Univapo - Kipo Review

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
Kipo.jpg
KIPO POD

The Kipo pod device was sent to me by Univapo https://www.univapo.com/Kipo/

Many thanks, @univapo @Univapo_Rebecca – much appreciated! This is, however, an honest review and it is not influenced by Univapo’s generosity.

What do I like about it?

The size. It’s small (86.5mm, with a diameter of 18.5mm) and light (a mere 30g). Thus, it’s convenient to carry around with you.

It also has a lanyard (included) in the box, which is ideal if you constantly mislay your pod!

The pod holds 2ml of juice, which is fair enough considering the size of the device. I love the transparency of the pod, which makes it easy to check the level of liquid.

The pod is a side-fill and the fill-port is a comfortable size.

No need for the inconvenience of replacing a coil. Simply replace the pod which has an inbuilt coil.

The battery (520mAh) is good enough and, with its fast-charge cable, it takes only about 20 minutes to charge.

No leakage or condensation whatsoever. I’ve been using it for a week now and there’s not a drop to be seen.

The draw is very good, though somewhat on the airy side. I enjoy that, but it might not be for everyone.

Flavour is excellent!!

The base is sturdy, so the pod can be placed in an upright position on a table, without fearing that it’s going to fall over.

There’s a variety of colours to choose from:

Kipo colours.jpg

It can be draw-activated or button-activated. I tried both functions and they vaped equally well.
However, I prefer the draw-activated, as I explain below.

What do I not like?

The firing button is underneath the pod device. I couldn’t figure out how to hold the pod comfortably and get a finger underneath it in order to fire up.

Firing button.jpg

Fortunately it’s unnecessary to use it, because the draw-activation is extremely good.

Conclusion

I’m quite impressed with this little pod kit and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a small pod that is easy to carry around.

Would love to know your thoughts @Rob Fisher.

@Hooked it's not a bad little Pod system. I agree the fire button and size makes it difficult to use but the autofire works just fine! I'm not a fan of the look of it and it reminds me of a lipstick.

The Pod system I'm really enjoying is the Nevoks Pagee... looks great, very small and pocket-friendly, good flavour and I can use my own 510 drip tips!

Univapo Kipo - First thoughts:

About the size of a 18650 battery (without the pod installed), light, yet sturdy. Easy use, 5 clicks on/off. Auto Draw with the option of using the firing button on the bottom like a mech mod. For it to work with the button takes a bit of hand-training as the diameter of the device makes it difficult. If it was 22/24mm it would be easier. But like @Hooked said, the auto draw works fine and no need to use the button at all.

Comes with 1.0ohm and 1.3ohm pods, both built in coils have decent sized wick ports which means you will be able to use any ratio of juice in there. I am running Gentle Giant Banana & Custard which is a 25/75 juice (I dont use 50/50 at all) and it is keeping up just fine (like the Miso does as well). Flavor is also on par with the Miso pods.

Pocket friendly, comfortable mouthpiece, easy replaceable and refillable pods (this one you have to take out, can't fill while installed like the Miso).

Now to run it and see how long the coil lasts and then try out the 1.3ohm as well.

Quite enjoying it and its performance so far is on point with the Univapo Miso as well.

Just from this I can see it spending a lot of time close to reach and going for short drives with me as well.

Thank you yet again @univapo @Univapo_Rebecca @StompieZA for sending one my way.

UPDATE
to my review above.

I've realised that the slanted ridges on the body of the Kipo are quite useful. It makes it easy to hold the Kipo while driving! A pod kit with a smooth surface could slip out of one's fingers.

My KIPO Experience..

I am doing this review as a favor for my friend who gave me this device for free as he has been given some extra ones and asked me to give my thoughts about it. It’s one of the latest product from Univapo the new KIPO pod kit. This is the first time I’ll be reviewing a device so please bear with me. I am not an expert on these matters as I have only tried just a few devices on my vaping journey, this review is based on my experience upon using this device.

What can I say? I am not a huge fan of its shape but I can say that if you want something unique then this is for you. Well it’s really quite small with its dimensions (it has a diameter of 18.5mm and a length of 86.5mm) with a miniscule weight of just 30g. A very good stealthy device if I may say. It’s perfect for people who does not like to carry a big device. You can just fill up the pod, put it in your pocket or use the lanyard which comes with the package and your good to go. You just need to fill it up again when the juice levels are low.

I can say that this device is perfect for people who are just starting out with vaping. It’s good for people who are transitioning from smoking to vaping just like in my case. I tried vaping several times in the past but couldn’t let go of smoking. I started my transition when I used a prefilled pod device which helped to ease my craving for the analogs. So I figured MTL vaping is best for my case to help me get used to vaping and get rid of my analog cravings. The KIPO gives me satisfaction because I get full flavor from my juice without having to inhale a huge amount of vapor. The package includes two pods; 1.3Ω for MTL and 1.0Ω for a slightly warmer vaping. I used a juice with 50/50 ratio with 6mg of nicotine and the flavor I got from it was superb. The mouthpiece has a nice shape which makes it comfortable to use.

The pods are filled from the side, but you have to remove the pod from the device to fill it. The pod is held in place by magnet when attached to the device. It has no airflow as I guess the very tiny gap between the device and the pod serves this purpose. It has an auto-draw activation which is similar to the prefilled pod device that I use is a great feature. It also has a bottom firing button which is quite similar to the mech mods I used way back when I tried vaping a long time ago. I use the side of my pinky finger when I use it which is not a problem for me. It gives me just a slightly intense flavor than using just the auto-draw but its perfectly fine without it.

The built-in battery has a 520mAh capacity which can be quite small but is compensated with its quick charge feature of just 20mins.

My overall take on the device?

It is a good device for people on the go and does not like to bother tinkering with a device. Just fill the pod attach it with the device and your good to go; no setting up needed. It’s very handy because of its size and weight. Vapor and flavor production is quite good. I can say it is a perfect device for people who are just beginning to vape and transitioning from smoking.

So where are we gonna get coils for the Kipo?
I can't find a vendor in SA who sell these pods and still waiting for mine, it say it's in SA so just have to waiiittt

Thank you for all your approvals, it means a lot to us.:h::h::h: We do appreciate it!!!

3 weeks in on the 75/25 juice and the 1ohm coil and today it has dropped flavor completely. Time for a pod change!

The Univapo Kipo is a seriously impressive little podkit.

Will be trying the 1.3ohm pod next to see how it performs, but will be giving it to the Mrs to use with her 18mg 50/50 to see how it works for her now. I'll be back on the Miso while she runs the Kipo.

3 weeks in on the 75/25 juice and the 1ohm coil and today it has dropped flavor completely. Time for a pod change!

The Univapo Kipo is a seriously impressive little podkit.

Will be trying the 1.3ohm pod next to see how it performs, but will be giving it to the Mrs to use with her 18mg 50/50 to see how it works for her now. I'll be back on the Miso while she runs the Kipo.
It's very good, mine are with me all the time now. Never been a big pod fan until now

Damm you guys received your prices already
Mine is still floating somewhere

Mine as well. I didn't even get a tracking number.
I emailed them and got a tracking nr but it's somewhere in SA and you our post offices are so up to date with packages haha

Back