill Switch smoker for years I can tell you it's the best alternative to those cigs.

1. Halo Sub Zero - The coldest hit you will ever taste with a nice after taste
2. Mt. Baker Vapor Extreme Ice - The poor man's version of Sub Zero. You can order 220ml bottle and it does the trick, after taste is not as good as Halo but you can mix it to get that nice after taste with something local.

Being a Marlboro Blue Ice and Dunhill Switch smoker for years I can tell you it's the best alternative to those cigs.

As a matter of interest @Renaldo
Have you tried Vapour Mountain Menthol Ice?
If so, how does it compare to the Halo and Mt Baker Vapor?

The reason I ask is that I haven't tried Halo or Mt Baker and am curious to know the difference

As a matter of interest @Renaldo
Have you tried Vapour Mountain Menthol Ice?
If so, how does it compare to the Halo and Mt Baker Vapor?

The reason I ask is that I haven't tried Halo or Mt Baker and am curious to know the difference

I have placed an order for Vapour Mountain Menthol Ice and will let you know once I have finished a tank, however... I did alot of research on the international market and what I found on every single thread is that Halo Sub Zero had no substitute. I will be placing an order soon again... if you would like I can order you a bottle to save some costs for you. It is pricey though at about R200 for 30ml but I can assure you it's worth every single cent. It is crazy ice... as in takes away your breath at first... but as someone who always popped the ball in Marlboro Blue Ice before lighting it up it gives me that same kick.

I can send you a 10ml sample of the Extreme Ice I have from Mt Baker Vapor though as I have 440ml lying here in my cupboard. :)

From spending a lot of time on overseas forums those two names came up time and time again. I think the reason Extreme Ice from Mt Baker Vapor is so popular is that you can order such a huge bottle and with Halo you can't. Both are the coolest Ice I have experienced but Halo just have that nice after taste where you don't have to mix it.

If you want me to send you a tester then I will be willing to send you the 10ml for free as long as you cover postage. The Halo one I will order and if you want a bottle let me know.

PM me your address if you keen and we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks @Renaldo
Very kind of you to offer.

Great to hear you've done all that international research. I wonder whether any of the retailers will be looking at getting in these brands at some point.

I will PM you nevertheless

Thanks @Renaldo
Very kind of you to offer.

Great to hear you've done all that international research. I wonder whether any of the retailers will be looking at getting in these brands at some point.

I will PM you nevertheless

Sounds good. I have bought alot of Ice flavors to get a good understanding but nothing comes close. The Cherry Ice from VapeMob was tested today and although it is a very nice liquid it doesn't give me that crazy ICE throat hit.

Back