Throat hit from hell

There seems to be quite a lot of chemistry happening in juice-mixing/steeping which is not fully understood yet. I guess that's fair, science doesn't have a huge knowledge database on liquids which are vaporised and then inhaled. Even the diversity of opinion on what we taste in vapour flavourings defies belief at times. Hopefully we can find answers to these things and steps can be taken to reduce harshness, off-flavours, throat hit, pepper, etc.

Thanks for all the comments and help guys, I'll try to make it work and keep you guys posted. The marshmallow and vape wizard sound like great ideas, if that doesn't work, I'll put these on the shelf for a while

You can also increase the vg to max. That helps a bit too.

Is it just some flavors or all. If its all it may very well be a bad batch of nic.

Somtimes some concentrates become less harsh after a proper steep where as other like choc glazed doughnuts becomes harsher.

Certain concentrates just are naturally harsh and there isnt much you can do about it. Citrus, gummi candies, doughnuts, peach... those are all big culprits.

Tfa smooth and vape wizzard may smooth out the harshness a bit bit there is a trade off in flavor. Almost to a point where I would encourage you to rather try other flavors.

You can also look at reducing you nic a bit too, lowering the nic and the pg content will at least help a little to reduce it.

But dont write it off. I used to get terrible thraot from juict peach and didnt mix with it for quite some time. I am back on it now and I have almost no issue vaping it.

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk

You can also increase the vg to max. That helps a bit too.

Is it just some flavors or all. If its all it may very well be a bad batch of nic.

Somtimes some concentrates become less harsh after a proper steep where as other like choc glazed doughnuts becomes harsher.

Certain concentrates just are naturally harsh and there isnt much you can do about it. Citrus, gummi candies, doughnuts, peach... those are all big culprits.

Tfa smooth and vape wizzard may smooth out the harshness a bit bit there is a trade off in flavor. Almost to a point where I would encourage you to rather try other flavors.

You can also look at reducing you nic a bit too, lowering the nic and the pg content will at least help a little to reduce it.

But dont write it off. I used to get terrible thraot from juict peach and didnt mix with it for quite some time. I am back on it now and I have almost no issue vaping it.

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk
It's only those 2 mixes, both at 3mg. All my other mixes are fine(just tryna get my head around pineapple , it's stronger than I thought), but almost no throat hit on my others. The one with watermelon candy and the one with choc glazed donut are the only harsh ones, and it's all max vg. I'll let the watermelon steep a bit more, as for the donuts...meh

I don't know how I'm going to finish my CGD. I don't like Bronuts enough to make it again and CGD is a coil killer that isn't used in much else. I don't get razor throat from it but it's far from being a good or versatile concentrate imo. I might use it in milk or something. Ditto with my Choc Fudge Brownie. Oh well, they seemed like good ideas at the time. ;)

Yeah I got cgd coz I wanted to try it with vanilla custard, banana cream and peanut butter. Sounded real good, and it really did take my breath away...

Probably not harsh, but I definitely noticed a difference as far as taste too. Initially anything with any chocolate flavour tasted metallic to me, now not.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
For sure it would affect taste. I was hoping you would provide some sort of evidence supporting olfactory being able to determine harshness, would help us all solve this phenomenon ;)

Back