VapeCon 2016 - The Official Photo Thread!

I didn't manage to get many shots of the vendor stands. We will have to wait for the pro photos.

But here is Vape Club which was busy the whole day. @JakesSA making most use of the floor space in his large stand.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472388517.186048.jpg

All the stands were busy during most of the day. Some were chaotic but it was a great vibe to see them all together just a stones throw away from each other.

This is what I have wanted to do for quite some time...

The before photo: (empty)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1471846483-143369-jpg.64478

After: (packed and electric)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472388829.457677.jpg

The above two photos were taken roughly from the same vantage point. About a week apart. In the after picture, that's the big screen on the one side of the stage (there was one on each side). In the centre you can see the ECIGSSA/VapeCon Marquee. The stand at the bottom foreground is Mr Hardwicks. Loved the vintage look and feel @method1.

Last edited:
The stage at Heartfelt is lovely. Enough space and raised so it's visible from almost everywhere.

The stage backdrop wall served superbly as a cloud ruler for the cloud competition. And the logos of the advertisers came out beautifully. So too the logos above the stage. The top level banner walls were epic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472389686.227855.jpg

This was the view of the stage from the sound box on the opposite side

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472389837.223746.jpg

Last edited:
The judges for one of the competitions

Members of the Admin and Mod Team very ably assisted by @PeterHarris

From right to left was @Rowan Francis , @Alex concentrating and @PeterHarris in a classic pose. Then it's @zadiac (hidden) followed by the man standing on the left of the table, who organised and co-ordinated - @shaunnadan.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472392758.311382.jpg

Last edited:
I saw and had to take a photo of this "serious" mod that belonged to none other than @Yusuf Cape Vaper.

He joined us for VapeCon all the way from Cape Town. Was great to see you Yusuf!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472393051.141349.jpg

I was so surprised when I discovered a few hours later that @Yusuf Cape Vaper had won the 1st place prize in the Cloud Chasing Competition!!!! I did not see the final stages of the cloud blowing - I think I was sorting out some issues on the other side of the arena

This makes @Yusuf Cape Vaper SA's champion cloud blower!
Here is Yusuf coming up on stage to receive his awesome prize.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472393312.346834.jpg

The prizes donated by the vendors were amazing. It demonstrates that we have such an awesome, generous group of local vendors that are committed to the community. You all rock big time !

Last edited:
I had the best of intentions to take pics on VapeCon day... but I didn't even get a chance to buy anything let alone take any pics... so here are some before shots...

Testing the cloud blowing setup!
VapeCon 006.JPG VapeCon 043.JPG VapeCon 044.JPG

Hi Ho @Silver in control!
VapeCon 048.JPG VapeCon 050.JPG VapeCon 051.JPG VapeCon 052.JPG VapeCon 060.JPG

Such awesome pictures here! Thanks for sharing them with us guys!

Thanks for sharing those pics @Rob Fisher and thanks to @Drew M
They are fabulous
Loved all the trick shots - wow, some of those were amazing!
And loved the pics of the stands
Dont know how they got a clear one of @KieranD - his stand was so packed throughout the day - lol

An awesome event, Liqua & Hats had a terrific time - thanks to all who were involved. :)

Liqua Wing Flag Banner Vapecon 2016.jpg Build Day Group Photo Vapecon 2016.JPG Vapecon Liqua Hats Stand .JPG Build Day Vapecon 2016.jpg Hats Wing Flag Banner Vapecon 2016 2.jpg Ivor & Promo Girl Vapecon.jpg Liqua Hats Vendor Stand Vapecon 2016.jpg Liqua Qube Promo Girl Cloud.jpg Liqua Girl with Qube.jpg Liqua Hanging Banner.JPG Build Day Group Photo.JPG Liqua Promo Girl & Qube Display.jpg 20160827_085420.jpg 20160827_171731.jpg Customers @Liqua Hats Stand.jpg Liqua Promo Girl 1.jpg Selling at Vapecon2016.JPG

Attachments

• Vapecon 2016 clouded in vape.jpg
    Vapecon 2016 clouded in vape.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Customers at Liqua Hats Stand.JPG
    Customers at Liqua Hats Stand.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 38
Back