Uwell Crown Tank with Commercial Coils

Chezzig

Vaporess
LV

Awards
I eventually Tried out my Crown tank last night ,After a good was and dry I took My time in wicking the Coil ( 0.5 ohm coil) Filled the tank and let it sit for 10 mins or so.

You need a bit of time breaking in the coil.. Id say a little over a tank does it nicely.. (Until its broken in there is an off taste to the vape) Once its broken in, WOW!!!! This is the Smoothest most flavour filled/ smoothest vape I have ever experienced!!! No spit back or gurgling.. Just smooth Vapour.

I vape at around 30 Watts with the airflow slightly opened.

IM SUPER IMPRESSED WITH THIS JEM :)

Glad you broke that badboy in the right way.
The taste at first sucks. But after about half a tank for me she kicks in.

I run the .5 at least 50w with full airflow. So many options on this thing.
But the flavor is constant.

Got mine tuesday and totally blown away. 120w long lung hit no hint of dryness, this is one bad ass tank. Pity the RBA is not as good as the coils.

Glad you broke that badboy in the right way.
The taste at first sucks. But after about half a tank for me she kicks in.

I run the .5 at least 50w with full airflow. So many options on this thing.
But the flavor is constant.
@GlacieredPyro , Yes the flavour does suck at first hahahaha BUT I persevered, and I'm so glad that I did ( Thank goodness I read about the "breaking in of the coil" before I tried it...
So happy I bought this.. Just ordered another one in black, I'm that Impressed.

Got mine tuesday and totally blown away. 120w long lung hit no hint of dryness, this is one bad ass tank. Pity the RBA is not as good as the coils.

that's where the Griffin comes in
:DERPINA:

Can't explain it but everytime I read about this tank I get that FOMO feeling :(
1st stop Velocity dripper, next stop Uwell crown :D

I'm working on that.
I need to find something to coil 5mm ID and I think the rba will be as good as the standard coils.
There is a thread I started where you can see what I'm doing with the rebuildable base.

I'm working on that.
I need to find something to coil 5mm ID and I think the rba will be as good as the standard coils.
There is a thread I started where you can see what I'm doing with the rebuildable base.
Link to thread?. I saw a video for a vertical rebuild on the RBA which I'm also busy with now.

I also love my Crown. The flavor is so intense that I am considering to dilute some of my liquid. There is a nice video on you tube (cant find the link right now) on how to rebuild the stock coils.

I eventually Tried out my Crown tank last night ,After a good was and dry I took My time in wicking the Coil ( 0.5 ohm coil) Filled the tank and let it sit for 10 mins or so.

Not sure I understand. Did you re-wick the commercial coil?

I'm working on that.
I wish I had the patience time & to learn the rebuildables.. But I just don't, and to be honest.. I love the convenience of 'spare Coils" :)

2016-01-29 12.42.57.jpg 2016-01-29 12.42.23.jpg
I just need a bigger ID for the coil. This build was rather good.

Hi Chezzig, got mine today but I didn't clean the tank before I started using it... are you supposed to do this?

Hi Chezzig, got mine today but I didn't clean the tank before I started using it... are you supposed to do this?

You should indeed clean new tanks when you first get them... some like the Kangertech Tanks are perfectly clean when they arrive... but a lot of them still have machine oil and other contaminants... the rule is wash them thoroughly before use. I find Sunlight Dishwasher Liquid works very well.

You should indeed clean new tanks when you first get them... some like the Kangertech Tanks are perfectly clean when they arrive... but a lot of them still have machine oil and other contaminants... the rule is wash them thoroughly before use. I find Sunlight Dishwasher Liquid works very well.
Thanks Rob!

@Greg I agree with @Rob Fisher .... And Prep that coil big time... start on low watts when you start then slowly go up... Your first tank or so isn't going to taste right .. but persevere , it gets better :) Let us know what you think of it :)

I found that my Crown was super clean when i got.

With some manufacturers you find residual machine oil on new tanks and that will ruin your first tank of juice if you go straight in.

Generally I go straight in with juice, but I rely on lots of reviews before I even make the purchase so I know the QC situation by the time I buy.

@Chezzig thanks for starting this thread. I vaped my crown all the way to work this morning.

I love it like a fat kid loves cake

Hahahahaha, I like that @Kayzer , and this way we get the cake flavour without the calories... Love that !!

What I didn't mention was that I was vaping Debbie Does Doughnuts!! :nod: : I get a dark choc inhale and confectionary exhale. Great production of flavour and clouds.

Just to add further: I rotate my coils to make them last longer. After 3 or 4 tanks, I soak the coil in vodka for a while, swab them with earbuds to get the gunk then hot water bath before letting dry.
They recover very well and wick even better after the was cycle.

I've been rotating 3 coils for 2 months since I learned this technique.

Disclaimer: I also have 3 tanks in rotation.

What I didn't mention was that I was vaping Debbie Does Doughnuts!! :nod: : I get a dark choc inhale and confectionary exhale. Great production of flavour and clouds.

Just to add further: I rotate my coils to make them last longer. After 3 or 4 tanks, I soak the coil in vodka for a while, swab them with earbuds to get the gunk then hot water bath before letting dry.
They recover very well and wick even better after the was cycle.

I've been rotating 3 coils for 2 months since I learned this technique.

Disclaimer: I also have 3 tanks in rotation.
Wow, That's a very handy tip @Kayzer , thank you for that one :) Now I just need to buy a bottle of Vodka lolol

Back