Tips on how to save money on vaping

In addition to that I can control the vg/pg content by using 90/10 or 80/20 or 70/30
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I can customise my nic content. I've been decreasing slowly to the point where I'm on 1mg for DL and 3mg for MTL. Pretty much just for the placebo effect now. Doubt I'm getting any real effect from that low nic content.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I can customise my nic content. I've been decreasing slowly to the point where I'm on 1mg for DL and 3mg for MTL. Pretty much just for the placebo effect now. Doubt I'm getting any real effect from that low nic content.

I do 2-3mg on MTL and DL, but the moment I make a test batch with 0mg, I end up vaping twice as much. Catch 22: cut down on nic, vape more juice. Placebo or not, my body still craves the placebo... funny thing these minds of ours...

Support local mix masters , generally much cheaper than imported juice.

agreed
i haven’t bought international juice in years
support local rather!

My tips:

1. Don't succumb to FOMO (fear of missing out). If you do, then this thread is not for you.
2. Don't succumb to hype. If you like trying everything out, then you shouldn't be reading this.
3. Make your own juice. I have 5 flavors that I make all the time and they serve me well. All my flavors compliment each other, so I can use one after the other in the same atty without having to switch atties or change wick just for a new flavor.
4. Don't buy multiple devices for different occasions. I have one mod that I use all the time and a backup just in case. Same goes for atties.

People differ and my way of vaping won't work for most people, but I like the way I do it and I don't have any hassles or problems. My juices don't gunk up my coils and I only re-coil and re-wick once a week.

I buy my coils and wick in bulk maybe once a year and only buy VG, PG and flavors and nic every 4 to 6 months. I spend roughly R1000 to R2000 a year depending on what I need to buy.

I used to like to tinker, but not anymore. I want to refill and vape. Quickly re-coil and re-wick and vape. I don't want to fiddle anymore.

Good morning Zadiac

there is wisdom in those words. I think I am reaching a plateau for my ADV, this being the juices that I like and single 2x700 devices paired with single coil atties. The rest as you say are to satisfy the hobby.

My tips:

1. Don't succumb to FOMO (fear of missing out). If you do, then this thread is not for you.
2. Don't succumb to hype. If you like trying everything out, then you shouldn't be reading this.
3. Make your own juice. I have 5 flavors that I make all the time and they serve me well. All my flavors compliment each other, so I can use one after the other in the same atty without having to switch atties or change wick just for a new flavor.
4. Don't buy multiple devices for different occasions. I have one mod that I use all the time and a backup just in case. Same goes for atties.

People differ and my way of vaping won't work for most people, but I like the way I do it and I don't have any hassles or problems. My juices don't gunk up my coils and I only re-coil and re-wick once a week.

I buy my coils and wick in bulk maybe once a year and only buy VG, PG and flavors and nic every 4 to 6 months. I spend roughly R1000 to R2000 a year depending on what I need to buy.

I used to like to tinker, but not anymore. I want to refill and vape. Quickly re-coil and re-wick and vape. I don't want to fiddle anymore.

Thanks @zadiac
What are the flavour profiles you are vaping regularly ? Wasn’t one of them a coffee Flavour?

Thanks @zadiac
What are the flavour profiles you are vaping regularly ? Wasn’t one of them a coffee Flavour?

Hi @Silver. I make a slightly flavored base juice (either dessert or fruit) when I say slightly flavored, I mean a few drops and I always include 1 % menthol (in all my juices). I also mix a red pill one shot, but only 15 % on a 100ml mix. Then I mix a tobacco/dessert combo with menthol. I only mix three bottles at a time and rotate between them. Then the next mix will be a stronger fruit mix with menthol, the red pill and then a coffee/tobacco combo. Rinse, repeat. That's it. Serves me very well and keeps cost to a minimum.
I do buy Good Boy three or four times a year because I love that juice, but it's too expensive to vape permanently. Other than that, I don't buy comm juices at all.

Last edited:
Hi @Silver. I make a slightly flavored base juice (either dessert or fruit) when I say slightly flavored, I mean a few drops and I always include 1 % menthol (in all my juices). I also mix a red pill one shot, but only 15 % on a 100ml mix. Then I mix a tobacco/dessert combo with menthol. I only mix three bottles at a time and rotate between them. Then the next mix will be a stronger fruit mix with menthol, the red pill and then a coffee/tobacco combo. Rinse, repeat. That's it. Serves me very well and keeps cost to a minimum.
I do buy Good Boy three or four times a year because I love that juice, but it's too expensive to vape permanently. Other than that, I don't buy comm juices at all.

Ok thanks

Good plan

I also rotate among fruity menthols and tobaccoes (also with menthol)
But I have them in several dedicated devices so I can alternate as I choose
I dont mix my own - I mix some commercial juice in a base of PG/VG/Nic/Menthol
I find the flavours of the juices I like are strong enough so that the blend is still very good
Also gunks the coil and wick much less so I get more life between rewicks.

Fruity Menthols based on VM Strawberry, Panama, VK Prime Fizz Apple
Tobaccoes based on Havana Nightz, Taviro, Vape Elixir Pure Tobacco

So I typically have 4/5 flavours running at one time. (2 or 3 tobaccoes and 2 or 3 fruity menthols)

Back