Vaping in Mauritius

brianb3

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi
can any one tell me if i can vape in Mauritius and can i buy juice once i am there?
I am also unclear if i can bring my wismec due to the batteries any advice would be a great help

thank you

regards

Brian

Hi
can any one tell me if i can vape in Mauritius and can i buy juice once i am there?
I am also unclear if i can bring my wismec due to the batteries any advice would be a great help

thank you

regards

Brian

You can take your stuff there (gear) but you wont be able to buy fokol there.

Jup thats correct you cannot legally purchase any vaping equipment or e juice in Mauritius . i have seen and sampled some items purchased "back door" in Maritius .. it was cheap nasty chineese junk branded Hotcig, probably fake ... the tank leaked continously even when filled with good local SA juice, the blackmarket Mauritius e juice was also made in china was as thin as water was apparently a cherry flavor but tasted like glue.. yuk.....no troubles taking your own hardware and juices over.. jus remove the batteries and have them stored safely in a battery box that u can buy from most vape shops and you should be ok....

Jup thats correct you cannot legally purchase any vaping equipment or e juice in Mauritius . i have seen and sampled some items purchased "back door" in Maritius .. it was cheap nasty chineese junk branded Hotcig, probably fake ... the tank leaked continously even when filled with good local SA juice, the blackmarket Mauritius e juice was also made in china was as thin as water was apparently a cherry flavor but tasted like glue.. yuk.....no troubles taking your own hardware and juices over.. jus remove the batteries and have them stored safely in a battery box that u can buy from most vape shops and you should be ok....
Hi Thanks for the info. think i will leave my battery mods and just bring my istick that has a built in battery i will top up on juice and put in my checked bags. there is no restrictions on vaping in public ate there?
sorry for all the questions. i have only been vaping for 3 months after a 30 year 40 a day stinky habbit

Chukin'Vape I've combed the Internet and all that I found (and it's not dated) was that one is allowed "250g of smoking tobacco products" (nothing said about vaping), but "all water pipe tobacco products" are prohibited.I I guess they're referring to shisha.
http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/MU-Mauritius-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm

However, "1 sporting fire-arm with max. 50 cartridges if it will be re-exported" is allowed!! I think people need to get their priorities straight!

I found a forumite who lives (lived?) in Mauritius and I've posted to him, but I don't know if he's still on the forum.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/hello-from-mauritius.t5835/

@Chukin'Vape I've found something else:

https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2014/08/travelling-ecigarettes.html#legality

Dated 18 August (year not stated)
“Mauritius – Legal for Use, though forum users on e-Cig SA forums note that you’ll have a really hard time buying any sort of vaping supplies in Mauritius and will likely have to import or bring along in your luggage.”

HOWEVER, I would take that with a pinch of salt, because of what they say of South Africa:
“South Africa – E-Cigarettes are legal, although cartridges and liquids containing nicotine are not. Despite this, e-liquid is widely (but illegally!) sold.”!! Say what????

Back