The Vape Guy - Smok RPM & Fetch RBA Deck

BumbleBee

Vaping Master
VIP
LV

Awards
I am really impressed with this RBA that Smok has just released for the new RPM40 and Fetch kits, I am a rebuilder so this little goodie opens up a whole new world of pod/aio vaping for me. What I really really like is that they've included a little rubber insert that fits in the airflow hole under the coil to convert the restricted DL RBA into a proper MTL setup.... I love it!.

One question I've seen coming up a lot is "How the heck do you dry burn your coils on this thing?". Well, if you absolutely have to dry burn your coil then check this out...

I took a spare RPM coil pod and hacked it open with a Dremel.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-24 at 13.50.48.jpeg

Now you can mount your RBA deck in the hacked pod which I now call a "cradle".

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-24 at 13.50.49.jpeg

Dry burn to your heart's content.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-24 at 13.50.49(1).jpeg

Wick it up.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-24 at 13.50.50.jpeg

Test fire again before putting the fully assembled RBA head back into a normal RPM coil pod.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-24 at 13.50.51.jpeg

One thing to note is that the post screws on this deck are going to have a really hard time holding on to anything wider than ordinary round wire, although you shouldn't need anything too fancy in here as round wire actually works very well in this application, I'm getting fantastic flavour from the coil pictured above.

I have the RMP40 kits, RPM Coil Pods, Nord Coil Pods, RPM Coils, Nord Coils and RBA Coil Head available at The Vape Guy

Wow that is great!

Hope voopoo does the same for the Vinci as well!

I am really impressed with this RBA that Smok has just released for the new RPM40 and Fetch kits, I am a rebuilder so this little goodie opens up a whole new world of pod/aio vaping for me. What I really really like is that they've included a little rubber insert that fits in the airflow hole under the coil to convert the restricted DL RBA into a proper MTL setup.... I love it!.

One question I've seen coming up a lot is "How the heck do you dry burn your coils on this thing?". Well, if you absolutely have to dry burn your coil then check this out...

I took a spare RPM coil pod and hacked it open with a Dremel.

View attachment 181139

Now you can mount your RBA deck in the hacked pod which I now call a "cradle".

View attachment 181138

Dry burn to your heart's content.

View attachment 181137

Wick it up.

View attachment 181136

Test fire again before putting the fully assembled RBA head back into a normal RPM coil pod.

View attachment 181135

One thing to note is that the post screws on this deck are going to have a really hard time holding on to anything wider than ordinary round wire, although you shouldn't need anything too fancy in here as round wire actually works very well in this application, I'm getting fantastic flavour from the coil pictured above.

I have the RMP40 kits, RPM Coil Pods, Nord Coil Pods, RPM Coils, Nord Coils and RBA Coil Head available at The Vape Guy

It looks like that RBA could fit into a boro. Then just some modifications to make it work ,won't you say

Great post @BumbleBee
Sounds like my kind of vape!

It looks like that RBA could fit into a boro. Then just some modifications to make it work ,won't you say
Hmmm, interesting idea. It might be possible, I’m just wondering if this deck will fit. I don’t have any BB stuff left to check the sizing though.

Hmmm, interesting idea. It might be possible, I’m just wondering if this deck will fit. I don’t have any BB stuff left to check the sizing though.

Anyway, what you did here is great. Awesome hack!

Back