Vape in afrikaans

Tinykey

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi there

I have a friend that doing reviews in afrikaans
He is based in cape town and have a few videos out.. If we ca show support to him it will be great

Thanks guys

Hi @Tinykey

Why don’t you suggest to your friend to join the forum and post some of his reviews here in this thread

Then it will be more likely for him to get support from members here

A potentially new vaper I was talking to can't speak English and it's the first time that I've had to discuss vaping in Afrikaans. Not too difficult as I don't think there are any equivalent words ... or are there? Would be interesting to know what the Afrikaans words are for the following:

vape
mod
juice
driptip

I translated 'juice' into 'vloeistof' which I'm sure isn't correct! She calls it 'sous' which to me is something that one pours sparingly (or not) on roast beef and potatoes. So both of us were vaping in the dark, so to speak ...

There was a discussion some time back on the forum, on Afrikaans vocabulary for vaping, and there were some suggestions but none of them sounded right - in fact, they sounded quite funny.

So my question is ... when Afrikaans-speakers are together, what words do they use?

How would one say,
"I bought a new mod"?
"This juice is really good"?
"I need/want a new atty"?
"This coil is finished"?

Agree :)
Would be quite interesting to see reviews in afrikaans
Hahaha! I can already see it... “ hierdie Herboubare Drupveratomiseerder se dampwolkproduksie is fantasties!” :rofl:

A potentially new vaper I was talking to can't speak English and it's the first time that I've had to discuss vaping in Afrikaans. Not too difficult as I don't think there are any equivalent words ... or are there? Would be interesting to know what the Afrikaans words are for the following:

vape
mod
juice
driptip

I translated 'juice' into 'vloeistof' which I'm sure isn't correct! She calls it 'sous' which to me is something that one pours sparingly (or not) on roast beef and potatoes. So both of us were vaping in the dark, so to speak ...

There was a discussion some time back on the forum, on Afrikaans vocabulary for vaping, and there were some suggestions but none of them sounded right - in fact, they sounded quite funny.

So my question is ... when Afrikaans-speakers are together, what words do they use?

How would one say,
"I bought a new mod"?
"This coil is finished"?

Me being afrikaans and it being 2019, we tend to use alot of mixed slang or should i say english words in afrikaans. I know its probably not the right way but o well..

So the following i personaly say and use the english words:

Die "vape" is mooi
Het jy jou "mod" op charge gesit?
Watse "juice" vape jy daar?
Dis n baie mooi "driptip" daai!

How would one say,
"I bought a new mod"? Ek het n nuwe vape/mod gekoop
"This juice is really good"? Die juice is baie lekker
"I need/want a new atty"? Ek kort n nuwe tank
"This coil is finished"? My coil het gek@k, ek moet rewick....lol

Hope this helps lol

How would one say,
"I bought a new mod"?
"This coil is finished"?
Ek het 'n nuwe pypie gekoop.
Hierdie juice is uitstekend.
Ek benodig 'n nuwe topper. Ek wil 'n nuwe topper hê.
Hierdie coil is gedaan.

vape
mod
juice
driptip

How would one say,
"I bought a new mod"?
"This coil is finished"?
On my home planet we would say:
"mod chu' vIje'"?
"vIychorgh qar QaQ"?
"nIS ghap atty chu' vIneH"?
"rIn coil"?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hierdie coil is gedaan.

Tank = sapkelkie
Driptip = drupdoppie
Coil = kragkrulstertjie

I see no need to try to name mod gear/stuff in Afrikaans. Mixing languages nowadays is nothing new and even if I did an Afrikaans review I'd still call it a "mod" and "e-juice". It's like these Afrikaans singers saying "Ek gaan my CD (saying the letters in Afrikaans) vrystel". That is still an English abbreviation and if they really want to do it in Afrikaans, they should say "Ek gaan my KS vrystel" which would sound stupid. KS is the Afrikaans abbreviation for "kompak skyf". To me it sounds so stupid to do that. Call a CD a CD even in Afrikaans and get it over with. No harm will be done.

//rant over

where did I put my coffee?

Ek het 'n nuwe dampstel gekoop?
Hierdie e-sousie is teenaan.
Ek benodig 'n nuwe dampkop (verhitter).
Hierdie woerspoel is gaar.

@KZOR See what I mean? Sounds really strange! And if someone told me that they were going to buy a new dampstel I wouldn't have a clue what they were talking about! Lost in translation ...

Ek het 'n nuwe dampstel gekoop?
Hierdie e-sousie is teenaan.
Ek benodig 'n nuwe dampkop (verhitter).
Hierdie woerspoel is gaar.

@KZOR Jou woerspoel is gaar? Jolly good ... we'll pour some lekker sous on it. Bon Appetit

Me being afrikaans and it being 2019, we tend to use alot of mixed slang or should i say english words in afrikaans. I know its probably not the right way but o well..

So the following i personaly say and use the english words:

Die "vape" is mooi
Het jy jou "mod" op charge gesit?
Watse "juice" vape jy daar?
Dis n baie mooi "driptip" daai!

How would one say,
"I bought a new mod"? Ek het n nuwe vape/mod gekoop
"This juice is really good"? Die juice is baie lekker
"I need/want a new atty"? Ek kort n nuwe tank
"This coil is finished"? My coil het gek@k, ek moet rewick....lol

That's about how my conversation progressed @StompieZA. And it doesn't matter that you use English & Afrikaans together. Some purists think that English shouldn't be tainted with other languages which is really funny, because English is a hybrid of other languages!

So ... say what you want to say. Finished en klaar!

Hope this helps lol

On my home planet we would say:
"mod chu' vIje'"?
"vIychorgh qar QaQ"?
"nIS ghap atty chu' vIneH"?
"rIn coil"?

Hope this helps.

Regards

You made a small mistake @Raindance. "coil" should be coIl" Don't you remember your spelling lessons? Always capitalise the I.

I see no need to try to name mod gear/stuff in Afrikaans. Mixing languages nowadays is nothing new and even if I did an Afrikaans review I'd still call it a "mod" and "e-juice". It's like these Afrikaans singers saying "Ek gaan my CD (saying the letters in Afrikaans) vrystel". That is still an English abbreviation and if they really want to do it in Afrikaans, they should say "Ek gaan my KS vrystel" which would sound stupid. KS is the Afrikaans abbreviation for "kompak skyf". To me it sounds so stupid to do that. Call a CD a CD even in Afrikaans and get it over with. No harm will be done.

//rant over

where did I put my coffee?
I took it @zadiac. I need it for a review.

Hierdie coil is gedaan.

@Andre I would think the person is referring to a pipe if they said "pypie". I'm not surprised that your coil is gedaan, after all that lekker sous.

vape
mod
juice
driptip

How would one say,
"I bought a new mod"?
"This coil is finished"?
my apperaat is in sy moer in. ek kort n nuwe een
die sous is lekker
ek kort n nuwe skoorsteen
my gloei draad is ge breek

Back