Trident Fix

Hein510

Creator of Ohm1 Eliquid range
LV

Awards
Picked up some stuff from LekkaVapors the other day when @Tristan told me about his Trident problem.

Now for some reason, and this a big factory fault, the body was machined wrong way round which means when you put the Trident together the name is wrong way round and the air holes or lack of air holes does not line up. Other problems was that the air holes was also not aligned right so when you build a duel coil the one air hole is right and the other one was almost half closed.

So the plan was to just drill out the holes, but sitting and playing around with thicker and thinner o-rings I got it to fit right way round by putting thicker o-rings at the bottom and thinner o-rings at the top. Problem at the top was the clearance between the body and top cap was so little I had to press it over making the body and top cap almost solid. By juicing the 0-rings I eventually got it to be adjustable again.

Next was the holes, seeing that drilling stainless is hard on its own I could not just slot the one hole, so I had to drill new holes and breaking 2 drill bits in the process as this stainless is pretty damn hard.

But its working and I even wrapped a nice 26g maxi coil (13 wraps - 2.2Ohms) that I now call the Throat hit machine. Takes a while to heat up but then while its hot vaping lika beast! By moving the coil up and down you can adjust its throat hit and on its highest point ... DAMN!!! TH of note!

Body is right way round now.
Bellville-20140320-00589.jpg
New holes are drilled and lined up
Bellville-20140320-00591.jpg
The Throat Hit Machine!!!
Bellville-20140322-00592.jpg

Well done @Hein510
You are a mod machine!

Back