Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA Reviews

Why do you want the rods up? It will not wick any faster and will limit cotton space
For the same reason you’re not allowing your cotton to touch the base of the tank on a floating deck… the physics of it is unknown to me but it works!

Last edited:
For the same reason you’re not allowing your cotton to touch the base of the tank on a floating deck… the physics if it is unknown to me but it works!
I would like to have a chat with the bastard that invented physics!

Thanks guys
I will try with more cotton
Will see what I can do about the rods

I tried to rewick with quite a bit more cotton on the base

am happy to report that I’m getting better flavour. Seems like it’s wicking better

so thanks to all who gave advice, I wouldn’t have thought to do this!

still early days, let me vape a few tankfuls and see but so far so good :headbang:

I agree with @munro on the cotton. The more, the better. When I lift the rods they stay up there @Silver. Maybe try with the other set of rods you have in the box?
I agree the rods will catch on the openings and stay lifted you just need to be careful while doing the build but once e-liquid is added the thickness of the juice suspends them in place and job done.

I explain it in more detail in the Replenishing section @Silver: But also remember this is an old review done when first released so many people have had a lot of experience using it since so have found their own ways of wicking etc, i didn't have this luxury of input!

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/vapefly-brunhilde-mtl-rta-5ml-2ml.t63463/

Thanks @Timwis

I asked you a further question now on that review thread

but will ask it here as well

I’m not sure of what the best method is to lift the rods?

Thanks @Timwis

I asked you a further question now on that review thread

but will ask it here as well

I’m not sure of what the best method is to lift the rods?
I found if i lifted them they will catch on the channel opening but if disturbed can drop back down so lift before wicking and just be careful, once tank is filled they won't drop at least that has been my experience, think @Grand Guru uses his more often and more recently so he might have more useful input!

I just lift mine up before wicking and they stay in place. I’m thinking you can maybe try a small o-ring on the top end of the rod may also prevent it from falling down

@Silver today I tried the Brunhilde without the rods. Like a normal RDTA. I just cut the wicks a bit longer and passed them through the wicking ports. No dry hits and no juice leakages whatsoever!

Second, it has sprung a bit of a leak once or twice. Just keeping it upright, which is strange

Only just spotted this, strange indeed! Haven't used it for a while but never noticed any leaking whatsoever, something sounds wrong somewhere!

@Silver today I tried the Brunhilde without the rods. Like a normal RDTA. I just cut the wicks a bit longer and passed them through the wicking ports. No dry hits and no juice leakages whatsoever!
I reckon all the RDTA's with steel rope rods will work well with cotton, the Artemis RDTA V1.5 I just reviewed I believe is the exact same tank as the original just minus the rods!

thanks @Grand Guru , will keep that in mind
How far down into the tank did your cotton go?

have been experiencing much better performance since I wicked it with more wick going onto the decks
So not having problems with dry hits or the like on the Brunhilde since I did this
Still using the metal rods

Back