Vapefly Core RTA

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Core RTA from Vapefly. The Core RTA was sent for the purpose of this review by Flora from Vapefly.

http://www.vapefly.net/core-rta/

Introduction

I have in recent times reviewed the 3 Galaxies tanks, the RDA, RTA and BF RDTA (which i found to be a bit special) and all were top efforts. We see something a bit different from Vapefly with the Core RTA, it's essentially a cloud chucker but to keep what Vapefly are getting well known for a cloud chucker with an interesting airflow configuration so it doesn't lack in flavour. The Core RTA is a collaboration between Vapefly and the German 103 Team, so i will get on and give my thoughts.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Core RTA
1 x 510 drip tip adapter
1 x 4ml bubble glass replacement
1 x T-piece tool
2 x Firebolt cotton
Deck blocker
Spare parts
Manual

Aesthetics

The Core RTA comes in cardboard packaging, as well as the Core RTA with pre-installed 2ml straight glass and 810 drip tip you also receive a 4ml bubble glass, 510 adaptor, loads of spare o-rings, spare grub screws and clamps, a T-piece tool and 2 pieces of Firebolt cotton but no coils? I received the Stainless Steel version, it's also available in Gold, Rainbow and Black. The top-cap is tapered inwards towards the drip tip so only has a thin section to grip, i do like the shape this produces and the knurling is well machined. The frosted 810 is wide bore and the o-rings are fitted inside the top-cap so your own 810's will fit you also can fit the 510 adaptor if you wish. The airflow control ring is dual cyclops and moves with ease but once fitted to a device i found it didn't move on it's own but did make adjusting airflow very easy. The ring also has a nice engraved design which includes the word "CORE". The air chamber has a circuit board design which is a stand out aesthetically i find it to be a nice looking RTA. The base as etched branding and safety stamps, the Gold plated 510 protrudes nicely.

Core Specs and Features:

Design: German 103 Team
Diameter: 25.2mm
Height: 46.4mm
Material: 304 Stainless
Drip: 810/510 (with adapter)
Drip Material: PMMA
Capacity: 2ml(a 4ml extra bubble glass included)
Coil Type: Single/Dual
Innovative "Q" airflow system
Adjustable bottom airflow system
Thread: 510
Colour: Stainless Steel, Gold, Rainbow, Black

Assembling and Disassembling

The Tank separates into it's various parts very easily and the glass wiggles free with no dramas (the pre-installed straight glass is 2ml capacity, if you change to the spare bubble glass in makes the capacity 4ml). I like the shape of the top-cap but i did wonder if it would be a pain when trying to grip because of it's narrow edge but i found it easy with the knurling giving great grip, not sure if people with bigger fingers might not find it so easy but for me it's fine. The parts are 810 wide bore drip tip, air chamber (with juice ports ring), deck (with air control ring) and glass. When you remove the top-cap it reveals 2 generous size fill ports and unscrewing and screwing the top-cap back into place is pretty much just one turn but it's very secure.

Airflow Configuration

The airflow configuration looks unique to me, i haven't come across quite this design before. The air goes in through the dual cyclops as normal and underneath the deck, the deck as 2 curved grills with 8 holes in each to give bottom airflow to the coils. We then have a a airflow post in the centre of the deck which is between the build posts, the rest of the air goes up into this. The post has 3 holes both sides to give air to the inner sides of the coils and the face of the post both sides is also curved. The airflow bottom grills and centre posts are curved to the contour of your coil wrapping air completely around them. This complete air coverage and the fact the deck is both raised up and has the posts plus air post across the central diameter of the deck which reduces the air chamber should encourage bags of flavour. The air hitting the inner sides of the coils will keep the e-liquid cooler allowing the Core to be vaped at higher wattage with plenty of clouds.

The Deck and Build

I have already described the airflow on the deck, the posts have clamps which lift up as you loosen the flat head screws and the post holes are very generous, the coils are sharing posts put there is plenty of room in the holes. The deck is lifted up to accommodate the airflow configuration so when wicking it's almost a GTA style deck. This isn't a deck i would want to build on if i was new to building but if you cut your legs to size before fixing in place it makes it much easier. The curved airflow sections guide you to where exactly the coils should be lined up as the curves as mentioned follow the contours of the coils so once your legs are fitted just manipulate them in position if they are not quite right. Wicking is easy just don't over stuff the shared wells just have cotton dangling into them but don't push the cotton all the way down else it won't wick efficiently. There is a blocker included to block one side of the deck off so you can do a single build but personally i like single build tanks and dual build tanks i'm not into doing a single build in a dual build tank so i gave this option a miss.

My Experience Using the Core

Vapefly do it again, a cracking RTA. Normally by the time i'm writing a review the product i am reviewing as been packed away 3 or 4 days ago as i'm constantly testing tanks and mods but the Core is still sitting on top of one of the devices i am testing in fact i'm using it has i write this review. Indoors i am vaping at 80w because my smoke alarm kept going off but outdoors 100w and what a lovely smooth vape with flavour to spare plus silly clouds. I would not normally feel comfortable vaping at 100w (far too hot) as i tend to be between 30w and 50w by choice but i'm finding the Core warm but not hot. The airflow is slightly restrictive but very smooth it's quite a quiet tank. Cloud chasers, flavour chasers, with the Core you get both.

Nice looking
Top-cap removes and secures back quickly
Top-fill
Excellent airflow configuration
Easy to wick
Excellent flavour
Huge Clouds
Plenty of spares
Airflow can be adjusted with ease
Dual or Single build (even though personally wouldn't use it with a single build but the options there)
Very smooth airflow

Dislikes

Thirsty, not the biggest capacity so needs filling often
Build i didn't find the easiest.
No coils included

I would once again like to thank Flora from Vapefly for supplying the Core RTA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vapefly.net/core-rta/

Last edited:
love the design on the tank, that circuit board look

Back