Vape Lingo

Oops keep pressing the wrong buttons when scrolling. Sorry

PENIS, or Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhaling System. Now that you know, go forth and make this a thing!

PDF opens fine. Thanks for the post.

Maybe a stupid question but what is this sub ohm I read about.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Maybe a stupid question but what is this sub ohm I read about.

Vaping on a coil which has the resistance of less than 1.0 ohm.

Example, a .5 ohm prebuilt coil, or .6 ohm CCell or a.21 ohm clapton coil

Thank you. Then my next question would be what's the difference. What effect does less ohms have on vaping.

What effect does less ohms have on vaping.

I am going to answer a part of the question. Do not know enough myself yet. But when the advanced vapers are using a mechanical mod, where there is no "clever" circuitry to manage the power (watts) delivered to the coils. The resistance (ohms) of the coils determine the power. (Ohms law) More power, more clouds, higher juice consumption etc...

But it also affects the time it takes to warm up the coil. etc. But I will let more knowledgeable people answer it in full.

I am going to answer a part of the question. Do not know enough myself yet. But when the advanced vapers are using a mechanical mod, where there is no "clever" circuitry to manage the power (watts) delivered to the coils. The resistance (ohms) of the coils determine the power. (Ohms law) More power, more clouds, higher juice consumption etc...

But it also affects the time it takes to warm up the coil. etc. But I will let more knowledgeable people answer it in full.

I don't think you need those people ....
Source : Electrician and vaper

Thank you. Then my next question would be what's the difference. What effect does less ohms have on vaping.

Hi @Franky3
You are asking a great question

Generally speaking, the lower the coil resitance, the more powerful the vape and the more vapour is produced.

As @Anneries said, for mechanical devices with no clever circuitry, you control the power with the resistance of the coil. The lower the resistance the more power and the more vapour.

With regulated devices you can dial in whatever power you want - within a range of power most suited for the coil.

The lower resistances are typically suited to more power. They are typically built with thicker wire and need more power to make them shine. And the reverse for higher resistances. They usually use thinner wires and are better suited to lower power.

Wow this PDF didn't age too well in some aspects haha
I think all vapes nowadays fall under APV as VW and VV are basically standard.
Missing RDA, RTA, Squonk, AIO, Pod etc etc maybe I'll take some time to add and update this a bit

Back