The Rose v2 Clone

Final word:
Vaper production is very good, i thought the 2mm air hole will restrict lung hits but the draw is perfect for me. You can do your normal mouth to lung or straight lung hits with this no problem
I saw on youtube some ware that if they opted for a bigger air hole they will lose the great flavor this have. I cannot fault this. Besides the very small size difference of the plastic tank there is no negative i can give
This was money well spend. The quality is outstanding and the service i got is also very good, from Hong Kong to here at my door in less than a week for $20 postage
I saw they have one on FT but i did not see the building "station" and in my opinion that is very essential
If some of you are interested i can start a group buy for this
As always if there are questions please ask.

Tank refill and rebuild report:
After my first build with cotton i wanted to try silica. I redid the coil to give me some practice with fitting and rewicking, i must say it get easier.
I used twisted silica pulling it through the coil in the same way i did the cotton, worked a charm. I used the same 2mm ID 28g 6/7 wrap coil i just neatened it a bit.
For refilling i found that by just screwing the juice control to close and then gently unscrew the top cap you have a lot more space to refill
The Rose is freaking amazing, the juice control works a charm, when you hear a gurgle .. close it a bit, when you get a dry hit open it bit

Report:
Well after just about two weeks with The Rose i must say i am really happy. I tend to get board very fast with an atty but this is very nice. I had a problem of flooding but after looking at the FB page i saw that if you mount the coil to low it makes a "juice bridge" to the collection cup and the juice just keeps on flowing there. After i lifted the coil a bit she is working very nice.
I also realized that you don't have to cut the wicks flush to the coil cup, if the wick is little longer you just don't need to open the juice control so far to get the juice to the coil
This is my all day vape at the moment, i use my dripper just to test and to get a little variety of flavor for the day.
The group buy is still on, and i will let it run till the end of the month

With the group buy i got a stumpy kit as well

P1090014-2.jpg

In the stumpy kit you get a complete tank section with a shorter juice control / driptip. Also you get a spare o-ring for the driptip.

P1090022.jpg

The service i got from Pallas is top notch, they listened if i had a complain and fixed it immediately, they do not do the normal thing to blame someone else and that counts in my books. I will buy from them again with a smile

Update:

Hi
I got a question about the grub screw holes in the rose.
The two holes are not the same size, the smaller one is just the right size for he grub screw to fit. The second on is slightly bigger, but inside the the bigger hole is a shaft that has a hole for the grub screw, this is your possessive post. If the screw does not line up, dont want to go in or is loose just open the bottom part of the atty. You will see a screw there, that is attached to the post that takes the grub screw in the bigger hole. So if you loosen that you can turn the shaft so that the hole lines up so that the grub screw will fit, or if it is loose, just tighten that screw underneath, just make sure the grub screw is in the middle of the hole before you tighten the screw underneath. I hope this makes sense

20141016_211848.jpg

Hi

I just got an email from the company Pallas that makers The Rose v2 clone, they have a sale one for the next week or so. $17 per unit. No matter how many we take
I can start a group buy again if there is any takers

Last edited:
I am curious, you were in the first group buy. What do you think of the Rose

Thinking of selling it actually. I ordered a Reo like a day after I paid for it :| So haven't really used it. The flavour was pretty good when I did try it though.

Thinking of selling it actually. I ordered a Reo like a day after I paid for it :| So haven't really used it. The flavour was pretty good when I did try it though.

Petty my finances are all screwed at the moment, i would have called dibs

Honestly it's the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced. I can strip down my kayfun, rinse it, dry it, wrap a fresh coil, wick it and fill it in under 10 minutes. I need an hour for the rose. Wrapping the coil is the easiest part, getting it going is where the fun starts. I keep getting random resistance readings on it that vary from 1.0 to 5.5 ohms regardless of the wire used. It's a very hit and miss affair, but once you get lucky it works well. Overall finish is also not consistent, the top cap is more polished than the bottom part of the tank and there is a clear size difference between all the sections. My clear tank section also has a rectangular mark on it, assuming it was a piece of gunk that got in there during the casting process. The stumpy kit works great, I do like the idea of a smaller tank because I don't vape more than about 2mls of the same juice before moving on to the next. Unlike the rest of the atty's threads that are buttery smooth the threading on the stumpy is very coarse, feels like sand. Also, the stumpy's drip tip is wider than the original and doesn't fit in the stand.

Overall, despite all these negatives it really does provide a good vape with decent vapour production and great flavour and it hasn't leaked on me once, but I would definitely not recommend it to a beginner or to someone without patience and a healthy sense of humour.

DSC00303.JPG

My thoughts are this :p

At first it was really difficult t build and mine kept leaking!! I then remembered why i dont use tanks anymore and love my reos cause to build on dripper takes me 5-10 min and i think i spent 1 hour on that thing! The flavour good though but i dont like using tanks anymore as i also love my nautilus minis alot!

I keep getting random resistance readings on it that vary from 1.0 to 5.5 ohms regardless of the wire used.

When i get that it is one of the grub screws not tight enough, or not making a good connection to the wire, did you try to just wipe the sharp end of the grub screw

@paulph201

It there something i can help with, I love my Rose and would like to spread that love

When i get that it is one of the grub screws not tight enough, or not making a good connection to the wire, did you try to just wipe the sharp end of the grub screw
Tried everything I can think of, even fiddled with the screw under the positive post in the base that makes contact with the disk. All connections are solid. Stripped down the whole atty last night, every last piece and scrubbed everything. Rebuilt with fresh wire, every time I measure the resistance I get a different reading, on both the SVDs I had with me. I eventually just filled it with juice and it works ok, but checking the ohms during the day and I'm still getting random readings but it vapes consistently. I'm not talking about minor 0.1 differences here, I'm getting readings of 1.2, 3.3, 4.5, 2.2 etc. Its weird, I have given up trying to figure it out and just accepted that it hates me.

Tried everything I can think of, even fiddled with the screw under the positive post in the base that makes contact with the disk. All connections are solid. Stripped down the whole atty last night, every last piece and scrubbed everything. Rebuilt with fresh wire, every time I measure the resistance I get a different reading, on both the SVDs I had with me. I eventually just filled it with juice and it works ok, but checking the ohms during the day and I'm still getting random readings but it vapes consistently. I'm not talking about minor 0.1 differences here, I'm getting readings of 1.2, 3.3, 4.5, 2.2 etc. Its weird, I have given up trying to figure it out and just accepted that it hates me.

@BumbleBee regarding the grub screws. they taper quit sharp to the front. What i think is happening is the screw is not catching the wire niceley. You fasten the screw to the edge of the hole but it just missed the wire. .. hang on let my paint skills explain better lol
bee.png

Try to blunt the screws a bit

@BumbleBee regarding the grub screws. they taper quit sharp to the front. What i think is happening is the screw is not catching the wire niceley. You fasten the screw to the edge of the hole but it just missed the wire. .. hang on let my paint skills explain better lol
bee.png

Try to blunt the screws a bit
Ah ok, I will file the tips down when I open it up again, thanks ;)

Ah ok, I will file the tips down when I open it up again, thanks ;)

Hope it helps :)

Just remember not to blunt it all the way. you are screwing in to a curved wall so if you blunt it all the way you will get the same effect but in the middle.

I am getting some more grub screws in this order i placed so if they send them i will have some spare, also some ceramic cups

@paulph201

It there something i can help with, I love my Rose and would like to spread that love

Thanks i dont think i like tanks anymore im more of a dripper kind of vapor bud!

Another nice vid on the Pallas clone

I tried to coil like this yesterday, let me just say. If your eye sight is as bad as mine this can be a real PITA lol

I got it up and running again, and i think i found my sweet spot

26g dirty coil
1.3 ohm
My NET at 15watt .. HEAVEN

Back