The Scottish Roll Wicking Technique!

Alex

Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
RiP Trippers does - The Scottish Roll Wicking Technique!

So i thought i would give this method a try this morning. But instead of a dripper i used my favourite tank. The Zephyrus...

I did everything as in the video.
peeled only the top layer off the cotton square
stretched it out till i could almost see through it.
cut off my guestimate of how much i would need.
rolled it up neatly and inserted into the coil.
next i did the trimming and wicking as i would normally with the zephyrus.

Impressions:
Initially i thought what a load of crap. The initial cotton taste you get with a new wick was more pronounced.
I gave it a fair chance. There was no burn taste or dry hit. Just a fresh cotton taste.
Gave it about 5 minutes of vaping.
Now im loving it. The wick has settled. the flavour is slightly better than before but still noticeably different.
Cloud production is more dense and not a hint of cotton taste.

In comparison tho the regular method i am certainly enjoying this style of preparing the wick. The juice i am using is about a week old so still needs real steeping but i would say if i was using a properly steeped juice then the flavour would be much better.

Unfortunately no pics. was rewicking at my desk this morning and needed a vape :)

So i thought i would give this method a try this morning. But instead of a dripper i used my favourite tank. The Zephyrus...

I did everything as in the video.
peeled only the top layer off the cotton square
stretched it out till i could almost see through it.
cut off my guestimate of how much i would need.
rolled it up neatly and inserted into the coil.
next i did the trimming and wicking as i would normally with the zephyrus.

Impressions:
Initially i thought what a load of crap. The initial cotton taste you get with a new wick was more pronounced.
I gave it a fair chance. There was no burn taste or dry hit. Just a fresh cotton taste.
Gave it about 5 minutes of vaping.
Now im loving it. The wick has settled. the flavour is slightly better than before but still noticeably different.
Cloud production is more dense and not a hint of cotton taste.

In comparison tho the regular method i am certainly enjoying this style of preparing the wick. The juice i am using is about a week old so still needs real steeping but i would say if i was using a properly steeped juice then the flavour would be much better.

Unfortunately no pics. was rewicking at my desk this morning and needed a vape :)

You will soon discover that this becomes your default wicking method, thanks to /u/cheesebanana. :rock:

You will soon discover that this becomes your default wicking method, thanks to /u/cheesebanana. :rock:

loving the vape so far @Alex
everytime i step outside and have a vape i notice something different. I noticed the vape is denser and that is something i enjoy as well.

Use a similar method for my tanks, instead of doing the whole pad of cotton, I cut a strip slightly wider than what I would normally use, then follow the same procedure of fluffing and pulling, gently roll up and rewick coils as I normally would depending on tank.

Find it more economical than fluffing a whole pad and not have anywhere to store the pad afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that wicking the cotton bacon very tight in the coil does exactly the same as the scottish roll. Less work though.

I found that wicking the cotton bacon very tight in the coil does exactly the same as the scottish roll. Less work though.
I came to the same conclusion. And I do not like the initial taste of Japanese cotton. The Cotton Bacon is neutral from the first toot.

I decided to spread it out and roll it using the SW method. Works great. Faster and more flavoir

Back