Voopoo Drag Warranty help

Anton Erasmus

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi everyone. I would just like to find out what kind of warranty does one get on the Drag mod? I am having issues and my mod is barely 2 months old. Two things....the mod switches off by itself and does not restart on the normal 5 click. It only works again after I remove the batteries and replace them a few seconds later. This only helps for a while as the mod does the same thing again and again. Also for some reason the usb thing also mess around. Basicly i think something is up with the mod

There is a bad batch of faulty drags, try upgrading the firmware by downloading the software. A lot of people mess juice in the 510 pin also as I have seen before on the drag and the mod starts konking out. Try opening the mod and check if juice went inside. Just a suggestion brother. I know the one month warranty is bs thing. If you need help pm me I can refer you to a mod repair guy.
I understand what you say but dude the mod is just about 2 months old. When it works it works fine but as I mentioned after a short while it is dead. Only starts up again when batteries are removed and replaced

There is a bad batch of faulty drags, try upgrading the firmware by downloading the software. A lot of people mess juice in the 510 pin also as I have seen before on the drag and the mod starts konking out. Try opening the mod and check if juice went inside. Just a suggestion brother. I know the one month warranty is bs thing. If you need help pm me I can refer you to a mod repair guy.
Don't u think that will void the warranty.

This is true, all mods have a 1 month warranty, due to voopoo having no service centre here. Before it was 3 months. Suppliers only give one month.
Irrespective of the warranty period the manufacturer gives the vendor, the consumer should get his 6 month warranty.

When I buy anything electronic, I expect a 6 month warranty because thats what I know I should be getting without having to go online and look at the T's and C's. If a certain device only has a 1 month warranty, this should be told to me before I purchase the device because I'll be buying it thinking it has a 6 month warranty.

Imagine if I buy a TV from Dion Wired and it gives up after 3 months and the store tells me Samsung only gives them a 1 month warranty and therefore, they can't do anything about it. (just an example).

Whenever a warranty period is less than 6 months, I feel I should be made aware of it without having to read up online because I'll always be thinking the warranty for most things in SA are 6 months as per the CPA.

Try reflashing the firmware, I've just done this on my Voopoo Alpha One to see if it'll help sort out the "new coil" message that I'm getting multiple times during the day. Some guys on reddit have had success doing this.

FIRMWARE UPDATE TUTORIAL/SOFTWARE GUIDE ...

Link to voopoo software..here

Irrespective of the warranty period the manufacturer gives the vendor, the consumer should get his 6 month warranty.

When I buy anything electronic, I expect a 6 month warranty because thats what I know I should be getting without having to go online and look at the T's and C's. If a certain device only has a 1 month warranty, this should be told to me before I purchase the device because I'll be buying it thinking it has a 6 month warranty.

Imagine if I buy a TV from Dion Wired and it gives up after 3 months and the store tells me Samsung only gives them a 1 month warranty and therefore, they can't do anything about it. (just an example).

Whenever a warranty period is less than 6 months, I feel I should be made aware of it without having to read up online because I'll always be thinking the warranty for most things in SA are 6 months as per the CPA.
Well said. I agree with you totally. Will see what I can get right tomorrow at the vape shop

Try reflashing the firmware, I've just done this on my Voopoo Alpha One to see if it'll help sort out the "new coil" message that I'm getting multiple times during the day. Some guys on reddit have had success doing this.

FIRMWARE UPDATE TUTORIAL/SOFTWARE GUIDE ...

Link to voopoo software..

Hi. Thank you. I did this 2 days ago when the mod started doing this. Still does the same thing

Problem here is. And im speaking out of experience. Some these so called "reputable" seller advises that they have a 3 month warranty as the supplier only has a 3 month warranty (smok as an example). However what these vendors fail to realize is that they are bound to THEIR OWN countrie's policies, i.e. CPA and not to that of China. I was in the exact same predicament. And sure i could have taken them to court and would have won without a doubt. But paying 5k laywer for for a 1k mod doesnt add up and unfortunately these vendors know it. In the end i just stop supporting them and spread the word that these vendors should not be used
Thank you for your response. I do get what you saying but this is my only mod and I am not in a position to buy a new mod as I bought a new mod nearly 2 months ago. I promise you that if they dont make this right I will never support them again and will definitely spread the word. But I am still hoping for the best .

Problem here is. And im speaking out of experience. Some these so called "reputable" seller advises that they have a 3 month warranty as the supplier only has a 3 month warranty (smok as an example). However what these vendors fail to realize is that they are bound to THEIR OWN countrie's policies, i.e. CPA and not to that of China. I was in the exact same predicament. And sure i could have taken them to court and would have won without a doubt. But paying 5k laywer for for a 1k mod doesnt add up and unfortunately these vendors know it. In the end i just stop supporting them and spread the word that these vendors should not be used
For future reference you can also approach small claims court for amounts in dispute of under R15k or R20k. It's informal; quick; and doesn't require a lawyer.

For future reference you can also approach small claims court for amounts in dispute of under R15k or R20k. It's informal; quick; and doesn't require a lawyer.

Thanks for clearing this up @Mr. B , I had this question in my head ever since @SmokeyJoe mentioned about legal charges involved if we want to file a case under CPA, but dint ask because did want the thread to go off topic.

Definitely drag for the performance. But the paint on the drag doesn't stay. I am using a silicone sleeve still it somehow gets scratches on it. Do u have a choice of choosing something completely different ?

Okay guys. I managed to get the shop to agree. So now the choice do I stay with the Drag or do I change to the Voopoo Too?

Definitely drag for the performance. But the paint on the drag doesn't stay. I am using a silicone sleeve still it somehow gets scratches on it. Do u have a choice of choosing something completely different ?
I do yes but I really liked how the Drag worked. Just thought the Too might be a bit of an upgrade

Hi everyone. I would just like to find out what kind of warranty does one get on the Drag mod? I am having issues and my mod is barely 2 months old. Two things....the mod switches off by itself and does not restart on the normal 5 click. It only works again after I remove the batteries and replace them a few seconds later. This only helps for a while as the mod does the same thing again and again. Also for some reason the usb thing also mess around. Basicly i think something is up with the mod

Just ignoring the consumer protection act for a second, the official warranty on a Voopoo Drag is 3 months.

The store does not really have a choice but to fix or replace it.

Just ignoring the consumer protection act for a second, the official warranty on a Voopoo Drag is 3 months.

The store does not really have a choice but to fix or replace it.
Yes they did agree after I showed them the video. So now can't decide what mod to get. Was thinking about the Voopoo Drag again or the Voopoo Too but heard many stories about the doors

Back