Titanium wire questions

TA1 build update;
26g spaced single coil
2.5mm d
8 wraps, 0.325ohms
Subtank mini on a SX Mini M class

So having vaped with this setup most of yesterday, I found that titanium performs better at higher temp on the SX (450-500 F).Anything below that produced a weak, muted vape.Between the 450-500 range the flavour of the juice was more crisp (cleaner), I experienced a cool vape, vapour production was good and quite dense. This is my second TA1 build, first attempt was a dual coil and somewhat of a fail :nomouth:. TA1 wire definitely needs some cleaning before vaping, I used alcohol pads. It's very springy, stiff, but springy.. I'll give more feedback as I go along building more coils.

EDIT: Joules were set between 25 and 30
Hi, I cannot see why you set the temperature so high. The concept of titanium is to prevent dry burns, better tasting vape and safer. By the time the
temperature control kicks in, your temperature setting is too high. The temperature is set in the following way: set the mod in TC mode, joules. wick the coil and dry burn the wick. set the temp until the dry wick (cotton) just starts to discolour. In other words just starts to burn. Then you set it less or back by 10 deg f. This is the optimal setting to prevent dry burns or prevent the coil from overheating and or giving off dangerous gases. Do this setting at approx 20 joules. Setting the joules higher for a warmer vape is the same as increasing wattage.

In case this helps anyone...

Remove springyness by burning the wire with a lighter then wipe it down to remove all the gunk.

The wire becomes very pliable after this step.

Hi, I cannot see why you set the temperature so high. The concept of titanium is to prevent dry burns, better tasting vape and safer. By the time the
temperature control kicks in, your temperature setting is too high. The temperature is set in the following way: set the mod in TC mode, joules. wick the coil and dry burn the wick. set the temp until the dry wick (cotton) just starts to discolour. In other words just starts to burn. Then you set it less or back by 10 deg f. This is the optimal setting to prevent dry burns or prevent the coil from overheating and or giving off dangerous gases. Do this setting at approx 20 joules. Setting the joules higher for a warmer vape is the same as increasing wattage.

Hey,

I appreciate the advice.
The way I did it worked perfectly for me. No dry hits. That was just how I preferred my Vape.
Moved on from TC tho.. Prefer kanthal, but hope your post helps someone else...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back