Voopoo Drag Warranty help

Anton Erasmus

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi everyone. I would just like to find out what kind of warranty does one get on the Drag mod? I am having issues and my mod is barely 2 months old. Two things....the mod switches off by itself and does not restart on the normal 5 click. It only works again after I remove the batteries and replace them a few seconds later. This only helps for a while as the mod does the same thing again and again. Also for some reason the usb thing also mess around. Basicly i think something is up with the mod

Hi everyone. I would just like to find out what kind of warranty does one get on the Drag mod? I am having issues and my mod is barely 2 months old. Two things....the mod switches off by itself and does not restart on the normal 5 click. It only works again after I remove the batteries and replace them a few seconds later. This only helps for a while as the mod does the same thing again and again. Also for some reason the usb thing also mess around. Basicly i think something is up with the mod

Just double check that you haven't incorrectly rewrapped your batteries. Check that battery terminals aren't bent ( can happen if mod is dropped) and if none of those are a problem take it back and ask the store for help. Under two months they should help you out happily.

@Spyro is correct. Reputable vendors in SA offer a 6 month warranty. I would suggest taking the mod back to the store to test it and get a replacement.
Problem is I did take it back to the shop where I bought it and they told me that if the mod was a month old they would have helped me but if I book it in now they will send it to China when they send stock back and they said most probably it will be replaced but it will only be send back to SA when they order stock again which can take 3 to 4 months.... this I think is totally ridiculous

Just double check that you haven't incorrectly rewrapped your batteries. Check that battery terminals aren't bent ( can happen if mod is dropped) and if none of those are a problem take it back and ask the store for help. Under two months they should help you out happily.
Hi. They batteries was tested and they charge perfectly. No dents nothing. Mod was never dropped and terminals are also fine. My problem is that the shop say that the mod only has 1 month warranty from them and 3 months from the supplier which I doubt is true. They said that the mod would have to be send back to their supplier overseas and can take 3 to 4 months for it to get back. That is bs if you ask me.

I don't mean a bad battery. Just that the wraps may be a little too big causing the battery to disconnect and reconnect. Happened to me before. This will only be the case if you have rewrapped batteries.

Google the consumer protection act and see if what they are doing is legal. It's been a while since I read it. So I'm not totally sure RE sending back to China. Doesn't seem right to me though.

Problem is I did take it back to the shop where I bought it and they told me that if the mod was a month old they would have helped me but if I book it in now they will send it to China when they send stock back and they said most probably it will be replaced but it will only be send back to SA when they order stock again which can take 3 to 4 months.... this I think is totally ridiculous
With the consumer protection act in place, I wonder why some vendors still refuse to acknowledge it and cover the customers for 6 months. This is the main reason why I always read vendors warranty policy before making any purchases. Reputable vendors like Vape Cartel, Sir Vape etc will replace a device if it is found defective with no issues.

Not sure what you can do in a case like this. Maybe some of the other forum members can advise you on what steps you can take.

With the consumer protection act in place, I wonder why some vendors still refuse to acknowledge it and cover the customers for 6 months. This is the main reason why I always read vendors warranty policy before making any purchases. Reputable vendors like Vape Cartel, Sir Vape etc will replace a device if it is found defective with no issues.

Not sure what you can do in a case like this. Maybe some of the other forum members can advise you on what steps you can take.
I am not sure. Thing is I bought from this shop Vapeowave many times. And they seem legit but I don't think what they doing is right. I am going to the shop tomorrow again so will see what they have to say. Just needed some ammo you know...thanks for the help

I don't mean a bad battery. Just that the wraps may be a little too big causing the battery to disconnect and reconnect. Happened to me before. This will only be the case if you have rewrapped batteries.

Google the consumer protection act and see if what they are doing is legal. It's been a while since I read it. So I'm not totally sure RE sending back to China. Doesn't seem right to me though.
Sorry. No the batteries arent rewrapped. I will google and see what I can use as ammo. Don't feel what they doing is fair

No that must have been someone else.
I was referring to @Spyro I think a while back he had a AL85 mod which was defective within the 6 month period and the vendor didn't want to replace it as he said they have a 3 month warranty and not 6 months.

According to the Consumer Protection Act, the vendor HAS to replace your device.

@daniel craig Nope, not me. I have been fortunate enough to never have a mod break. Touch wood.
Me too, since the Time I used a Twisp Neo back in 2012/2013, I have only ever experienced the automatic puff detection weakening on the Twisp neo and automatic Clearo and the battery giving up on my manual (button) Clearo. Other than this, none of my mods have ever given me trouble

I was referring to @Spyro I think a while back he had a AL85 mod which was defective within the 6 month period and the vendor didn't want to replace it as he said they have a 3 month warranty and not 6 months.

According to the Consumer Protection Act, the vendor HAS to replace your device.
I appreciate your advise and help. I did Google the Consumer protection act and yes I also saw that they have to give me a 6 month warranty.

Print it out and put it on the table when you go back. Highlight all the important parts and you won't need to argue for long.
I appreciate your advise and help. I did Google the Consumer protection act and yes I also saw that they have to give me a 6 month warranty.

Hi. They batteries was tested and they charge perfectly. No dents nothing. Mod was never dropped and terminals are also fine. My problem is that the shop say that the mod only has 1 month warranty from them and 3 months from the supplier which I doubt is true. They said that the mod would have to be send back to their supplier overseas and can take 3 to 4 months for it to get back. That is bs if you ask me.
This is true, all mods have a 1 month warranty, due to voopoo having no service centre here. Before it was 3 months. Suppliers only give one month.

May be u can try upgrading the firmware.
Can u check and tell what is the current version of the firmware on the mod.
If it's not V1.0.0.1 u can upgrade.
Its available for the drag on their website. Below is the link.
Hi. The firmware loaded is the current v1.0.0.1
I also thought of that but don't know what is up with the mod

Problem here is. And im speaking out of experience. Some these so called "reputable" seller advises that they have a 3 month warranty as the supplier only has a 3 month warranty (smok as an example). However what these vendors fail to realize is that they are bound to THEIR OWN countrie's policies, i.e. CPA and not to that of China. I was in the exact same predicament. And sure i could have taken them to court and would have won without a doubt. But paying 5k laywer for for a 1k mod doesnt add up and unfortunately these vendors know it. In the end i just stop supporting them and spread the word that these vendors should not be used

May be u can try upgrading the firmware.
Can u check and tell what is the current version of the firmware on the mod.
If it's not V1.0.0.1 u can upgrade.
Its available for the drag on their website. Below is the link.

http://en.voopootech.com/download-support
There is a bad batch of faulty drags, try upgrading the firmware by downloading the software. A lot of people mess juice in the 510 pin also as I have seen before on the drag and the mod starts konking out. Try opening the mod and check if juice went inside. Just a suggestion brother. I know the one month warranty is bs thing. If you need help pm me I can refer you to a mod repair guy.

Back