Twisp Review ( Clearo And Liquid )

Hi all,

Can i use the twisp clearo on another battery lets say a vision spinner 1300mah or ego c twist 1300mah?
i would like using a twisp clearo for when i go out for looks wise

yup, it will work on the ego c twist and other batteries like those :)

Just be careful above 4 volts you will burn the coils quickly.

i am still using my Twisp battery (together with an itaste vv, charging both several times a day) but i changed to the [other] Maxi clearo, with the round mouthpiece and alternating with iClear16's. But i never took out the mouthpiece - i tried to, once or twice, but it wouldn't budge.
i've never before seen so much liquid or condensation on top of the coil grommet (like in the photo)...although i did get some in the mouth sometimes - same with the iClear16's. That problem a thing of the past since i got Evod clearos.
i found the Twisp coils didn't last, with me, although my mother used hers a bit every day for about 4 weeks. Hers always lying down, no leaks.

Thanks for the writeup Silver.
New to the forum and vaping community, bought my Twisp a week ago.

Im not too happy about the mouthpiece either, but as long as i remember to give it a quick shake&wipe everytime i refill, it doesnt seem to be a dealbreaker.

The part that bugs me most is when im mindlessly vaping while reading, and the coil runs dry... That taste! Like smoking a damn matress!

Gonna finish out the two bottles of juice i still have (a week or two worth) and considering changing to Kanger Aerotank Mini.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the writeup Silver.
New to the forum and vaping community, bought my Twisp a week ago.

Im not too happy about the mouthpiece either, but as long as i remember to give it a quick shake&wipe everytime i refill, it doesnt seem to be a dealbreaker.

The part that bugs me most is when im mindlessly vaping while reading, and the coil runs dry... That taste! Like smoking a damn matress!

Gonna finish out the two bottles of juice i still have (a week or two worth) and considering changing to Kanger Aerotank Mini.

Many thanks @WHeunis
Most welcome

I agree with you - the top coil clearos have to be tilted regularly to keep the wicks wet - and this can be a pain.

All the best with your vaping - and from what I have heard others say - that Aerotank Mini is a great device!
Just make sure you have something decent powering it with variable voltage - like a Vision Spinner 2

Welcome @WHeunis

I too started off with the Twisp Clearo. When I first bought it and tried it I was amazed as it was my first vaping experience. I also experienced the problem with the leaky mouthpiece but to overcome that I just kept it straight up in a cup when not in use so that liquid doesnt run into the mouthpiece.

After a month of vaping the Twisp I joined this forum and these guys here are all great and will help you with any problem you have. Soon you will find out about other e-cigs and just like @Silver said , that Vision Spinner 2 and aerotank Mini would make a great device.

Soon I will be upgrading to that same combo and honestly if I had joined the forum earlier I may have never gotten the Twisp in the first place as there are so many other great devices out there. But dont get me wrong, the Twisp is still a great device.

Enjoy vaping

I started on a Twisp Clearo in March. I bought the single device with an extra top unit and the Kuwako pipe attachment because why not! Loved it! But then the price of the liquid just wasnt working for me. Started buying other vendors liquid and was nice but then the battery started bothering me, so I bought an ITaste SVD. Been using the SVD with the twisp atomizer for about a month now and it gets me by but not like I want it to. This is why I ordered a Aerotank Mega which will complete my device. I will always be grateful to my leaky little Twisp. Was good while it lasted! I still carry my twisp battery in my work bag just incase my SVD dies on my unexpectantly as I haven't got a spare battery yet. This is the device that finally got my off the stinkies!20140720_012412.jpg

Two weeks after buying my twisp, i bought a kanger protank mini 3 and vision spinner 2. I was not getting a consistent hit from the twisp. Sometimes the vanilla tastes awesome, and other times (most times) i taste cardboard.
The flavour from the kanger/vision combo is amazing. Even with the twisp vanilla juice. The flavours are much more intense and enjoyable. Its like the twisp mutes the flavours. I have also not experienced any dry hits, flooding, or liquid spitting in my mouth. It just works perfectly everytime. However, it does use more juice than the twisp. Would i recommend this setup, HELL YEAH!

Also, i recommend buying two vision spinner batteries. So you have one charged, and the other charging. Because of the massive 1600mah capacity, it takes way longer to charge than the twisp. I need to get another battery myself.

Also, i recommend buying two vision spinner batteries. So you have one charged, and the other charging. Because of the massive 1600mah capacity, it takes way longer to charge than the twisp. I need to get another battery myself.

Its good that you mention this, and brings me to a slightly offtopic question (but also sorta ontopic ironically):
Why arent passthrough batteries more popular?!

You know, the ones that allow charging with usb WHILE using...

Its good that you mention this, and brings me to a slightly offtopic question (but also sorta ontopic ironically):
Why arent passthrough batteries more popular?!

You know, the ones that allow charging with usb WHILE using...

More components, more space = bulkier batteries, and most peeps like slim. Think the MVP, which is quite popular here, is passthrough.

@WHeunis personally idon't feel comfortable with those as i have a thing about using cellphones, or other battery operated devices while charging. Thats just me! It probably is totally safe though.

Also, depending on you, you may need to have something portable, and not tie you up near a plug point or computer. From what I have read about MVP's, they have awesome battery life and is a pass through as @Andre mentions. But what happens when its charging and you need to go out somewhere? This device does not allow you to replace the battery, as it is internal. I like the look of the SVD, and i have my sights on that in the near future. I think an SVD coupled to a protank mega looks awesome. The SVD however takes batteries which can be swapped out but will need a separate charger, unlike the MVP, but you could buy a spare battery and have that on charge.

Oh thats great because I was worried about using a charger that gives incorrect voltage that would damage the battery. So you say the twisp charger and adapter it came with will work fine. Thanks alot.

Hi All, Philip here from Twisp. Thanks for the well thought out and thorough review. I hope I can answer some of your questions and concerns.

A bit of background: All Twisp devices have been designed and made by Janty, who have pioneered most major developments in accessible e-cig technology. (Kissbox, eGo, Stick, Clearo) By accessable I mean non-hobbyist level products (rebuildable mods etc). Twisp has the exclusive distribution rights of Janty products in Africa, and a few other regions.

The Clearo was designed by Janty in collaboration with Justfog, and so any Justfog products sold in Africa if not under the Twisp brand are grey imports and Janty have sent legal letters to some parties to prevent this continuing. There are also many copied versions of the Justfog/Maxy Clearo, which are harder to deal with. We have 2 new products currently in prototype phase which we are very excited about, and hope to release before the end of the year.

Twisp's goal is release products of ever higher quality and performance levels, that are easy and hassle free to use. This is why we have stayed away from the hobbyist level technology. This is an important niche, but not for people like myself who dont want the hassles of adjusting voltage between flavours, or wrapping my own coils. I just want it to work, well!

Leaking mouthpiece. You may of noticed that on our more recent Clearo's the mouthpiece now has a silicone o-ring to prevent this from happening. They can also be bought from our stores for R20 and work on the older chassis.

Twisp Flavours, we made the choice back in 2009 to create our own range as we were not happy with the consistency and quality of just rebranding generic chinese liquids. The ingredients used are of the highest quality, and some are extremely costly to buy. To me it is amazing that some liquids can retail at R50 (after being shipped all the way from China), I simply can't understand how they can achieve this price and use quality ingredients. I would prefer the raging "e-juice" price war not to take place in my lungs :)

You are right in thinking that Twisp flavours taste best in Twisp devices. They are formulated that way, which is the advantage of having a simplified product offering with standardised voltage outputs and coil resistance.

Most of all we are very glad that Twisp has pioneered electronic smoking in South Africa, and we aim to exceed your expectations going forward. We would also very much value any suggestions on how you would like to see Twisp devices improve (without needing an electronics degree to operate)

Kind regards

Philip

We thank you for contacting us Philip! And welcome to the forum. I think overall the twisp is seen as the gateway device. Because your name is recognized by smokers and even non smokers and they associate that name with all ecigs has you a step up on the competition. I refer to it as a gateway device as it has brought many smokers from Cigarettes to ecigs but after awhile they long for more. We understand the pricing concerns and seeing as the company is owned by a parent and the equipment must be imported the costs are higher, as with any of our devices.

I still refer friends and smokers to the twisp as it is the simplest way to quit but eventually they all move on from there to more powerful devices. Saying this you are still helping thousands of people get into a healthier lifestyle. I started on a twisp and I will never regret that. Sure there are a few kinks like the leaking mouthpiece but after a while you learn to deal with it and counter it. Even my high end setup isn't flawless.

Keep up the good work and welcome to the Forum once again!

Twisp reminds of the way Apple builds and markets their devices. Simple and easy to use devices for the normal consumers but not much you can do with using stuff from other manufacturers.

The rebuildables and VW/VV devices are like the android devices. Get it from multiple manufactures, customize the user experience, etc. Some people just use stock standard others tinker with it.

The extreme sub ohm crowd with quad coils, twisted coils, etc are like people using Linux and custom roms on their devices. Can be dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.

There are a lot of different people out there with different needs so all types of devices are needed on the market.

When my Twisp worked well it really worked well - but that wasn't all too often.

I think it has something to do with the top coil and the coil getting dry.

Hi All, Philip here from Twisp. Thanks for the well thought out and thorough review. I hope I can answer some of your questions and concerns.

A bit of background: All Twisp devices have been designed and made by Janty, who have pioneered most major developments in accessible e-cig technology. (Kissbox, eGo, Stick, Clearo) By accessable I mean non-hobbyist level products (rebuildable mods etc). Twisp has the exclusive distribution rights of Janty products in Africa, and a few other regions.

The Clearo was designed by Janty in collaboration with Justfog, and so any Justfog products sold in Africa if not under the Twisp brand are grey imports and Janty have sent legal letters to some parties to prevent this continuing. There are also many copied versions of the Justfog/Maxy Clearo, which are harder to deal with. We have 2 new products currently in prototype phase which we are very excited about, and hope to release before the end of the year.

Twisp's goal is release products of ever higher quality and performance levels, that are easy and hassle free to use. This is why we have stayed away from the hobbyist level technology. This is an important niche, but not for people like myself who dont want the hassles of adjusting voltage between flavours, or wrapping my own coils. I just want it to work, well!

Leaking mouthpiece. You may of noticed that on our more recent Clearo's the mouthpiece now has a silicone o-ring to prevent this from happening. They can also be bought from our stores for R20 and work on the older chassis.

Twisp Flavours, we made the choice back in 2009 to create our own range as we were not happy with the consistency and quality of just rebranding generic chinese liquids. The ingredients used are of the highest quality, and some are extremely costly to buy. To me it is amazing that some liquids can retail at R50 (after being shipped all the way from China), I simply can't understand how they can achieve this price and use quality ingredients. I would prefer the raging "e-juice" price war not to take place in my lungs :)

You are right in thinking that Twisp flavours taste best in Twisp devices. They are formulated that way, which is the advantage of having a simplified product offering with standardised voltage outputs and coil resistance.

Most of all we are very glad that Twisp has pioneered electronic smoking in South Africa, and we aim to exceed your expectations going forward. We would also very much value any suggestions on how you would like to see Twisp devices improve (without needing an electronics degree to operate)

Kind regards

Philip

Hi @Philip Bartholomew
Thanks for joining and for sharing your views. And welcome to the forum.

As I said in my review, I will always have a soft spot for my Twisps, since they got me off smoking. So thank you for that!

I am also very pleased to hear that you have changed that mouthpiece on the Clearo - and am interested in seeing what new devices are launched.

One of your Twisp representatives was signed up on the forum for a while - but haven't seen them for ages. Good to see some representation coming back

All the best

Twisp reminds of the way Apple builds and markets their devices. Simple and easy to use devices for the normal consumers but not much you can do with using stuff from other manufacturers.

The rebuildables and VW/VV devices are like the android devices. Get it from multiple manufactures, customize the user experience, etc. Some people just use stock standard others tinker with it.

The extreme sub ohm crowd with quad coils, twisted coils, etc are like people using Linux and custom roms on their devices. Can be dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.

There are a lot of different people out there with different needs so all types of devices are needed on the market.
@yuganp i am hoping the apple reference is to mobile devices only :rolleyes:

Thats exactly how we see things! Smokers come in all shapes and sizes so the simpler and more accessible the better.

Back