Using Cotton Bacon

craigb

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
I think it's pretty much a given that cotton bacon is the current boss of wicking materials. Yes there are others that people may prefer but the majority vote goes to CB.

But how the heck do you work with it properly?

I'm starting to get the hang of pinching off the right amount at one end, but once I've separated my working strip from the main body I have an asymmetrical doorstop. The tail of my working strip sometimes ends up about 1/2 to 2/3 of the top bit.

Any tips on getting the perfect separation?

Peel it away slowly and move your fingers down and along as you pull
So don't just pull from the top ...
Pull a little .. shift fingers along ... pull a bit shift fingers along ... pull a bit
This way you ensure you keep the density the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Peel it away slowly and move your fingers down and along as you pull
So don't just pull from the top ...
Pull a little .. shift fingers along ... pull a bit shift fingers along ... pull a bit
This way you ensure you keep the density the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
With that stuff, I found it helpful to cut off a hank/length about the final length I wanted it, rather than split it all the way down. Then yeah, I did have to split it still, but it was more manageable and less likely to split unevenly with less length. I do like the stuff but it is packed awfully tight for my liking. Most of the time I end up using the jap. cotton pads...unless I need a longer length for an rdta.

I use scissors to cut a strip off and then I cut that piece again in halve but length wise

That give me more or less enough for 4 coils.

I find it easiest to pull from the middle out to the ends

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The majority of my coils have a 3mm ID, which is great because all I have to do is take a strip of CB v2 and split it in half, then split those 2 pieces in half again and voila! The perfect size :grins: Simply cut the length you need for wicking after that.

Back