Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Credit goes to instagram user @butchgs340 for the wizardry
L1T58Dt.jpg

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2t25u6/secret_to_easy_clapton_wrapping/

Brilliant, but a pity it won't work for multi strand claptons (like the fused clapton or the caterpillar track clapton) :(

I'd like to test an idea i have with the Kuro winding tool.

KKW001-3.jpg

It has a removable shaft right, so why not replace the said 'shaft' with a kanthal strand you intend using as a core for the clapton build? :call: ;-)

Maybe someone could try it out and report back so that my moment of genius may be confirmed :giggle::p

Edit: You would have to drill the top cap hole, all the way through for it to work though :speechless:

Last edited:
TBH, i think it'd be less effort to load the core wire into a drill, then you have a lot less hassle wrapped the shell wire.

TBH, i think it'd be less effort to load the core wire into a drill, then you have a lot less hassle wrapped the shell wire.

Agreed, the drill will be faster, its just an idea that i think would work... 'slowly' but none the less, you know, for shits and giggles :-D

Load the core into the drill chuck and use one of those knitting machine needles to hold the outer wire in place. One could easily make a custom needle using a thinner copper pipe, if a larger hole for the core is needed.

Another nugget, that may or may not be useful to somebody... just rolled my first reasonably neat clapton... I found going faster on the drill, was easier than going slower :p

IMG_5311.JPG

Awesome find. And really smart idea. I'll give it a try just to see if it's really that simple and effective

Pretty nifty idea.

Although the tried and tested secret to the easiest clapton build is.... what for it...

Get someone else to wrap it for you :D:eek::rolleyes:

This is a great find dude... I Clapton by hand with a drill but this is sure to work well. Defs gonna make this with a tube and a dremel tool.

Back