Upping the power - slight throat burn in the mornings

did anybody else notice that at higher wattages the coil in kantal they change color(like opaque )? and even dry burning with no wick doesnt make them shiny again ..but doesnt happen when at lower wattages?
Yeah I have noticed this the high temps will do this it is normal.

@Riaz I agree with you the higher-level of Nic I vape.then I get more of a burn but with 6mg I'm fine and can lung hit that all day no problem

@gripen @andro

I just found this it shows the colour metal changes as heat is applied.

• Faint-yellow – 176 °C (349 °F) – engravers, razors, scrapers
  • Light-straw – 205 °C (401 °F) – rock drills, reamers, metal-cutting saws
  • Dark-straw – 226 °C (439 °F) – scribers, planer blades
  • Brown – 260 °C (500 °F) – taps, dies, drill bits, hammers, cold chisels
  • Purple – 282 °C (540 °F) – surgical tools, punches, stone carving tools
  • Dark blue – 310 °C (590 °F) – screwdrivers, wrenches
  • Light blue – 337 °C (639 °F) – springs, wood-cutting saws
  • Grey-blue – 371 °C (700 °F) and higher – structural steel

Fantastic@Sprint its very interesting to see how the heat of the coils have an infect on the colour of the coil burning.thanx for that its amazing.

Hi @Silver

As others have said; try lowering the Nic content. I was on 6mg before starting lung-hitting, so I didn't really need to lower it. I did find that I had to lower the Menthol content - if it's just a little high I get the same feeling. I cannot get more than about 1/4 of a lung full if I try my wife's Menthol-with-a-bit-of-Vanilla juice, it burns too much even at 8W.

@360twin I agree.menthols I cand lunhit like I do with my berry hello shots or eny of my other juice,but the menthol helps keep my sinuses open hahaha

@Sprint sorry for the bad spelling.got a new phone and not use to the phone yet.it will get better

i think it's the lung hits - which means back of the throat gets the heat. What i did a lot with cigarettes but i stopped soon after i started vaping, and that was with the Twisp. With cigs it's more controllable,i would pull it until it was too hot / too burny. Somehow it seems it's not so controllable with a loose draw vape. i don't even do it with EVOD. - Except, i do it sometimes with the Happy Holidays - because it's 12mg instead of 18.

I agree with @Cat in that the heat is most likely irritating the throat with direct lung hits. It seems very plausable. Your throat might get used to it though. Similar to how first time vapers cough but then they get used to it...and then empty out their bank accounts ;)

Its like ammmm don't. Need. This but want it and then I see. Something new and then get that haha it's. A daily struggle to make up my mind

A funny little thing I do to prevent heat burn on my tongue if I am chain vaping is to chew gum. I spread the gum over the tip of my tongue so that it acts as a heatshield... very effective in not getting inflamed taste buds anymore.

i cannot do low wattage / higher ohm anymore. I love thick clouds too much :D Mostly I use 30-40W on the Sigelei, sometimes going up to 60W and rarely I do a full 100W....just because it is there :eek:
On my mech mods I run coils between 0.15 and max. 0.6...

But at least I brought down my nic to 6mg now....that is maybe the trick then. I have no issues with a rough feeling throat

for myself i find that after a few weeks the tenderness and burning goes away, and i can up the power more if i want :p I pressure cooked my lungs yesterday by mistake on a build that was low, with too little airflow.

@nOugh7-Zw hahahaha as long as you don't smell braaivleis then you should be fine

Built a seriously gnarly coil on my mephisto, and it just didn't have enough airflow for it.

@n0ugh7_sw hahaha ir happened to me a few times before wasn't very pleasant

Back