Vaping in shopping malls and restaurants

When I still smoked and just HAD to get my fix right now, I would go outside to smoke. I did it partly because I knew it stinks to others and partly because it's not allowed or illegal in public indoor spots. Surely as a vaper I can still do the same.

It might be vapour, and it might be safer than smoke to passively inhale, but to be honest, not all of our vapes smell like fairy farts.
They might taste like heaven to the person vaping it, but some of the flavours actually smell pretty damn disgusting to others when you exhale. If you do blow a huge cloud of this indoors, it will also tend to hang around like one of those silent, deadly, claustrophobic farts, and it likely has the same unpleasant effect on other people that smell it.

There is a time and place for everything, and in general I treat others with respect, so I'll do the right thing and just wait till I get to a spot where I can have a puff without being labeled a Vapehole.
I'm not doing it just for myself. I'm doing it so that others will not label YOU as an inconsiderate idiot purely 'by association'. Please show some common courtesy and think about me as well before you fog up a public place. If you absolutely HAVE to vape, just practice your ninja skills and use some stealth. I'm sure we can all do our little part to try and portray vaping in a more positive light.

The funny thing is, now that I vape, my nicotine cravings are much less intense, so I no longer NEED to vape. Unless we're in the middle of the too manyith shop at the BEGINNING of a shopping 'spree' in which case I NEED to escape and going outside to vape is a convenient excuse.

Last year i had a customer vaping in oir shop. I ran in the shop thinking something caught fire. Then laughed at myself. To be honest i think it's not good since we have people who think that something that gives smoke or clouds is bad. I rather vape in the car or at am open area where people smoke just to be considerate of our elders. But it goes with a person.

The funny thing is, now that I vape, my nicotine cravings are much less intense, so I no longer NEED to vape. Unless we're in the middle of the too manyith shop at the BEGINNING of a shopping 'spree' in which case I NEED to escape and going outside to vape is a convenient excuse.

Yup, the nic craving is definitely far less intense these days.
Unfortunately when I accompany wifey to the shops, I get out the car and start looking like a steam train approaching a tunnel on my run-up to the entrance.
She always scolds at me and asks 'Do you absolutely HAVE to do that every time ?'. I guess I'll never learn ;)

Yup, the nic craving is definitely far less intense these days.
Unfortunately when I accompany wifey to the shops, I get out the car and start looking like a steam train approaching a tunnel on my run-up to the entrance.
She always scolds at me and asks 'Do you absolutely HAVE to do that every time ?'. I guess I'll never learn ;)
LMFAO that's how i feel when o vape while walking Like a Steam Engine

Consideration & courtesy for others is a lost art for many, both in the vaping community and outside it. Those who are a-holes will always be a-holes, no matter what they do.

There are 2 malls in Jhb that have vaping kiosks - not shops. The etiquette that the kiosk workers adhere to is that they vape, but they don't blow huge clouds. I have never seen a customer break that etiquette either, although there is a lot of vaping going on. Strangely enough, I have never seen anyone vape in these malls either, except at the vape counters.

I believe this behaviour goes a long way to promote vaping and encourages a more positive attitude to vaping and the vaping community. We should keep it polite and be considerate to others wherever we go. This will go a long way to greater acceptance fro the non-vaping community.

Back