Vape Free

KlutcH

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Howzit all,

My story,

I was one of those people that looked down at vape products about 3 years ago, my friend used to come over to my place with his twisp and I was always giving him crap for vaping haha... I started seeing more and more people vaping so I decided to do some research as smoking was burning holes in my wallet like a rat in a cheese factory. I then came across many forums including this one. I read posts for weeks and weeks, then eventually I went down to the twisp stand and bought 2 clearo devices, I was saving so much cash until 2 weeks later when the leaking started and messed up new coils, Bought another 2 clearos, these lasted around the same amount of time. Then I bought a subtank mini kit. "ok its starting to get a little pricey hopefully this one lasts" the subtank was awesome it opened a whole new world so I started doing more research on new products as I was hooked now... Buying new tanks, mods etc spending like R2k a month on some products and juice without noticing I stopped smoking and started vaping to try and save money.

So about 2 weeks ago something just hit me like wtf am I doing lol, I am buying all this different juices and gear to taste flavor and blow out some good clouds, So I was thinking how am I going to stop this addiction / habit. for 2 days I limited myself to 1 tank in my serpent mini lol, then I stopped cold and its going pretty well, there is no cravings like you get when you trying to quit smoking etc...

There are 3 hard parts though, when you actually miss the device, when you get to work and have that morning coffee, when you dead in a dota game for 70 odd seconds, when you at a braai with a beer (it just feels like something is missing but there is no craving at all) really weird feeling.

My last vape was 22nd Jan, only 10 days I know haha.

Anyway sorry for my terrible english. If anyone wants to ask any questions feel free, still love this awesome community! :>

I plan to do the same by the end of this year. Congrats tho as even vaping can be difficult. I will still keep one setup just to use when out for drinks as i always enjoy putting something in my mouth(expecting to find this in the Reading Forum as a non-Vaper Thread).

Congratulations @KlutcH

I sincerely hope this goes well for you. Keep at it, and enjoy an addiction free life!

Good luck on your journey bud.

I dont think i will ever quit vaping unless i find out they discovered something within vaping that is detrimental to my health.

Awesome stuff man! Congratulations on stopping, I hope you can stick with it!

Well I have to be honest first prize when I started vaping was always to use it as a method to wean myself off. I think the hobbiest aspect of it is what will prevent me from ever being able to give it up though. Unless as @Clouds4Days says, evidence (read substantial evidence) comes out saying it's really bad for me. So congratulations are definitely in order!

I hope you still pop in and visit every now and then to say hi!

Yup, hobby now ... the fact that I still vape 15mg has nothing to do with it, no sir ;-)

Congratulations @KlutcH, I think that is the idea to stop smoking /vaping at the end of the day. The hardest part for me is not to vape a decent tobacco juice with a whisky in the evening after a day's work. Good luck with your journey my friend.

Congrats on quitting, @KlutcH. I'd like to quit everything eventually. I stopped smoking by quitting cold turkey and it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately my nicotine withdrawal didn't manifest itself as sudden and temporary cravings (which I could have handled easily) but rather as a sense of mild anxiety (butterflies in the stomach) which started the moment I woke up and persisted the whole day. At any given moment, it wasn't too bad but having it all day, every day kinda wore me down. So, a month after quitting, I started vaping.

I've been on 3mg nic juice since I started vaping and I'll systematically reduce that to 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1, 0.5 and then 0 over the course of this year. Once I do that, I think I'll be in a position to quit everything.

While vaping is great fun and I've invested quite heavily in the DIY side if not the hardware side, it will be subject to the same relentless societal pressure that smoking is. That means increasing regulation, exorbitant sin taxes and general social pressure against it. I got into vaping at just the right time, when rebuildable atties and DIY were both taking off. Getting out of it at the right time might be harder to accomplish. ;)

Back