VGOD Elite MECH MOD

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Elite MECH MOD from VGOD. The VGOD Elite MECH MOD was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vgod-elite-me...black.html

Introduction

VGOD as most people reading this will know are what i certainly consider a high end vape manufacturer at a not too high end price point from the US. Known for their Elite and Pro ranges of mechanical and regulated devices which also include RDA's, RDTA's and also the Pro Subtank have also ventured into manufacturing e-liquid and also offer classy apparel at very reasonable prices. The Elite mech mod has been released for about a year now, but as someone who has always loved the pictures of it i jumped at the opportunity to give it a look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x VGOD Elite Mech Mod
1 x VGOD Rigid Shell Carry Case
1 x Spare Fire Spring
1 x Copper VGOD Shield Badge
1 x Elite Mod Manual & Sticker Pack

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Elite Mech comes in cardboard box packaging with a cardboard sleeve, within the box is a shell zipped carry case that houses the mod along with all the included items. The mod is Copper with a Black Cerakote coating which gives the Elite nice grip, the bottom section is the switch housing that screws into the base, the exterior is bare Copper and the press pad is woven Carbon fiber. On one side of the mod there is a shield shape cut into the mod which houses a VGOD badge which looks similar to a car badge. The other side of the Mod has the "VGOD" logo in large cut out of the Black coating to reveal the Copper underneath. The top has threading for your atty's and is an hybrid connection, the surround has engraved branding. The shape is not the usual tubular but flairs out in the centre and tapers to both the top and base of the mod. I found the shape very ergonomic, and aesthetically this is right up my street but then that's entirely subjective. When it comes to build quality and the materials used i can't fault the Elite, very impressed.

VGOD Elite Specs and Features:

Size 24x85mm
Material: Copper, Cerakote coating
VGOD Elite Crest Design
Deep Set VGOD Engraving
Diameter: 24mm
Height: 85mm
510 Hybrid Connection
Floating Battery Adjustment
Single High Drain 18650 (Not included)
Gold Plated Copper Contact
Aerospace Carbon Fiber Switch
Plastic Tube Insert for Battery Protection
Colour: Black

Extras

The VGOD Elite comes with a couple of stickers, a nice tie pin that matches the badge on the mech, spare spring and the excellent shell carry case. The carry case is fastened with a zipper and has pockets and other useful compartments to hold spare batteries, other mods and just a general convenient box to house your mods when travelling!

Safety

This is probably the most important section even if not vast in content. Unless you are an experience vaper and have done your homework on mechanical devices as well as having sound knowledge of ohms law i would recommend staying clear and sticking to regulated devices. Obvious safety facts to point out is make sure any atty being used is hybrid safe which means it has a protruding 510 pin that is not self adjusting, if both the positive pin and negative casing of the pin come into contact with the battery at the same time you have big problems. Also know ohms law and build within safe limits checking the resistant on a trusted device or ohms reader before putting onto the device. Make sure you use high drain batteries that are safe with the resistant builds you do and even if their is a plastic lining inside a mechanical device still don't use batteries with any rips to the wraps, coatings and linings are their to try and add safety but are not their as an excuse to take risks. Finally don't use atty's that are shorting risks as obviously unlike a regulated device there are no protections that kick in.

The Switch

There is nothing revolutionary about the switch it's just made very well, so smooth. The switch is slightly recessed and needs reasonable force to activate which i prefer on a mech. The outside of the switch where you press is woven carbon fiber and the switch uses a very sturdy spring to push the solid copper contact to engage with the battery to fire (a spare spring is included). When you remove the switch section you can see it has a self adjusting ring so there will be no battery rattle or movement, this ring has venting on the surround. Opening the switch see's that the threading and spring has been well lubricated which is possibly just how noticeable the smoothness of the switch is.

Other Points

The Elite mech is a hybrid connection as already mentioned, also the inside of the mech has a solid plastic wall to help with safety, another thing to note is how thick the Copper is, very impressed. After quite a bit of use now i can report the durability of the Black Cerakote finish is impressive (as good as new) i just am waiting impatiently now for the Copper to Weather. If there is any fault to find is that the "VGOD" large logo on the side has a clear coating to stop that weathering and keep it a shiny Copper colour which has just started to peel off, although once completely off i will actually prefer it why put it on in the first place if it's not durable?

My Experience Using The VGOD Elite

I don't do all the tech stuff as i have no equipment so can't report on voltage drop, but i have simply reviewed the Elite as a personal vaping experience. I don't have an abundance of mechanical devices to make comparisons but without doubt the Elite gives better performance than the other half a dozen i do have. The switch again is very nice and smooth and i experienced no misfires. The self adjusting ring does it's job and no battery rattle whatsoever, i just have thoroughly enjoyed using it. The bulged shape of the device proves not to be just aesthetic as it is very comfortable ergonomically and the Cerakote finish gives it great grip.

Build top quality
Quality materials
Threading and machining superb
Thick Copper
Durable Black Cerakote coating
Quality engraving
Nice embedded badge
Self adjusting
Plastic lining
Smooth switch
Switch put together excellently
Carbon Fiber press pad
Copper contact
Hybrid connection
Spare spring
Very useful carry case

Cons

The aesthetics and shape are purely subjective so while many will find the look of the Elite a Pro like me some people will just not like it.
Clear coating on "VGOD" logo doesn't seem durable

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the VGOD Elite MECH MOD for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vgod-elite-me...black.html

Back