Vape "Vicks Vapor rub" for Flu/cold

Viracocha

Steamtrain
LV

Awards
So I came done with this flu/cold that left me with a bad cough and wheezing chest. I read somewhere in the forum that a clean menthol mix works, but never been a menthol fan so none of that in my DIY arsenal. So I remembered the old remedy, some Vicks vapor rub in a basin with hot water, towl over your head and breath this for a while. That got me thinking; last night I mixed a quarter teaspoon of Vicks vapor rub in 10ml of PG, didn't dissolve, so put the mixing cup in some boiling water and then stirred, this worked. I let it cool down, a little bit of petroleum jelly drifted on top, scrapped that of and vaped the vicks. WOW, it really worked fantastic, and the menthol is so smooth, filled and emptied 2 moonshot 22mm, the last one just before I went to bed. This really works. I also put 2 drops with my one tank of tobacco DIY mix and this is awesome, Craven A never where my thing, but this is going to find a place in my stock to vape. Hope this help some of you guys with a cold or a flu, love to get some feedback.:ambulance:

I would not attempt that at all. Vaping petroleum jelly cannot be good for lungs. There is a big difference between breathing in steam and vopourising that stuff.

I wouldn't do it.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Also gave this some thought and would definitely advise against it, we do not know what chemical/molecular changes occur when this is heated at that temperature.

Inhaling it over a bowl and vaping it are two very different things, would definitely not recommend that anyone try this.

sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. you may have got off lucky this time but i would definitely advise against vaping that again

Do yourself a favor and google "petroleum jelly lipoid pnuemonia". Thoughts are that inhaling (Not even vaping mind you, inhaling) petroleum jelly for extended periods can cause a type of pnuemonia. Surely vaping it can only cause the problem to be exponentially worse.

Hell even if there is a chance that it doesn't, I know what side of the fence i would rather err on.

So I came done with this flu/cold that left me with a bad cough and wheezing chest. I read somewhere in the forum that a clean menthol mix works, but never been a menthol fan so none of that in my DIY arsenal. So I remembered the old remedy, some Vicks vapor rub in a basin with hot water, towl over your head and breath this for a while. That got me thinking; last night I mixed a quarter teaspoon of Vicks vapor rub in 10ml of PG, didn't dissolve, so put the mixing cup in some boiling water and then stirred, this worked. I let it cool down, a little bit of petroleum jelly drifted on top, scrapped that of and vaped the vicks. WOW, it really worked fantastic, and the menthol is so smooth, filled and emptied 2 moonshot 22mm, the last one just before I went to bed. This really works. I also put 2 drops with my one tank of tobacco DIY mix and this is awesome, Craven A never where my thing, but this is going to find a place in my stock to vape. Hope this help some of you guys with a cold or a flu, love to get some feedback.:ambulance:

I've read somewhere that Inawera has a Eucalyptus flavour which is save for vaping. I however haven't tried it yet and dont know who stock it.
Depending on strenth I would start on something like:
Inawera Eucalyptus 2%
Menthol 2%
TFA Koolada 1%
This might create a nice Safe Vicks Vapour vape

Some of the ingredients:

According to OTCRx4U.com, the product's inactive ingredients list includes the following: carbomer 954, cedarleaf oil, cetyl alcohol, cetyl palmitate cyclomethicone copolyol and dimethicone copolyol. It also contains dimethicone, EDTA, glycerin, imidazolidinyl urea and isopropyl palmitate. Additional inactive ingredietns are methylparaben, nutmeg oil, PEG-100 stearate and propylparaben. Finally, it contains purified water, sodium hydroxide, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol and thymol, as well as titanium dioxide and turpentine oil,

*facepalm*

Honestly as an adult that was a pretty stupid decision to vape that. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Ye get it thanx, smoked over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins including tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT, like most of you did too as adults, so chill out, I'm fine.
Would suggest the mods to start a new thread "stupid things to vape" and move my thread there.:tiburon:

This Gave me an Idea! I have a post flu cough that I just cant get rid of and definitely need to shake it before Vapecon. Mixing some of this with 40 VG and 30 PG. :facepalm:

Amaskorokorro!! :--P
AHI44.png

This Gave me an Idea! I have a post flu cough that I just cant get rid of and definitely need to shake it before Vapecon. Mixing some of this with 40 VG and 30 PG. :facepalm:

Amaskorokorro!! :--P
AHI44.png
Hehe, Borstol is horrible. I would rather go to hospital than vape that. At least Vicks smells good.
And not to worry @Viracocha, to err is human.... Btw, Villiersdorp is awesome, almost on par with Koringberg!

I'm same boat as OP, got bad sinus with nasal drip been coughing my lungs out and muscles paining like with the flu. Didn't go to work just took a boatload of meds & slept most of today. Awake now & was craving a vape but all my mixes brings on coughing fits, so I dug up every single one of my minty flavors and adapted this mix a half hour ago..

ddf115a07982f8c361f3f5f84e469289.jpg

Left out the VG in the end making it a max PG and this I can vape without coughing. Kinda soothing on the throat actually..

PS. TPA/FW not accurate I just picked anything to get the %'s

Try some menthol Crystals

A wtf moment.Next time use some VM xxx or if you diy, I'm sure some one will help you out with a fresh recipe.

Yeah I got proper nailed by the flu a few weeks back.

I don't get sick, but this put me in my bed for four days. The only thing I managed to vape was VM Tropical Ice, and it worked beautifully. Every time my sinuses got bunged up this did the trick. It would still encourage my cough, but it gave me my nicotine and helped keep the passages clear, definitley the way forward for flu-vaping!

Back