Vaporesso Target PM80 - Review

StompieZA

Reviewer, DIY Lover & Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
2020-03-23 08_22_41-Target PM80 » Vaporesso.jpg
Hey guys,

So yeah i have been a little quite with hardware reviews, been just so busy at work and have limited time to write and post at work but anyhow here is the latest review of the Vaporesso Target PM80 Mod Pod that was sent to me by Jessica @Vaporesso for purposes of review.

I have been using this device for the past two to 3 weeks and i am really enjoying every bit of it except some little things which we will go through in this review.

First off, Technical specifications and unboxing pictures.

upload_2020-3-23_10-33-11.png

Device dimensions

The PM80 is very similar in size to the Voopoo Vinci and Geekvape Boost and has a nice weight to it making it feel solid in your hand and not cheapish.
upload_2020-3-23_10-34-14.png

Exploded View
upload_2020-3-23_10-35-37.png

Whats included in the box?

In the box you receive 2 pods and two different resistance coils which i think is great. Most other pods usually only has one pod for the device. This PM80 comes with 2 making it easy to switch between two different juices or use the two different coils in each pod.

upload_2020-3-23_10-36-34.png

Onto the unboxing pictures

The packaging is very similar to the GEN and SWAG 2 boxes with a clear picture of the device inside on the front of the box.

IMG_20200317_124814.jpg

On the back of the box all the important technical details are listed with a clear view of what you can expect inside the box as well as device specifications as posted above and a scratch authentication sticker.

IMG_20200317_124825.jpg

Opening the box you will firstly see your new beautiful PM80 as well as the spare pod and the two coils. I already popped in the 0.2ohm coil into the pod at this stage.

The PM80 comes with a 0.2ohm and 0.3ohm coil and two pods as mentioned. This is great as it allows you to fit each coil type into each separate pod and vape at different resistance instead of having to remove the coil from the pod and possibly lose lots of juice in the process.

IMG_20200317_124853.jpg

In the bottom part of the box you get quire a thick manual with different lanquages and then some quick guides, USB cable, warranty card as well as some airflow restriction pads which we will cover later.
IMG_20200317_124930.jpg

Just a nice side view of the device. The PM80 is aesthetically pleasing and really looks good with the resin type padded sticker, yeah its not real resin which would have been awesome but would have probably increased the pricing so its not a bad thing!

IMG_20200317_124418.jpg IMG_20200317_124427.jpg

The color screen is super easy to understand and provides the user with plenty of details such as the current power setting/mode (Right top corner), The current power level. The AXON chip detects coil type and resistance and then recommends the power to use for the installed coil which i think is a good thing!

One big thing that i do not like is the fact that the puff counter only goes up to 999 so you quickly reach 999 and you then have to reset the counter if you want. personally i would have made it go up to at least 9999.

IMG_20200317_124449.jpg

On the bottom of the device you will see the battery size (2000mAh) and then the battery venting holes for easy venting!
IMG_20200317_124459.jpg

By holding the + and - button's in together, you will enter the device menu where you can change the modes and also reset the puff counter and change the screen theme color between Blue, Green and pink. There is also a default setting so factory default the settings.

IMG_20200317_124514.jpg

So we now get to one of the biggest issues i have experienced with this PM80, the sweating of the pods or leaking. I have used the 0.2ohm, 0.3ohm as well as new GTX coils and the second pod and they all end up sweating some juice.

What i have found happens as well is that if there are some leaked juice and the device now ends up on its side for too long, it will run out the airflow holes which is to be expected.

IMG_20200317_124527.jpg

The pods are completely transparent which makes it easy to see the juice level while using the device and rarely have to remove the pod to check the level as this is visible while the pod is installed into the device.

IMG_20200317_124540.jpg

Then the second thing that is a pain but not really a big issue is the filling port on the pods that are located at the bottom of the pods meaning you need to remove the pod to fill each time. One positive point is the hole if big and i have not spilled once when filling as it does not create a airlock which is awesome compared to the RBA pod on the boost!

IMG_20200317_124611.jpg IMG_20200317_124549.jpg

Now we get to the funny little silicone grommets which is quite a cool way of restricting airflow but also limits the airflow to 3 options. With none of the grommets installed, you will experience a nice DL draw from the device similar to let say a GEAR RTA. With one grommet installed you will get a slight restricted DL but then as soon as both airflow holes are blocked, it goes from slightly restricted to basically full on MTL with a fully restricted draw. IMG_20200317_125011.jpg IMG_20200317_125053.jpg IMG_20200317_125106.jpg

Coils and Flavor

I started off using the 0.2ohm coil at around 40watt's and although the flavor is excellent, the battery life isnt. Using the device at around 40W to 50W eats the battery life and you will see yourself charging the device at least twice a day depending on how much and how long you vape.

I have been using the 0.3ohm coils at 25W now for the past two weeks and works great at around 25W even though the device recommends me using it at 35W i get excellent flavor and a really good vape and vapour production. Depending on my usage, i usually charge the vape around once a day while at work which isnt too bad.

Battery life & Charging

As mentioned above, the battery life isnt the best from a device claiming to have a 2000mAh battery and it feels more like a 1500mAh battery in my opinion. The power level you choose to vape at as well as the coil resistance ultimately plays the biggest roll in battery life and i find that the 0.3ohm coil at lower wattage gives me the best and longest battery life.

The device charges fairly quickly and also shows you the estimate time on the screen when charging how long it will need to charge the device to 100% which i usually see at around 45min to 1 hour depending on how flat the battery is when putting it on charge.

Visual aspect

The PM80 is a great looking device with different types of materials used to construct the device. I like the resin type sticker but would have preferred a real resin plastic over a sticker as a sticker will tend to start scratching or rubbing off with time. The body of the device is a nice and shiny type of alloy metal and adds a bit of weight to the device making it feel decent as well. From using the device on the regular out and about and to work or around the house, i have not picked up many or even any serious scratches which is a plus for me!

AXON Chipset

As with the other devices that use the AXON chip, the PM80 also makes us of it and provides an almost instant 0.001 second fire with the push of a button!!

highlight-02.gif

Pulse Mode

My favorite feature on the GEN2 was the pulse mode which the PM80 also has making the vape so much better by pulsing the power making each draw feel like that first pull

highlight-03.png

Smart VW

The Smart VW mode will automatically detect the coil being used and set the device to the recommended power range. I love this feature but also hate it due to the filling port being on the bottom of the pod. So you will end up having to adjust your wattage after removing the pod. So if you find that sweet spot setting, rather not use this as it will keep changing your power to its recommended power range.

highlight-04.gif

Coil range available:

The PM80 has a large coil range from mesh to normal coils as well as a RBA coil for rebuilding which i did not get to test. The flavor on the 0.2 and 0.3 ohm coils are outstanding and they last very long!

Another plus is that from what i have read, the Voopoo PNP coils are also compatible with the PM80!
upload_2020-3-23_11-30-39.png

Pro's
  • Affordable pricing
  • Looks aesthetically great!
  • Exceptional flavor from the 0.2 and 0.3 ohm coils
  • RBA Coil is available for the pods
  • 2 pods are included as well as 2 coils
  • Easy to use menu and settings
  • AXON Chipset
  • Super fast firing
  • Long lasting coils!
  • Voopoo PNP coil compatibility
  • Different color themes for personalization
  • Relatively quick charging
  • Pod magnets are nice and strong!
  • Big pod juice capacity size (4ml)
  • Provides smart mode and recommends power settings

Con's

• Battery life isnt the best at higher power range especially using 0.2ohm coil and seems to be overstated.
  • Pods leak/sweat/condensation juice after usage
  • Filling port is situated at bottom of pod
  • Airflow adjustment is a hit or miss for me, rather just use one or none!

Verdict

I have been solely using the PM 80 for the past 2 to 3 weeks now as my daily device and absolutely love it. Even though you will have to charge the device at least one a day while using, it is worth it. The draw is smooth and the flavor is really good! The device packs alot of punch being able to vape at high wattage but the battery will deplete very quick though. Not only does it provide excellent flavor, it also looks great and is small and compact which i like with a bit of weight to it making it feel solid and not cheapish.

I would recommend the PM80 to any newbie or existing vaper that is looking for a nice flavorful DL setup that is easy to use and carry around and is looking for a smaller daily, because this is one excellent piece of kit.

Rating: 7 out of 10

The leaking pods and battery life is the only big issue i have but one can live past that and still enjoy this device alot!

Hope you guys enjoyed my feedback after using this device, please give me a like or leave a comment.

Thank you
Renier

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-23_10-35-15.png
    upload_2020-3-23_10-35-15.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200317_124825_1.jpg
    IMG_20200317_124825_1.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 2
Back