Vapour Mountain - Juice Reviews

Here is my review of Vapour Mountain's MENTHOL ICE (18mg) ready made e-liquid.

MENTHOL ICE

Whoa, this is a strong supercharged menthol! The first two drags after a while make themselves felt. It's a strong menthol flavour. Crisp and icy just like its name. It's more pure menthol than sweet. It's clean and leaves a pleasant menthol aftertaste that continues for a while. Its pure - there is no chemical or other strange taste that I've experienced in one or two other menthol juices. Continuous puffing makes your mouth really icy and a bit numb. If you breathe in normally after a few puffs you can still taste the menthol in your mouth. I also feel the chill on my lips. It's very refreshing. Medium throat hit that increases with consecutive puffing - likely the menthol at work. Above-average vapour production. This juice is too strong for me to vape continuously as is. But so far, its the best menthol I've tried. I would definitely like to keep it on hand for the occasional mouth blasting or adding a few drops of it into other juices to "liven" them up a bit. I intend re-ordering a bottle.

Equipment used : Protank 2 - Std 2.2 ohm coil - iTaste VV battery set to 7.5 Watts. (implying about 4.1 volts)

Here is my review of Vapour Mountain's MENTHOL ICE (18mg) ready made e-liquid.

MENTHOL ICE

Whoa, this is a strong supercharged menthol! The first two drags after a while make themselves felt. It's a strong menthol flavour. Crisp and icy just like its name. It's more pure menthol than sweet. It's clean and leaves a pleasant menthol aftertaste that continues for a while. Its pure - there is no chemical or other strange taste that I've experienced in one or two other menthol juices. Continuous puffing makes your mouth really icy and a bit numb. If you breathe in normally after a few puffs you can still taste the menthol in your mouth. I also feel the chill on my lips. It's very refreshing. Medium throat hit that increases with consecutive puffing - likely the menthol at work. Above-average vapour production. This juice is too strong for me to vape continuously as is. But so far, its the best menthol I've tried. I would definitely like to keep it on hand for the occasional mouth blasting or adding a few drops of it into other juices to "liven" them up a bit. I intend re-ordering a bottle.

Equipment used : Protank 2 - Std 2.2 ohm coil - iTaste VV battery set to 7.5 Watts. (implying about 4.1 volts)
Thanks Silver. I wonder, @Oupa, if this one is the same or stronger than the Vapour Mountain Menthol concentrate?

I have the menthol concentrate flavour from VM but havent tried it yet.

I have made a note that when I do try this flavour concentrate I will compare it to the ready made juice.

But I suppose it depends a lot on how one mixes the juice and how much flavour you put in. ...

Berry Blaze

Today I finished my 10ml sample. It won't become more; unlikely to order it again...for the same reason as Peach Rooibos. Not enough flavour for me. And on top of that, the flavour that is there does leave a bit of an aftertaste...like Liqua Citrus Mix, just not as bad. Maybe I should not go further down the fruit lane, at least leave the acidic ones out. Its a low/medium TH, the fumes are ok.

My Rating: 2/10 (for the fumes)

I mostly used the ZMax with either Mini ProTank or EVOD tanks. Set to 7-9W. And don't forget: taste is subjective ;)

Vanilla Custard

I agree with @Silver1 .... its mediocre. But, different to Silver1's review, I think the VM4 is much better in comparison. I have been using it more often then the VM4 in the last few days (VM4 is running low :()....vaped a good 20ml of it.
The Vanilla is not coming thru enough, TH is also on the rather low side, fumes as always good. Still looking for the Vanilla Custard, that tastes like homemade custard, not like the Tetrapack one.

My Rating: 5/10

I mostly used the ZMax with either Mini ProTank or EVOD tanks. Set to 7-9W. And don't forget: taste is subjective ;)

Vanilla Custard

I agree with @Silver1 .... its mediocre. But, different to Silver1's review, I think the VM4 is much better in comparison. I have been using it more often then the VM4 in the last few days (VM4 is running low :()....vaped a good 20ml of it.
The Vanilla is not coming thru enough, TH is also on the rather low side, fumes as always good. Still looking for the Vanilla Custard, that tastes like homemade custard, not like the Tetrapack one.

My Rating: 5/10

Good review. I loved the Vanilla Custard when I first got it, vaped it for about a week then mixed my own with the DYI supplies. Now I like my own mix more than the premixed one :) Strange how taste changes.

Last edited:
I'll definitely get some VM4 in January to try, not a tobacco fan so don't know if I'll like it though, but curious enough to try.

Not much tobacco flavour in it, the caramel is the dominant flavour. And....full of flavour!

FYI, my recipe is as follows:
50/50 PG/VG at 9mg nic, 8% Custard, 4% Vanilla and 2% Caramel. Let it steep for about a week with the cap of giving it a good shake everyday.

and how does that come in, if 10 is homemade custard and 1 is tetrapack custard? I tried to steep it as well, but only for 2 days because I needed to save my VM4 :D Maybe I should give the rest of it an extra week, now that I ordered more VM4....
I actually will do that right now, and give feedback in a week.

and how does that come in, if 10 is homemade custard and 1 is tetrapack custard? I tried to steep it as well, but only for 2 days because I needed to save my VM4 :D Maybe I should give the rest of it an extra week, now that I ordered more VM4....
I actually will do that right now, and give feedback in a week.

At the moment I'll give it a 7, think I'll up the Vanilla a bit, the Caramel gives a nice sweetness. Throat hit isn't too strong, but fine for me, very smooth.

Hi Tom and JB1987, lovely to hear your comments on your DIY experiences.

As Tom has repeatedly said, taste is so subjective. I am not a fan of the VM4/Vanilla Custard flavours. But please do continue reporting back on the VM DIY progress...

I haven't tried my VM DIY yet but hope to start pretty soon. I am a novice at DIY so I dont have big expectations...

As a matter of interest, do you need to steep DIY juice if you've just used 1 flavour? Or is steeping only required when you mix 2 or more flavours?

Hi Silver, I'm not an expert by any means, only started this DIY thing about 3 weeks ago :) My experience so far is that any juice smooths out after steeping for about 5-7 days, even if it is just 1 flavour. Mixed a small batch of Caramel flavour only and tasted it everyday for about 5 days, the flavour definitely improved over time. Leaving it to steep with the cap (incl dropper cap) off in a dark cupboard seems to do the trick.

ok - I am very surprised.
Been vaping for a while and mostly vape imported juice - my primary vendor is GoodLife Vapour whose juices I love.

Bought some of Oupa's juice and it is very, very good.
Vaping on a Reo - which is so efficient I am leaning toward less strongly flavoured juices as strong flavour are a little overwhelming with it.

Peach/Rooibos 12mg - definate ADV candidate for me - reminds me strongly of Beechies Peach/Apricot that I loved as a kid. Will definately be ordering more of this and in bulk!!

Banana Cream 12mg - what it says on the bottle, nive ripe banana flavour with a smoothness coming from the cream. A little sweet for an ADV but an enjoyable vape.

Have to say I am generally amazed by the quality of these juices - way better than anything else local (although I havent tried five pawns yet!)

Will be exploring more of the range shortly!

Well done Benji!

I fully agree @umzungu

I also love the Peach Rooibos - its a classic for me.

Three cheers to @Oupa (Benji) from Vapour Mountain!

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

Thanks Silver. I wonder, @Oupa, if this one is the same or stronger than the Vapour Mountain Menthol concentrate?

Sorry Matthee, I never answered your question... it is indeed the same concentrate used in the eliquid blend.

Hey Tom, thanks for the great feedback! When placing your next order, remind me to include a free sample of Peach Rooibos (with the Peach flavour boosted a bit). Would really appreciate your feedback... I might do 2 variations of Peach Rooibos going forward, as at the moment about a third of customers would prefer more Peach in there. Will have to think of product names to differentiate between the two. Which makes me think, if I do decide to run with 2 variations we can have a competition where forum members can name the 2 variations and win a nice prize for the winning entry!

Where's everyone getting VG from. Don't recall seeing it in the pricelist. Will be placing an order tonight, so I'm curious if Oupa is stocking it. I have pg nic and the flavoring is probably using pg as a carrier so I'm going to need VG to clear a 50/50 mix.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

As a matter of interest, do you need to steep DIY juice if you've just used 1 flavour? Or is steeping only required when you mix 2 or more flavours?

I have a bit of experience with DIY and can tell you that if a juice tastes crap freshly mixed it's not going to get any better over time. Steeping just brings out subtler notes. Nothing earth shattering.

After I mixed a fresh batch I'd heat it up in warm water give it a shake and let it set then vape. If it's off. It's off. If it's good it might get slightly more complex. Steeping is not gods gift to DIY. Don't get too OCD over it. We're not making whine here.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

Pick n pay pharmacy had bp glycerine at 11.99 per 100 ml i bought 3 at newlands PnP

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

What they said ^ Any pharmacy will stock it.... Obviously just make sure its Glycerine BP or Glycerine USP.

Really sweet. Thanks for head up

Back