The Russians are coming

El Capitan

Legend (according to me at least)
LV

Awards
With my newly purchased Russian arriving on Thursday, I intend heading to Vape King to purchase some of the items that I'll need to enter the world of RBA's. The question is, what do I need to start off? I have a set of jeweler's screw drivers already, so that box is checked. Apart from that, I have the following items on the list:
  1. 30g Kanthal
  2. Battery charger
  3. Silica / Cotton (I might just get both and see which I prefer)
  4. Resitance Software (downloaded)
Is there anything obvious that I'm missing?

Ohm Meter
Sharp pair of decent scissors
Tweezers
1,5mm diameter Screw Driver or Drill Bit
Nail Clipeprs or little wire Cutters
Toilet Roll

Thanks Rob, what is the bog roll for? Apart from the obvious

Just for the obvious... nothing special for the Russian... I just looked and the vape work area and rattled off the stuff you were missing. ;)

Thanks Rob, what is the bog roll for? Apart from the obvious
To stabilize the pressure in the Russian at first you will have to blow on it to get the excess juice out of the chamber. There will be a bit of juice coming out of the air hole. Toilet roll.

I'm all for Ekowool these days. I'm lazy like that.:rofl: Used cotton when I had the Kayfun. Rayon will work awesome.

I would suggest getting 28g wire as well, not just 30g

I concur with all the other suggestions above

All the best

I guess that's part of the journey. That said, I doubt my wife has Rayon and Ekowool in the make up cupboard / sewing kit, so I'll have to look for vendors

I'm with the others' suggestion above for your application, my personal preference on wicking material (prioritized):

1. ceramic (impossible to import from USA)
2. 2mm ID Ekowool (the genuine stuff available locally from SubOhmVapors)
3. Silica wick, folded in 8 stands
4. Rayon or Cotton

PS. get 28G Kathal grade A1

Done deal, thanks for the info Johan. Pity that they are in Richards Bay, but I'll place the order today.

Thanks for all the input guys, I'll make sure to post my first home rolled (very averagely I'm sure) coil as soon as it's done. That just doesn't sound right, but whatever

Done deal, thanks for the info Johan. Pity that they are in Richards Bay, but I'll place the order today.

Thanks for all the input guys, I'll make sure to post my first home rolled (very averagely I'm sure) coil as soon as it's done. That just doesn't sound right, but whatever

Sommer get 28G Kanthal from them as well (its proper A1 grade)

Hi @El Capitan
When you order the Ekowool from SubohmVapor (@RevnLucky7) why not order a few juices as well?
Some of their premium juices are amongst the best I have ever tried
May as well make use of the shipping
Just saying

Cotton is the easiest wicking material to get started with, it's really easy to work with and some say it gives better clouds. Rayon just works so much better for flavour. As already mentioned, 28g wire is a good place to start

Also, you need to "torch" your wire before starting of building your coils, this tames the wire and reduces the springiness. A small butane blow torch is great for this but an ordinary bic lighter gets the job done too.

Back