The underrated Fuji GTA RTA -- a mini review

Waine

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
IMG_1925.JPG

After vaping for almost a year now, I have had an absolutely amazing experience. I tried out a lot of gear and delved into many dimensions of vaping, from building coils to DIY. If I had to choose one RTA that stands out the most it is without doubt the Fuji GTA RTA.

Reviews are very subjective and based on personal preference, mood and mode. (Or fashion, if you like.) A good example is that a seasoned vaper raves about a particular new mod or atty, people read about it, they like it, want it, and a trend is set, sales increase. Somehow the product is punted, whether deliberately or inadvertently.

Very little, if anything has been said on this forum about the Fuji GTA RTA. I just don't comprehend why, and I enjoy giving credit where it is due.

This unit can only take a single coil, but a massive one at that. Anything between 2.5 to 4.5 ID. It is dead easy to build a coil on and to set it on the "lay down" system, similar to the single coil on the (over rated IMO) Serpent Mini 25mm, with the coil legs facing in opposite directions. Wicking this Genesis style atty is simple as pie. I coil and wick this tiger in less time than any other RTA or RDA I own.

Now here is the big deal for me. In fact there are three: First, no leaks ever. I have taken this atty to work and back on a mod in my briefcase numerous times -- never had a leak. It lays sideways on my couch while watching TV, never leaks! That's a massive plus! Second, the airflow: amazing options, with top and bottom options, both airflow rings are solid and smooth-- nice and "clicky". I hate it when atty airflow rings are so tight that you have to remove the atty from the mod to close the ring.

Then the vapour production. Oh my word! This thing throws out the clouds at as low as 30 to 40 Watt settings on any mod I own. With a 20Ga Kanthal, 5 wrap, 4.0 ID build, @O.26 Ohms, it Pi&&e$ on any RTA or RBA I have tried or own. Seriously! I love this unit! Super impressed. I haven't even tried other builds (except a 22 ID once) as I wouldn't want to change a winning formula. The flavour production is great!

Now I know it's not fair to compare other Attys in a review, but I will in this case. With respect, this beats my 2 Serpent mini 25 mm's hands down in all fields. Especially with its 6ml tank. Yet the SM 22 is raved about on EVIGSSA like there is no tomorrow. Fair enough -- my subjective opinion may be at play here. The SS mini is a super RTA at a great price -- no doubt, but, for me, personally, it pales in comparison to the Fuji Single coil. (There is also a duel coil Fuji version out.)

In conclusion: I would love to try something different, another RTA, for example: like the new Avocado 24mm, but I am just so afraid it won't perform as well as this. So I have resolved to buy a second Fuji at the end of the month. I want to double up the pleasure this RTA has given me for over 2 months.

I saw a chap recently put his Fuji on sale on this forum. My first thought was: "Are you crazy? Why part with such a beautiful piece of equipment?" No offense intended.

The only negative for me are the usual pathetically tiny grub screws, but with the paper clip thick 20 Ga coil there is no need to change coils often. Just dry burn and rinse.

Anyway, this "mini review" ended up so long, as I cannot sing my praises enough to Digiflovor for crating the Fuji GTA and for Sir Vape for bringing it to our shores.

Is there anyone else who owns one who can second my (subjective) opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 75448

After vaping for almost a year now, I have had an absolutely amazing experience. I tried out a lot of gear and delved into many dimensions of vaping, from building coils to DIY. If I had to choose one RTA that stands out the most it is without doubt the Fuji GTA RTA.

Reviews are very subjective and based on personal preference, mood and mode. (Or fashion, if you like.) A good example is that a seasoned vaper raves about a particular new mod or atty, people read about it, they like it, want it, and a trend is set, sales increase. Somehow the product is punted, whether deliberately or inadvertently.

Very little, if anything has been said on this forum about the Fuji GTA RTA. I just don't comprehend why, and I enjoy giving credit where it is due.

This unit can only take a single coil, but a massive one at that. Anything between 2.5 to 4.5 ID. It is dead easy to build a coil on and to set it on the "lay down" system, similar to the single coil on the (over rated IMO) Serpent Mini 25mm, with the coil legs facing in opposite directions. Wicking this Genesis style atty is simple as pie. I coil and wick this tiger in less time than any other RTA or RDA I own.

Now here is the big deal for me. In fact there are three: First, no leaks ever. I have taken this atty to work and back on a mod in my briefcase numerous times -- never had a leak. It lays sideways on my couch while watching TV, never leaks! That's a massive plus! Second, the airflow: amazing options, with top and bottom options, both airflow rings are solid and smooth-- nice and "clicky". I hate it when atty airflow rings are so tight that you have to remove the atty from the mod to close the ring.

Then the vapour production. Oh my word! This thing throws out the clouds at as low as 30 to 40 Watt settings on any mod I own. With a 20Ga Kanthal, 5 wrap, 4.0 ID build, @O.26 Ohms, it Pi&&e$ on any RTA or RBA I have tried or own. Seriously! I love this unit! Super impressed. I haven't even tried other builds (except a 22 ID once) as I wouldn't want to change a winning formula. The flavour production is great!

Now I know it's not fair to compare other Attys in a review, but I will in this case. With respect, this beats my 2 Serpent mini 25 mm's hands down in all fields. Especially with its 6ml tank. Yet the SM 22 is raved about on EVIGSSA like there is no tomorrow. Fair enough -- my subjective opinion may be at play here. The SS mini is a super RTA at a great price -- no doubt, but, for me, personally, it pales in comparison to the Fuji Single coil. (There is also a duel coil Fuji version out.)

In conclusion: I would love to try something different, another RTA, for example: like the new Avocado 24mm, but I am just so afraid it won't perform as well as this. So I have resolved to buy a second Fuji at the end of the month. I want to double up the pleasure this RTA has given me for over 2 months.

I saw a chap recently put his Fuji on sale on this forum. My first thought was: "Are you crazy? Why part with such a beautiful piece of equipment?" No offense intended.

The only negative for me are the usual pathetically tiny grub screws, but with the paper clip thick 20 Ga coil there is no need to change coils often. Just dry burn and rinse.

Anyway, this "mini review" ended up so long, as I cannot sing my praises enough to Digiflovor for crating the Fuji GTA and for Sir Vape for bringing it to our shores.

Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences with this atty, its always appreciated by vaping newcomers looking for info on these scarce contenders.

Here we go again... the FOMO is growing... off to search for a Fuji GTA! Thanks for the review @Waine! I must say the juice capacity really perked my interest especially if it's as good as the SM25 or better than as you say... off to find one now. :p

Quick question @Waine... does it take a standard drip tip?
It would appear not. :(
10mm Tall Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
https://www.elementvape.com/fuji-gta-by-digiflavor-two-post-genesis-tank-atomizer

5709800-4.jpg

Thanks for the writeup and review @Waine
Been eyeing out this tank and also like the bigger juice capacity

I'd like to get another opinion on this vs the SM 25mm, looking at buying a friend a nice flavour chasing atty for xmas as he has been wanting one for a while now.

Was thinking about the Mage, but then decided on the SM 25mm instead but now might consider this instead.

Vape Mail this morning... I won't have time to build and play today because I have a day out with @Gizmo and @Stroodlepuff! :b1:

But so far I'm happy... offset posts like the Serpent Mini's and it comes with a Drip Tip adapter! Both are Wins!
FujiGTA 001.JPG FujiGTA 002.JPG

OK the excitement was all too much and I broke out the toolkit and did a build... the first thing is you wind the coil clockwise (opposite to the SM25)... but no issue I have a spare coil form the SM25... wow this is an easy build... so much space and great grub screws (well it seems like it so far).

This is a BIG TANK... but that is what I was looking for... lots of juice in da tank! :b1:

I never read any instructions and just built it similar to the way I do the Serpents except the tails are considerably longer of course... so far the flavour is excellent but let's see how we go over the day and how well my wick wicks... will take two Athena Prides out and about today... one with the SM25 and one with the Fuji GTA... report back tonight...

Many thanks to @Waine for highlighting this tank! :campeon:

FujiGTA 003.JPG FujiGTA 005.JPG

Last edited:
Having spent a day with the Fuji GTA my initial impressions are that the flavour is very good and the juice capacity is marvellous. So nice to have a tank with decent flavour and a large juice capacity... also no leaking at all... none... zippo... with my Serpent Mini 25's I do sometimes get leaking when refilling the tank when the wick isn't perfect... but the Fuji GTA doesn't leak one bit.

The air flow is marginally less than the SM25 but still fine... but the SM25 has better flavour... it's close but noticeable. But because of the large juice capacity the Fuji will certainly stay in the operational team especially when heading out and about.

Building is a breeze as it wicking on the Fuji... build quality is top notch... it's probably easier all round than the SM25 to build and wick and a lot more forgiving... it most certainly can be considered a Chicken Dinner Tank and I'm really glad I bought one. But if flavour is your thing a SM25 still wins.

Bear in mind that all tests were done with Vapour Mountain XXX and other juices may perform differently in the tanks.

Both tanks were single coil Nichrome 24g 7 wrap 3mm with Cotton Bacon on an Anthea Pride DNA 75... the SM25 was fired at 30 watts and the Fuji at 32 watts.
SM25Fuji 001.JPG SM25Fuji 002.JPG

Having spent a day with the Fuji GTA my initial impressions are that the flavour is very good and the juice capacity is marvellous. So nice to have a tank with decent flavour and a large juice capacity... also no leaking at all... none... zippo... with my Serpent Mini 25's I do sometimes get leaking when refilling the tank when the wick isn't perfect... but the Fuji GTA doesn't leak one bit.

The air flow is marginally less than the SM25 but still fine... but the SM25 has better flavour... it's close but noticeable. But because of the large juice capacity the Fuji will certainly stay in the operational team especially when heading out and about.

Building is a breeze as it wicking on the Fuji... build quality is top notch... it's probably easier all round than the SM25 to build and wick and a lot more forgiving... it most certainly can be considered a Chicken Dinner Tank and I'm really glad I bought one. But if flavour is your thing a SM25 still wins.

Bear in mind that all tests were done with Vapour Mountain XXX and other juices may perform differently in the tanks.

Both tanks were single coil Nichrome 24g 7 wrap 3mm with Cotton Bacon on an Anthea Pride DNA 75... the SM25 was fired at 30 watts and the Fuji at 32 watts.
View attachment 75705 View attachment 75706

@RobFisher

Awesome Rob. I'm so glad you like it! I think your assessment is a fair one indeed. The flavor difference compared to the SM25 is marginal, but how's the build size? Try go bigger, 4 or even 4.5 ID and watch the cloud production. I see Sir Vape have dropped their price on the Fuji. I hope they hold out until month end so I can pick up my second one. Then with my 2 SM25's and 2 Fuji's I should be happy for a while. My other RTA's have taken a back seat.

By the way, your wooden mod collection is amazing, out of this world!

Awesome Rob. I'm so glad you like it! I think your assessment is a fair one indeed. The flavor difference compared to the SM25 is marginal, but how's the build size? Try go bigger, 4 or even 4.5 ID and watch the cloud production. I see Sir Vape have dropped their price on the Fuji. I hope they hold out until month end so I can pick up my second one. Then with my 2 SM25's and 2 Fuji's I should be happy for a while. My other RTA's have taken a back seat.

Thanks @Waine I will do just that... I can just imagine the cloud production with the bigger coil... Yip saw the price reduction today... bummer I ordered mine yesterday! :confused: The build size and space is insane and way easier to build on... and very forgiving!

I will set a new record in the next few days when I build a coil over 3,5mm for the first time ever!:p
Yip a couple of Fuji's and a couple of SM25's pretty much get you set! :b1:

Thanks again for highlighting this tank... it's a need to have... love the no leaking and the big juice capacity! :D

View attachment 75448

Very interesting Waine , good looks coupled w/what looks to be solid construction. I am on the path to the unreachable destination of perfect flavor so my ears tingle every time a forum mate mentions it. I am currently waiting for a Petri and my gear addiction has gone out of control again. I'll have to tell the wife It is my forum's fault,you guys always get my wheel turning!

View attachment 75705 View attachment 75706

Thanks for sharing your views @Rob Fisher
Here we go again :eek:
:D

@kev mac , aint this just the story of vaping life on the forum! Always searching. Always looking for that improved vape experience. Not knowing whats waiting behind the next corner is exciting though!

Really interested in the 25mm MTL Siren , suspect flavour will be on par with the SM25 but who knows ..... now to find who has stock ...

Back