Valley Vapour - Submit your DIY recipes and WIN!

drew

Dedicated Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Hey All

I've added a DIY E-liquid Recipe section to the site and I need some recipes from our local DIY mixmasters!

I will be giving away 100ml of concentrate to one lucky mixmaster, this can split any which way the winner likes, 10x 10ml flavours or simply 100ml of one flavour. It will be a random draw from all that submit as I don't think it possible to mix up and test every recipe.

You can submit as many times as you like but please stick with recipes of your own or ones that you have tried and can vouch for.

Winner to be announced on the 1st of September 2015!

Submit your DIY E-liquid Recipe now!

Okay so just to check I understand correctly - no tweaked 'clone' recipes, right?

They have to be 100% original recipes?

@r0gue z0mbie If you tweaked a recipe, I would say you made it your own :) Just post it into the clones category, unless you've actually created something new based on a clone, then it would go into one of the other cats.

Awesome idea @drew
Maybe you could make this a quarterly thing? Not sure what the costs are to you, but it would be great to get people really going on diy, and this, seems to be the right direction.
Maybe we could get some juice makers/vendors involved to actually test recipes and if they like something, add it to their line with a "reasonable" supply to the recipe creator? Or some such thing, lol, just thinking out loud on a Sunday afternoon at work :D

This is an excellent idea indeed I have had a look well laid out and the graphics is a cool touch. Everything categorised can I ask for an add to favourites button or something like that?

Im loving the idea of this, iv uploaded a few more recipes will upload more as i think up some and seen some good ones

How about a rating system?

Great idea, @Viper_SA. I will have a look now at integrating a star rating system.

@nemo I'll have a look into favourites too. The idea would be when you "favourite" a recipe, it gets added to a 'Favourites' category, right?

Maybe even show what you have in stock for a 'favorite' recipe @drew ? Saw a craft thingy on kritikalmass' website, where you can order a juice made up from a recipe. Might be worth a trial for some job creation? Someone can hand mix orders for a few bucks.

upload_2015-7-5_20-43-38.png

Keep getting this error when I click to submit a recipe after logging in @drew

Maybe even show what you have in stock for a 'favorite' recipe @drew ? Saw a craft thingy on kritikalmass' website, where you can order a juice made up from a recipe. Might be worth a trial for some job creation? Someone can hand mix orders for a few bucks.

1. Full of good ideas tonight hey @Viper_SA! I like the idea but definitely something that would have to be extensively thought through. If I were to mix up submitted recipes to sell, the recipe author would need to receive commission. I think with that incentive, it opens up a vulnerability for the dishonest to copy recipes from where ever they can find them and in turn earn commission that isn't rightly due to them.

2. Really odd that you are getting logged out! Anyone else having this issue?

3. Star ratings are up!

Login-> submit a recipe-> and then that screen, every time. :rolleyes:

@drew spot on, yes.

Favourites added :)

You need to go into the recipe (click on the title)
Then you will see the "Add to favourites" button below the recipe
You can access your list of favourites by opening "My favourites" from the main "DIY E-liquid Recipes" dropdown menu.

@drew I think a "search by user" would be cool. If you make one or two recipes from a certain user and you want to try more of their stuff. The "Favorites" was a great idea @nemo

@drew I think a "search by user" would be cool. If you make one or two recipes from a certain user and you want to try more of their stuff. The "Favorites" was a great idea @nemo

If you click on the users name on the left under the date it will open up all recipes submitted by that user. I will make the text darker so it's easier to see.

Favourites added :)

You need to go into the recipe (click on the title)
Then you will see the "Add to favourites" button below the recipe
You can access your list of favourites by opening "My favourites" from the main "DIY E-liquid Recipes" dropdown menu.
Excellent thanks, I will be adding my favourites really soon

1. Full of good ideas tonight hey @Viper_SA! I like the idea but definitely something that would have to be extensively thought through. If I were to mix up submitted recipes to sell, the recipe author would need to receive commission. I think with that incentive, it opens up a vulnerability for the dishonest to copy recipes from where ever they can find them and in turn earn commission that isn't rightly due to them.

2. Really odd that you are getting logged out! Anyone else having this issue?

3. Star ratings are up!

I think you kind of give up any "copyright" once you post a recipe online @drew. Any diy'er can mix it up without paying "royalties" so to speak. Probably why there are so few recipes being shared lacally :D

Great idea. Will check it out shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back