Twisp Clearo Advice

Good day,

I am currently quite new to the vaping environment and i would like to find out more information as to good flavours, better products etc.

I have a twisp clearo currently and use the vanilla, cherry, cafe latte and the polar mint flavour.

The flavours are nice but nothing that really just matches the sensation of a cigarette.
It also sometimes feels like the eliquid runs into the mouthpiece when i pull and this caused me to always keep the Clearo in an upright positition.

Any advice that can help?

I have both Protank 2 mini and a maxi clearo which I believe is basically identical to the twisp.

The liquid in the mouth thing is unfortunately how it is. Funny enough the Protank2 mini does exactly the same thing although more often. If I keep both vertical there is a little condensation with the maxi but on the protank it's like I am sucking it directly into my mouth. The very reason I bought the protank was to avoid the liquid in mouth experience but it is IMO worse than the maxi. I found that if I up the voltage on the protank to 4.2/4.5v and I close one of the hole in the protank it helps a lot (better flavour too).

The biggest diff between the maxi and protank is the one is a top coil (maxi) and the other (pt2) is a bottom coil. I prefer the warmer vape of the top coil maxi. The pt2 is a much cooler vape which suits certain flavours like Vapemob's mango. In the maxi I have to mix the mango with tobacco flavour because it is too potent (overwhelming).

I have both Protank 2 mini and a maxi clearo which I believe is basically identical to the twisp.

The liquid in the mouth thing is unfortunately how it is. Funny enough the Protank2 mini does exactly the same thing although more often. If I keep both vertical there is a little condensation with the maxi but on the protank it's like I am sucking it directly into my mouth. The very reason I bought the protank was to avoid the liquid in mouth experience but it is IMO worse than the maxi. I found that if I up the voltage on the protank to 4.2/4.5v and I close one of the hole in the protank it helps a lot (better flavour too).

The biggest diff between the maxi and protank is the one is a top coil (maxi) and the other (pt2) is a bottom coil. I prefer the warmer vape of the top coil maxi. The pt2 is a much cooler vape which suits certain flavours like Vapemob's mango. In the maxi I have to mix the mango with tobacco flavour because it is too potent (overwhelming).

I have had the juice in the mouth episode happen to me once with a mPT2. Upon investigation I noticed that the coil has to catches in the base. Tighten the coil down till it feels like it is locked then give it another twist and it will tighten further till it catches again. Once doing that I am yet to get juice in the mouth. Also do not remove the grommet that sits over the stem of the coil, it acts as a seal between the tank and the air chimney.

For even more flavour what I did was cut the lip off the grommet to turn it into a washer (saw it on the forum somewhere - thanks to whoever posted it, very useful trick, I think it was @CraftyZA ), this allowed for free flow of juice to the wicks.

Hope that helps.

I considered the twisp when i started vaping , but the evod had better reviews , and was cheaper , never had an issue with them and almost a year later they still in perfect condition , still holds charge and never ever leaked .

I have had the juice in the mouth episode happen to me once with a mPT2. Upon investigation I noticed that the coil has to catches in the base. Tighten the coil down till it feels like it is locked then give it another twist and it will tighten further till it catches again. Once doing that I am yet to get juice in the mouth. Also do not remove the grommet that sits over the stem of the coil, it acts as a seal between the tank and the air chimney.

For even more flavour what I did was cut the lip off the grommet to turn it into a washer (saw it on the forum somewhere - thanks to whoever posted it, very useful trick, I think it was @CraftyZA ), this allowed for free flow of juice to the wicks.

Hope that helps.

To a vapaholic...that helps much more than you could know...thanks so much.

I have been using Mini Protanks for more than 8 months and have never had them spit juice in my mouth. But then I have never recoiled them - only use commercial coils.

I have been using Mini Protanks for more than 8 months and have never had them spit juice in my mouth. But then I have never recoiled them - only use commercial coils.

Only been using them for just over a month but the same thing Matthee said!

Only been using them for just over a month but the same thing Matthee said!

I have used it with rebuilds and commercial coils and the one and only time I had juice spit in my mouth was due to user error

The flavour wick that so many people like taking out is what keeps the hot popping juice out of the mouth. I always put a 2mm piece of silica over my pt coils.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

As far as the Twist liquids are concerned I had a few bottles of their Mentha left and then the Missus found me some TopQ Pepper Menthol (10ml / 12 mg) at Pick and Pay for R 48 per bottle. I have mixed this 50/50 with the Twist juice and it has made an awesome blend. Nice and cool, enough of a throat hit and generally hits the spot at a much lower cost.

Once I have made my way through the stock I have will try the Vape Mountain and let you know how it compares. At this rate of consumption I will not have much stock for too long :)

Then again I didn't think about that sorry . Just thought about avoiding all code red situations

Would be awesome if chain stores stocks vaping accessories imo

I would hate that... as soon as big chains get into anything they stuff the market up out of sight!

I have been through it a few times and watched the Mom and Pop business that built the market wither and die... It's gonna happen but I'm not looking forward to it... :oops:

Maybe not if you supply them :D
That way you turn your stock faster less margins but you make it up with the qty you supply

That will never happen... they will bulk buy, cheapen the product and bastardise the market... any chain store involvement in a niche market is the death of that market...

That will never happen... they will bulk buy, cheapen the product and bastardise the market... any chain store involvement in a niche market is the death of that market...
Yep they go straight to supplier buy volume get huge rebates undercut everyone else and smile all the way to the bank. It's almost criminal really. The business I'm in we contracted to the manufacturer so that is unlikely to happen. I see it all the time. They buy from the little guy to test the water then bypass them when the market responds well.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Apologies, I checked with SWMBO and it was in fact Smokers De-lite in PnP center in Table View and then at the same store in Parklands next to the Spar.

From my perspective I feel that Vaping would see a definite growth if people had stores where you can see the products on offer. I do a lot of online shopping but tend to avoid it when it relates to things that I dont know well. On this basis I will probably tend to be less adventurous with flavours etc.

I dont want to see any of the guys on this site become obsolete but maybe you should band together for a little vaping store / hangout.

Hi guys..

I recently started vaping ( twisp ) and i can't find a flavour that i like alot..
It just doesnt taste nice.. Any suggestions on good flavours?

Hi guys..

I recently started vaping ( twisp ) and i can't find a flavour that i like alot..
It just doesnt taste nice.. Any suggestions on good flavours?

Hi @Dubz
You joined the forum in October last year. Is that you?
Hard to digest your comment that you recently started vaping. Lol

Hi @Dubz
You joined the forum in October last year. Is that you?
Hard to digest your comment that you recently started vaping. Lol
Hello @Silver you are correct about me joining the forum in October 2014, however i did not create the post in question. That is very weird as nobody has had access to my PC. I have changed my password now just in case someone has hacked my account.

Last edited:
Didn't this happen before on the forum ?

Some people logged into the forum and were incorrectly logged in as other people

Hello @Silver you are correct about me joining the forum in October 2014, however i did not create the post in question. That is very weird as nobody has had access to my PC. I have changed my password now just in case someone has hacked my account.

Thanks for letting us know @Dubz - and confirming it was not you. And well done for changing passwords.

Just goes to show that it's quite difficult for a hacker to pose as one of the longer standing members.
We can spot it a mile away.

I will go do some digging and report back if I find anything

Hi @Dubz - couldn't find anything in my first pass.

Perhaps @Alex or @Gizmo can take a look deeper when they get a chance to see if they saw anything suspicious taking place in the conservatory with a candlestick last night (16/6/15) at about 22h16...

Back