Venturi clone review

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
I bought the Venturi with the Aqua v2 from Reardon Tech but thy told e the did not make it and would not tell me who made the clone.

Review for the authentic can be seen here:

P1090271.JPG

When i first saw the review for the Venturi, i was super exited and had to try it. Wile looking for the Aqua v2 i saw that Reardon sells them as well so i ordered one with the Aqua v2.

As you saw in the Youtube vid the Venturi comes in three main parts with two extra top caps. I used the Clasic cap (the cap on the far right) for my test.

P1090274.JPG
The machining is very well done on all the caps i did not find and machine marks on them inside and outside

P1090273.JPG
You can see the air intake is at the top of this RDA and that makes it leak proof. The top cap screws onto the bottom piece other than the usual o-rings that we are use to, that makes it even more leak proof.

P1090278.JPG
To build on this desk is pretty easy with the center post having 4 x 1mm holes to fit you duel coils, This RDA is just for duel coils and you can not block the air from one side

P1090279.JPG
At the bottom you get a brass center pin that is not adjustable.

P1090275.JPG
Looking at the chimney piece. The chimney fits over your build so that you get a smaller chamber for better flavour and with that it also channels the air from the top down to your coils.

Well this is were this clone and the design falls short

First the clone: well the chimney does not fit on the bottom piece. The bottom lip of the chimney is just to big and you really have to wiggle and push to get it in there. Once it is in the chimney sits so tight that you cant adjust the air flow.

After watching the review on youtube this was good news for me because i set the airflow and it does not move, well that part works but ..

The design:
The chamber is not so small. Comparing it to the iGo W4

P1090277.JPG

The iGo is on the right. As you can see there is not a very big difference between the two
P1090276.JPG

Looking at the side by side the dome part of the Venturi chimney is almost as big as the top cap of the iGo

P1090280.JPG

Looking at the two RDA's next to each other the Venturi is huge.

For me this is a fail, the clone and the design if the made it smaller yes. If you are looking at this, rather look at something else, you will be disappointed.

Last edited:
Another nice review @kimbo. Pity that some clones are still done poorly. If you're gonna copy, at least try and get it right :D

True, i think with the rush to get something out in the market many fall short. I think with the Kayfun 4 we might see the same.

True, i think with the rush to get something out in the market many fall short. I think with the Kayfun 4 we might see the same.

I totally agree, and the KF4 is a complex beast :eek:

I suppose most cloners also have nothing to lose, especially when we don't even know who they :doh:

I totally agree, and the KF4 is a complex beast :eek:

I suppose most cloners also have nothing to lose, especially when we don't even know who they :doh:
Yea what worries me is that spring. Many will put a sub standered spring in and the moment you coil your new shiny clone to below 1ohm the spring collapse and you have a nice paper weight

Yea what worries me is that spring. Many will put a sub standered spring in and the moment you coil your new shiny clone to below 1ohm the spring collapse and you have a nice paper weight

:eek: I had not even considered that! This makes me even more nervous about the KF4 clones. If only the real deal wasn't so damn expensive :(

It might be a pretty paperweight though ;)

Yip there is no way I'm shelling out for one of the first clones! You are right on the button here! Let's wait and see if they work or are like a lot of other Kayfun Clones out there that leak like a sieve!

Actually it's unlikely I will even buy an original either... I'm over tanks... well apart from the Atlantis... and I will test the Sub Ohm tank! :oops::--)

Very good review @kimbo.

I'm also over tanks though, I doubt I'll ever be getting another one again.

If I may say, the Kayfun 4 clone I am playing with has a silver plated spring, and I am struggling to pick up any resistance on it on my Fluke multimeter.

I think at the super low Ohms required to collapse the spring the RTA would have long since run out of juice feeding capability.

Great review @kimbo
Its hard to give something the thumbs down and back it up and do it so well
You did just that and reviews like that do help a lot
It gives more weight to something when you give it the thumbs up

If I may say, the Kayfun 4 clone I am playing with has a silver plated spring, and I am struggling to pick up any resistance on it on my Fluke multimeter.

I think at the super low Ohms required to collapse the spring the RTA would have long since run out of juice feeding capability.

Thanks for the update, I was hoping someone with one would chime in and set our minds at ease :D

How are you finding it? If it doesn't have any major issues I might still jump on it just for the fun of it :)

Awesome! Any leaks yet?

Unfortunately vaping it will have to wait a little while longer .. finishing up the last of the holiday preparations.

Back