Vaporesso Luxe 220W Touch Screen TC Kit with SKRR

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Luxe 220W Touch Screen TC Kit with SKRR from Vaporesso. The Luxe 220W Touch Screen TC Kit with SKRR was supplied for the purpose of this review by Jessica from Vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/luxe-vape-kits

In The Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1 x Luxe MOD
1 x SKRR Tank (8ml)
1 x QF Strips Coil 0.18ohm (Pre-installed)
1 x QF Meshed Coil 0.18ohm
1 x SK CCELL Coil 0.5ohm
1 x Standard Drip Tip (Black)
1 x Replacement Glass Tube (5ml)
1 x Silicone Case
1 x O-Ring
1 x User Guide
1 x Warranty Card

TPD Edition

1 x Luxe MOD
1 x SKRR Tank (2ml)
1 x QF Strips Coil 0.18ohm (Pre-installed)
1 x QF Meshed Coil 0.18ohm
1 x SK CCELL Coil 0.5ohm
1 x Standard Drip Tip (Black)
1 x Silicone Case
1 x O-Ring
1 x User Guide
1 x Warranty Card

Introduction

The Luxe 220W Touch Screen TC Kit with SKRR Subohm tank is the latest high powered offering from Vaporesso. The Kit i received is not the finish item and a lot of what you get included in the kit was missing from mine but i knew this was the case in advanced. The Kit see's the introduction of the Skrr Subohm tank which Vaporesso are very excited about and the new GT coils that have been released along side the tank two of which you get included in the kit so i will focus more on the tank than normal in a kit review, so lets crack on.

Luxe 220W Touch Screen Specs and Features:

Dimension: 47.8 x 29.5 x 86mm
Display: 2.0-inch Color TFT
Battery: 2 x 18650 cells(not included)
Power Range: 5-220W
Resistance Range: 0.03-5ohm
Innovative OMINI board 4.0 chipset
2.0-inch massive touch screen display
0.001s instant firing speed
Touch Screen
Thread: 510
Colours: Rainbow, Silver, Red, Black, Bronze, Iris, Green Ape

Luxe Overview

Aesthetics of the Device

The Luxe looks like a marriage between the Polar and the Revenger and is one hell of a fingerprint magnet. The device has the usual main centre section with mirrored finish panels front and back. The front of the device has a 2.0" Colour screen and underneath we have virtual touch keys, the centre one being the select key and also the Vaporesso logo, we also have the micro USB port on the front central bottom. One side of the device is featureless, the other has a very large pill shaped fire button towards the top, the back of the device has a fixed mirrored finish panel. The base has generous venting, safety stamps and branding, moving to the top we have a centre 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The Luxe is the usual exceptional build quality i have come to expect from Vaporesso

The Display

The display on this device is identical to the Polar device, very colourful, nice graphics with many moving in real time as you vape, and very well set out. In fact the reason i have been told to concentrate on the Skrr tank is part because as the device is at the present moment it is a touch screen version of the Polar with just a couple of added features based around the virtual keys. The device if altered before release is still going to be the same device, their just could be more improvements (i would imagine just a latest firmware update).

Using The Luxe

The batteries are fitted by taking off the back panel with the help of a little notch on the bottom, the battery compartment is nice and tidy but yet again we have Black on Black orientation which really bugs me, the door snaps into place secured by 3 very strong magnets, there is absolutely no movement with the battery panel whatsoever. The Luxe is the standard 5 clicks of the fire bar to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, once on you're met by a a very large, bright and stylish screen. To enter the menu system is 3 quick presses of the lighted vaporesso logo which is your virtual select key, this brings up two screens of icons (packed with features) with all your various modes which are, Variable wattage hard, Variable wattage normal, Variable wattage soft, Custom wattage curve, SP (this option allows you the device to fire as low as 0.03ohm, i assume the device does), Variable voltage mode, Custom voltage curve, SS, Ni, Ti, M1, M2, Bypass and settings. When choosing any of the temperature control options it gives you the option of entering TCR value, setting wattage, setting curve and locking your resistance. Choosing settings brings up a list of options which are, Time (choose between digital or analogue clock), brightness (set the brightness of the display), puff counter (information and reset), Theme (change the colour of certain items on the display), Smart mode, Automatic (can't see what this does, had a look online and still non the wiser), Screen timeout, Key light (both virtual navigational keys light up as does the already described virtual select key, this option allows you to set the brightness they light), Vibrate (this allows you to set the strength of the vibrate when pressing the virtual keys), Hardware/software versions, default and exit. Their is also a combination key press, left and right keys together is a short cut to custom wattage curve, i really like this shortcut personally as i use curves. As you can see the device is packed with features yet the menu with the use of an added select button and being app style is very easy to navigate around.

SKRR Subohm Tank Specs and Features:

Size: 30mm(D) x 59.85mm(H)/27.8mm(D) x 59.85mm(H)
Capacity: 2ml(TPD Version)/ 8ml(Standard Version)
Coil: QF Meshed, QF Strips, QF CCELL Coils(compatible with GT Coils)
Quadflow air distribution system for warmer, richer, larger clouds
Airflow optimization and internal reservoir for leaking prevention
Bullet-shaped coil preventing spit back
Innovative QF Meshed, QF Strips and SK CCELL Coils
Widely compatible with GT coils
Flax fiber with cotton for longer lifespan & more consistent flavor
Screw-in drip tip design for child safety
Optional 8ml/2ml juice capacity
Sliding top filling and bottom airflow
Drip Tip: 810
Thread: 510
Colours: Silver, Black, Gold, Blue, Rainbow, Green, Champagne Gold, Red

Assembling and Disassembling

Apart from the Lock and top-fill system and the coils the Skrr is essentially a simple subohm tank and separates into it's various parts very easily. The Base is secured by the fitted coil screwing on to the chimney. Unscrew the base with coil then you can wiggle the glass free, the drip tip unscrews and although the top-cap doesn't unscrew to fill the tank it simply moves side-wards on a hinge it will unscrew for cleaning purposes. The tank goes back together with the same ease.

What's the buzz?

I have already described that the tank basically has the same usual parts as any other subohm tank but i have heard a bit of a buzz around the Skrr, so what's the story?
There are 3 differences with this tank, well one isn't really a difference as there are other high capacity tanks but still 8ml capacity with the standard edition is very impressive.
The second is the way the childproof locking on this tank as been done which won't be universally popular but many will like. The drip tip has threads on the bottom and screws into the sliding mechanism underneath the top-cap, this stops the sliding mechanism being able to move so is fully childproof. So to fill you first need to unscrew the drip tip then the top slides open as normal, once filled slide the top-cap back to close the tank then screw the drip tip back in. Really it needs to be seen that a manufacturer are trying to make a tank childproof but here probably knowing not everyone will like the childproof method used Vaporesso have been quite clever. Once the drip tip is unscrewed a standard 810 with o-rings will fit snuggly so now the tank will slide open with the drip-tip attached and it still shuts very securely and will not open by accident.
The third is all about the design of the new GT coils designed for the Skrr, they are as leakproof as can be for a bottom airflow tank and also recycles the liquid that would normally end up coming out the airflow slots and on to our devices.

The Coils

You receive 2 of the new coils with the kit, unfortunately you don't receive the new SK CCELL which uses SS wire. The specs for the new coils on the Vaporesso's website are different to those listed on vendors site's so unfortunately any specs on the pictures from Vaporesso's site differ from the specs i have used as the specs displayed on the coil heads themselves match vendors listings. You receive the QF strip coil which is pre-installed, it's 0.18ohm and has a rating between 60w and 90w, i switched the strip coil for the other supplied coil which is the QF mesh coil, also 0.18ohm with a rating of between 55w and 85w. The coils have a hollow cone fitted centrally inside them which is sealed around the bottom essentially creating a juice well. Normally with a stock coil head all that stands in the way between the tank of liquid and the hollow in the centre of the coil head which leads straight into the base and then your airflow slots is the wicking material and wire, mesh, etc hence leaking has always been an issue with bottom airflow tanks, in fact even tanks referred to as "they don't have a leaking issue" just means the leaking isn't that bad. This is quite a simple idea but very clever, instead of the surplus liquid caused by over saturation and changes in temperature going down into the base and eventually out the airflow slots it just gathers in the well around the bottom of the cone, when you vape as well as re-wicking from the normal wicking ports on the coil head it also wicks from this well essentially recycling the liquid we would normally end up getting on our devices. The vast majority of manufacturers if they had come up with this idea would be claiming it's a leakproof system so you have to hand it to Vaporesso that they refer to it has leak reduction. The reason why some liquid can still potentially go into the base is because you still have the air entering the coil head through the sides of the cone and another cause of liquid getting into the base is spitting, all coils will spit it's just with stock coils we don't notice because it spits from the sides of the coil head to the centre hollow of the coil so we don't feel the spitting on our lips. Although some spits will just hit the metal on the cone and work its way down to the already mentioned juice well some spits will go through the air openings on the cone and down into the base, but that's a hell of a lot of spitting you would need before liquid would escape through the airflow slots. Happy Days!

The Airflow

This will be a short section as the cone has already been explained. The Skrr has tri cyclops with stopper, the air when entering the tank instead of doing so through the hollow of your coil head, it enters the hollow of the already explained cone which is fixed into the hollow of your coil head. Halfway up this cone we have 4 cutouts all the same size evenly spaced around the cone which allows the air to enter the coil head, this is called the Quadflow air distribution system, which is claimed reduces leaking and spitback but also eliminates cold air intake giving a warmer richer flavour (not my words).

Silicone Sleeves

I didn't because as mentioned most of the extras were missing with it being a sample, but you receive a silicone cover for your glass to give it a different look. People will have their own opinion about them but there are many different silicone covers that can be bought separately including a couple of Halloween themed ones.

My Experience Using The Skrr

I juggle devices and tanks about so i have a few products i am testing simultaneously which i find better than just using something for a day then writing a review but the Skrr tank (mainly using with the Luxe) i have been using on and off for quite a bit longer than usual and the reason being i found the flavour of the mesh coil at 65w was better than the flavour i got from the freemax so i wanted to also test the longevity of the coil. I still can't give an answer as i needed to get the review written and the flavour is still bang on, very impressed.

Final Thoughts About the Luxe 220w

As instructed i haven't overly gone into too much detail about the device or it's performance as Vaporesso wanted me to talk more about the Skrr, it's important as always to point out i don't vape in temp control or have the equipment to get accurate data. I think it say's everything about the quality of Vaporesso products the fact they sent this kit and i have talked far more about the Luxe than Vaporesso wanted me to. Bizarre! they didn't really want me to talk about what is in my opinion the best device i have used in 2018.

Excellent build quality (mod and tank)
Aesthetically pleasing
App like easy to use menu system
Touch Screen
Virtual keys light up (brightness can be adjusted)
Virtual keys vibrate when activated (vibrate can be adjusted)
Variable voltage as well as wattage
Custom wattage curves
Custom voltage curves
Custom temperature curves
Temp control (not tested)
Large bright screen
Real time adjusting graphics
Fires Instantly
SP Mode
26mm tanks sit flush on top
28mm tanks overhang flat top but not device
Ergonomic
Good battery life
2.5A charging
Firmware upgradeable

Skrr
Virtually leakproof
Best flavour from mesh coil to date
Flavour lasts
Innovative
Childproof locking system
8ml capacity (standard edition)

Cons

Battery orientation Black on Black
Fingerprint magnet
Some won't like Childproof method used is screw in drip tip
No inclusion of SK CCELL

I would once again like to thank Jessica from Vaporesso for supplying the Luxe 220W Touch Screen TC Kit with SKRR for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporesso.com/luxe-vape-kits

Back