Weird Problem with my RTA

Huffapuff

Vape Junkie
LV

Awards
I have an odd problem that I was hoping someone here might be able to assist me with.

I've been using the Digiflavor S MTL RTA (v4) for over a year and a half, and it's suddenly giving me constant dry hits. I've changed nothing in how I coil and wick it, I haven't changed my wire or cotton. But despite all of this it's giving constant dry hits?! I've redone my build 3 times, the last time using different cotton, but with no luck. I've even used it on a different mod thinking my S tube mod may be acting up, but nope - the dry hits continue.

What's really weird is that when I open it up the cotton is soaking wet.

Has anyone else experienced this before with their RTAs?

I have an odd problem that I was hoping someone here might be able to assist me with.

I've been using the Digiflavor S MTL RTA (v4) for over a year and a half, and it's suddenly giving me constant dry hits. I've changed nothing in how I coil and wick it, I haven't changed my wire or cotton. But despite all of this it's giving constant dry hits?! I've redone my build 3 times, the last time using different cotton, but with no luck. I've even used it on a different mod thinking my S tube mod may be acting up, but nope - the dry hits continue.

The cotton can be too tight in the coil

The cotton can be too tight in the coil
Or too loose. Sometimes when I vape too dry then the cotton shrinks inside the coil forcing me to change cotton. Try a bit more cotton. The branding might be the same but, it's a different batch so that could also affect it.

@Huffapuff @Resistance I think, has hit the nail on the head! I had the same issue with a BB Bridge, and as a last resort, I changed the coil and BINGO! I realised afterwards that there was a short when tightening down the flush nut. The same may be happening with your RTA!

Reading this, the only thing that comes to mind is when you wick, do you bed in your cotton. Some times if you hit the fire button before the cotton is fully saturated you can singe the inside. The makes a resistance to wicking properly and could lead to dry hits.

Out of habit now I always bed in my cotton by soaking it and pulsing at low W to draw the liquid fully before I reassemble and vape.

@Huffapuff @Resistance I think, has hit the nail on the head! I had the same issue with a BB Bridge, and as a last resort, I changed the coil and BINGO! I realised afterwards that there was a short when tightening down the flush nut. The same may be happening with your RTA!
And today I remembered I had a simular issue long ago when the actual RTA had to be stripped and soaked in alcohol to get that last bit of muck out that caused poor continuity and resulted in weird issues.

Reading this, the only thing that comes to mind is when you wick, do you bed in your cotton. Some times if you hit the fire button before the cotton is fully saturated you can singe the inside. The makes a resistance to wicking properly and could lead to dry hits.

Out of habit now I always bed in my cotton by soaking it and pulsing at low W to draw the liquid fully before I reassemble and vape.
Thanks, gonna try this

And today I remembered I had a simular issue long ago when the actual RTA had to be stripped and soaked in alcohol to get that last bit of muck out that caused poor continuity and resulted in weird issues.
If nothing else works, I'll try this too. Just hate the aftertaste of surgical spirits!

When I tested this tank I found it be fussy with VG PG ratio, and I note that you haven't mentioned anything about any juice ratio changes.
If you are using a thicker juice, you could try a Scottish roll wick, however comb the cotton to align the fibers prior to rolling it up.
That said, something has changed, and if it's not the atty, coil, cotton or juice, then it's you ... Have your vaping style and or preferences maybe changed?

Back