The Serpent Mini 22 and 25 Build Thread

Right so here is my report back on the sm25. Got mine on Friday and setup Friday evening. Build used was 26g Ni80, 7 wraps 3mm ID and the obligatory Cb v2. Single coil mode she came to 0.77ohms. Wick ring removed. I know the Mage is dual coil so all my findings is compared to my Mage. I fitted the dual deck now and that report back will come in a few days time. Wicked her like a champ. She just needed some finessing to get the wicks laying perfectly. Filled her up and no leakage.
The airflow is a bit restrictive and the stock tip contributes to it aswell. Fitted a different tip and airflow and flavour improved. The vape was flavourful and dense. Tank performed great on Friday evening. Then started experiencing some issues on Saturday. Started to get spit after every refill but goes away by the 6th or 7th drag, which did not happen Friday evening. Later the afternoon I started experiencing slight flooding after refills And at one point juice leaked out the bottom. Figured the wicks might have moved, gave a nice blow, PHOO! Down the drip tip and this seemed to have reset the cotton and no leaking or gurgling but the spit back remained after every refill. Today was our year end function and decided to use the serpent because of the juice capacity and didn't want to be refilling the mage every 2 seconds. We were playing lawn bowls and my mod was in my pocket, so no overly active running around type of things. It seemed that the wicks moved again and every time I took the mod out my pocket it had some juice on it. My PHOO tactic wasn't working this time. Was very annoyed by this, fitted the dual deck now with same coil mentioned above x2. Airflow is much better on the dual deck. Only issue I have is that the threads are shit on the deck as I couldn't gently screw the deck in as it was catching just ad it started threading. Forced it on to help open the threads abit. Oh and left the wick ring on this time. Hopefully I don't get any leakage when filling up.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk
Why are you removing the ring? It will keep your cotton in check

Why are you removing the ring? It will keep your cotton in check
Went on the recomendations I read in this thread as was said flavour improved with it out. I'll give the single deck a try again with the ring on next time and see how it goes.

So after starting to taste some gunkness decided to rebuild. First build Ni80 snapped off the one leg while pulsing sumabitch! Next build ohm fluctuations checked that deck is tight, it's not sumabitch! Tigthened deck rebuild again this Ni80 tastes k@k sumabitch! Decided stuff it back to old school Kanthral 28g 6 wraps 0.8ohms bliksem the ring across the room (got hot with all the pulsing and was loose tried to tighten sumabitch!) wicked the Scottish Roll method tails just touching the base. Think I finally found my happy place....

So after starting to taste some gunkness decided to rebuild. First build Ni80 snapped off the one leg while pulsing sumabitch! Next build ohm fluctuations checked that deck is tight, it's not sumabitch! Tigthened deck rebuild again this Ni80 tastes k@k sumabitch! Decided stuff it back to old school Kanthral 28g 6 wraps 0.8ohms bliksem the ring across the room (got hot with all the pulsing and was loose tried to tighten sumabitch!) wicked the Scottish Roll method tails just touching the base. Think I finally found my happy place....
Sooo much hard work

Sent from my Note 4

Sooo much hard work

Sent from my Note 4
Jussie boet you can't imagine I was ready to MOER this whole tank into the veld.... But luckily I have a love hate relationship with this Demon spitting round orifice....

Jussie boet you can't imagine I was ready to MOER this whole tank into the veld.... But luckily I have a love hate relationship with this Demon spitting round orifice....
LMFAO. Hilarious buddy

Still the best tank though

Sent from my Note 4

Yeah man. Show that who is boss.

Sent from my Note 4
So van die Os oppie Jas as they say in Afr the battery life on 22W on the Minikin V2 is simply outstanding.....

Just checked I have another three SM25s on the way from China lol best to make this work....

So van die Os oppie Jas as they say in Afr the battery life on 22W on the Minikin V2 is simply outstanding.....

Just checked I have another three SM25s on the way from China lol best to make this work....
At 22w those batteries must last abt 2 full days

I vape at abt 60w so almost a full day

Haha 3 more. Yeah you gonna have to love that tank

Sent from my Note 4

At 22w those batteries must last abt 2 full days

I vape at abt 60w so almost a full day

Haha 3 more. Yeah you gonna have to love that tank

Sent from my Note 4
On day three Batts are half.... Brilliant...

No fair

Sent from my Note 4
97ac27b233e4f74301c142903b15340e.jpg

Don't get this whole high wattage thing to me it's about low wattage don't need 'how big is your tolly' clouds....

97ac27b233e4f74301c142903b15340e.jpg

Don't get this whole high wattage thing to me it's about low wattage don't need 'how big is your tolly' clouds....
Can't remember when last i had a coil with total resistance above 0.3

Will try a highish resistance build in SM25 to see how it vapes

Hmm. Damn now i have to buy another SM25

Sent from my Note 4

Can't remember when last i had a coil with total resistance above 0.3

Will try a highish resistance build in SM25 to see how it vapes

Hmm. Damn now i have to buy another SM25

Sent from my Note 4
Probably off topic but I don't know what the whole low ohms thing is about....

Ive been happily vaping at 0.6-1.0 on most of my devices and no one can tell me their taste buds are that amazing that they taste the difference in flavor...

Ok I lie.... The SM25 has been a bit of a revelation to me @ 0.8 tonight. So many builds so many different coils and this and that but this tank does stand out above the rest I must admit.

Probably off topic but I don't know what the whole low ohms thing is about....

Ive been happily vaping at 0.6-1.0 on most of my devices and no one can tell me their taste buds are that amazing that they taste the difference in flavor...

Ok I lie.... The SM25 has been a bit of a revelation to me @ 0.8 tonight. So many builds so many different coils and this and that but this tank does stand out above the rest I must admit.
Yeah man i will never pretend to be an expert when it comes to tasting juices. Whether it is a super low sub ohm build or a more pedestrian 0.6 to 1 ohm.

Apart from the level of clouds you create i could probably not taste any difference.

I guess everyone must find their happy place. Be it loads of battery power with little clouds or huge clouds and having to carry spare batteries

As long as we are not smoking then we are good.

Sent from my Note 4

Good day
Does anyone have a tip to acces the build deck on the serpent mini 25 seems like mine is stuck on tight tried some hot water and puting it in the fridge but still cant get it of?

@Friep I had same problem
its super tight when u first get it
I put mine in boiling water then used a latex surgical glove to grip it with

Try putting a thin screwdriver through the airflow holes to get some more leverage. Just be careful not to bend the positive pin or press to hard with other hand and crack the glass. Next best is use a water pump pliers to grip the base. Wrap a clothe around it first so you don't spoil your atty

Back