Vapecon 2016 - Suggestions and great ideas

Oh okay, so there won't be "***** drippers" there for the vapers without drippers that want to sample? I will definitely be taking the tsunami, but what about the poor blokes without drippers? I thought there would be drippers at everyone's disposal, so when you have sampled, the drip tip gets chucked in a bowl with disinfectant and one from the "d-germ" bowl for the new oak.

There may be vendors that do that... but always best to take you own dripper with. But some of the vendors may have the drip tip covers or tanks you can use your own drip tip on.

Oh okay, so there won't be "***** drippers" there for the vapers without drippers that want to sample? I will definitely be taking the tsunami, but what about the poor blokes without drippers? I thought there would be drippers at everyone's disposal, so when you have sampled, the drip tip gets chucked in a bowl with disinfectant and one from the "d-germ" bowl for the new oak.
I agree there will be many noobs attending too and doubt they will carry drippers. I think either use disposable drip tips or your own drip tips for juice bar?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The pif box is a great idea @blujeenz. I would also chuck a few things in there. My suggestions/points to ponder on this idea:

1. Obviously you can't just leave it there for pickers and choosers (you will get people that will take advantage of generosity)
2. Someone will have to sit with all the gear after vapecon and check if they are working, etc. (this will be hard work if 100 mods and 200 tanks end up in the bin)
3. I myself have a twisted messes I want to pif, but I've poached all the spares and they've since disappeared into an array of other drippers. So will the person checking them have to do stock take on the spares and then add or replace them? So is my pif a viable pif then?

an example of how to answer your questions (a of bit high level idea at the moment)

1 - have a box that's got a drop hole into it. fill the box with packaging pebbles so that it doesn't get damaged as you drop it down (periodically emptied and kept safely away )
2 - throw all of the tanks, drippers and give it a bath in the ultrasonic. then build and assemble each one to test and then another wash back in the ultrasonic (i usually then create parcels depending on what can be matched and to make sure the correct "gift" gets given to the right person according to their requirements) its not that hard work for me considering im 99,9% in build mode, lol
3 - your pif is viable if its currently working. usually i will find some "alternate spares" and bundle it with some wire and wick and then keep it aside in the "intermediate user" pif box until i can find it a good home :)

an example of how to answer your questions (a of bit high level idea at the moment)

1 - have a box that's got a drop hole into it. fill the box with packaging pebbles so that it doesn't get damaged as you drop it down (periodically emptied and kept safely away )
2 - throw all of the tanks, drippers and give it a bath in the ultrasonic. then build and assemble each one to test and then another wash back in the ultrasonic (i usually then create parcels depending on what can be matched and to make sure the correct "gift" gets given to the right person according to their requirements) its not that hard work for me considering im 99,9% in build mode, lol
3 - your pif is viable if its currently working. usually i will find some "alternate spares" and bundle it with some wire and wick and then keep it aside in the "intermediate user" pif box until i can find it a good home :)
Give that man a bells. @shaunnadan do you perhaps have any mods in your pif box really looking for something for the wife?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks shaunie. If that's gonna be the case I'll bring the stuff I want to give away

Just had an idea.

What about printing a board or something saying "Vaping helped me quit smoking" and everyone that goes through the gates, gets to sign it?

I can be at the entrance or something?

As a giveaway at the entrance, you should get a "very cheap" drip tip to carry round ?
In the HUGE goodie bags we are getting :aaaaa:
My 5c

Last edited:
Is there a plan for power? like to charge batteries and such?

Might be cool if vendors picked up some power banks, and did a bundle deal of say a nitecore UM20 + a powerbank?

Or if they charged some of their in stock batteries before the event? that way we can buy charged cells

I think the bundle idea is better, since then the vendors only need to charge the power banks, which isn't such a big deal as having unsold charged naked 18650's

Is there a plan for power? like to charge batteries and such?

Might be cool if vendors picked up some power banks, and did a bundle deal of say a nitecore UM20 + a powerbank?

Or if they charged some of their in stock batteries before the event? that way we can buy charged cells

I think the bundle idea is better, since then the vendors only need to charge the power banks, which isn't such a big deal as having unsold charged naked 18650's

Hi @n0ugh7_zw

I am not sure about the power banks and pre-charged batteries from vendors. Best you check with them directly in their respective subforums or in the "Who has stock". Feel free to open a thread on that topic there.

Regarding charging batteries and having power, there will be power at the venue. Every vendor will have power at their stand ;-) And I am sure many are bound to have chargers there. So I think it won't be a problem to ask one of your favourite vendors if you can charge something up at them... But better to check beforehand in case.

All that said, I do think it is best if you bring fully charged batteries to the event to last you a day. Leaving batteries at a stand's charger while you run off somewhere else could lead to problems on the day... batteries could go missing and I suppose vendors cannot be responsible for keeping an eye on everyone's batteries while they are busy manning stands inundated with enthusiastic vapers... you know how it goes...

Hi @n0ugh7_zw

I am not sure about the power banks and pre-charged batteries from vendors. Best you check with them directly in their respective subforums or in the "Who has stock". Feel free to open a thread on that topic there.

Regarding charging batteries and having power, there will be power at the venue. Every vendor will have power at their stand ;-) And I am sure many are bound to have chargers there. So I think it won't be a problem to ask one of your favourite vendors if you can charge something up at them... But better to check beforehand in case.

All that said, I do think it is best if you bring fully charged batteries to the event to last you a day. Leaving batteries at a stand's charger while you run off somewhere else could lead to problems on the day... batteries could go missing and I suppose vendors cannot be responsible for keeping an eye on everyone's batteries while they are busy manning stands inundated with enthusiastic vapers... you know how it goes...

Agreed

I agree. I will charge 4 batteries to make sure I can fire up my new mod on the spot. :D

Will there be water stations of some sort? Im sure with all the vaping, there will be many parched throats....
Also, will all vendors have equipment available for testing juices? Hope no vendors intend to say that customers can only sample juices on their own drippers.

I just thought of a great idea.
Stop the cloud competition half-way and when everyone is paying attention announce a minute of silence for all those that could not attend.
Those loyal few that are going to keep the forums alive while you animals add another layer of fog to the already six existing layers over
the city. Those that have decided that family-time is more important than atty-time.

Damn .......wish I could go. :)

Will there be water stations of some sort? Im sure with all the vaping, there will be many parched throats....
Also, will all vendors have equipment available for testing juices? Hope no vendors intend to say that customers can only sample juices on their own drippers.

Hi @Kaizer - there are several toilets in the venue and the taps will hopefully be full ;-)
In addition, there will be a drinks vendor and there will be ample drinks there to keep our thirst away - bottled water included.

Regarding juice sampling at the vendors - I am not entirely sure about that. It's up to each vendor. I hope that there will be sample devices at the vendors - but perhaps you could start a thread in the "Who has stock" and get the enthusiasm going there... feel free to do that by all means...

I'm planning on have at least 8 batteries fully charged the night before !

Because i'm flying and stuff, i'm only coming down with like 4 or 6 batteries. so will need to buy a bunch at vapecon, but i'll bring a UM20 and a power bank, so I can charge on the move.

BRAIN WAVE !!!!

i thin we should have some small containers scattered around each table, throw your little bits in there and it can be emptied into the big bins :)

@shaunnadan I belatedly read through this thread and came across your post... I have quite a few of these containers just lying around unused that I will happily donate to Vapecon. In fact I believe we all have them just can’t recall what they were called..tray something or other. Oh yes I got it...Ashtrays:angel:

Back