VOOPOO FIND S 120W TC Kit with UFORCE T2

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the FIND S 120W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 from Voopootech. The FIND S 120W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 was supplied for the purpose of this review by Thea from Voopoo.

https://www.voopoo.com/find-s

Introduction

This year Voopoo have been busy mainly adding products to their Drag and Alpha ranges but we now see a new range from Voopoo, the Find S. This kit comprises of the Find S mod which has the same Gene.Fit chip as other recent devices and the Uforce T2 Tank. With top wattage of 120W, in-built batteries given 4400mAh and the now always present Fit mode the device sounds like it should be a great in-built battery option. In this kit we see Voopoo revert back to the ever faithful Uforce T2 tank, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1 x VOOPOO FIND S MOD
1 x UFORCE T2(5ml)
1 x UFROCE P2(pre-installed)
1 x UFROCE N3
1 x Glass Tube(3.5ml)
6 x Sealing O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x GENE Chip Card
2 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

TPD Edition

1 x VOOPOO FIND S MOD
1 x UFORCE T2(2ml)
1 x UFROCE N1(pre-installed)
1 x UFROCE N3
1 x Glass Tube(2ml)
6 x Sealing O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x GENE Chip Card
2 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Find S Kit comes in standard cardboard packaging and on opening i was met by a unique looking device. Voopoo devices nearly always have a loud aesthetic look to them which devide's opinion, i can see many will love the look of the Find S while others like me would see it as quite ugly but i still admire the going for a different look. I received the True Red version which came with a Gunmetal T2 tank, the different colour options are Primary Yellow, White, Rose Red, True Red, Spruce Green and Radiant Orchid. The device has a split colour design which meet each other on the diagonal with the top section being the colour of choice and on most but not all versions the bottom section being Black. This split design is on both sides and also both sides and spine have a corrugated heat dissipating finish which keeps the device cool during use and also gives good grip. Both sides of the device bow outwards and the spine has a rubber wrist band attached which would only fit the wrist of a toddler, can't be removed and i really just don't understand what is's for. The face of the device has a square fire button top, followed by the screen and then the + and - buttons, finally on the face at the bottom we have the micro USB port. On the base we have safety stamps and venting and then moving up top we have a 510 plate positioned centrally with a Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The device does seem very well made but despite easily mistaking it for metal is actually plastic and quite lightweight, the bow sides help ergonomically and grooved finish as mentioned gives it good grip.

Find S Kit Specs and Features:

Specs:

VOOPOO FIND S MOD

Dimensions: 48 x 25 x 83.5mm
Battery: Built-in 4400mAh battery
Power Range: 5-120W
Resistance range: 0.05-5.0ohm
Temperature Range:100-315℃/200-600℉
Output Current: 0-40A
Output Voltage Range:0-7.5V
Resting Current: ≤10uA
Upgraded Function: Yes
Material: Plastic
Thread: 510 thread

UFORCE T2 Tank

Dimensions: 28 x 54.5mm
Capacity: 5ml(Standard Edition)/2ml(TPD Edition)
Compatible Coil: U2/U4/U6/U8/N1/N2/N3/P2(only for Standard Edition)/R1/D4 Coil
Included Coil: 0.6ohm P2 Single Mesh coil (24-28W) (N1 0.13ohm coil TPD)
0.2ohm N3 Triple Mesh coil(65-100W, Best: 75-85W)
Thread: 510 thread

Features:

Stylish appearance and hand rope design
4400mAh Large battery with 120W max output
GENE.FIT chip for better user experience
0.01s instant fire speed
New Uforce P2 (included with standard version only and not that new) and N3 coils
Eco-friendly corrugated heat dissipating panels
Convenient sliding type top filling design
Upgraded firmware
Colours: Primary Yellow, White, Rose Red, True Red, Spruce Green, Radiant Orchid

I found the device to weigh 129g

Uforce T2 Overview

In this review i mainly concentrate on the Find S device but here is a quick look at the Uforce T2 sub-ohm Tank which there will be many reviews out there for and i myself have reviewed the original Uforce in the past and have had the Uforce T2 included in many kits so have used it quite a lot in the past. The Uforce is a very good sub-ohm tank and not just a kit tank, i received the standard version which has a capacity of 5ml with the installed bulge glass, also included is a straight glass with 3.5ml capacity making it the same as the original. In fact apart from different style texturing top and bottom and a different drip tip as far as i can tell both aesthetically and performance wise it is basically the same tank. All the threading on the Uforce T2 is excellent and the tank can be taken apart and reassembled very easily. It has tri cyclops bottom airflow and slide top-fill system, the top just needs pushing where it is clearly marked and it slides open revealing a generous fill slot. The marketing does suggest that this kit see's the introduction of new coils but the P2 came included back with the Drag Mini release and i'm pretty certain (could be wrong i often am) that i have also used the included N3 in the past. Pre-installed with the standard version is the P2 which is a single mesh coil 0.6ohm rated between 24w and 28w so one for the low wattage DL vaper, also included is the 0.2ohm N3 Triple Mesh coil(65-100W, Best: 75-85W). The P2 is not compatible with the 2ml TPD version of the T2 Tank so the ever faithful N1 is pre-installed which is a single mesh 0.13ohm which is rated between 50w and 100w with a best at rating of 70w to 80w. Despite using the T2 Tank and included coils in the past I did use the Uforce T2 with the Find S just to refresh my memory but also used the Find S with a couple of RTA's and another sub-ohm tank.

The Uforce T2 tank does offer many optional coil options and various glass tubes giving a range of capacities.

The Display

The Display is sharp but quite dim making viewing it outdoors an issue, it's old school only giving the information really needed. To the left of the display positioned vertically we have the 2 battery status bars (so i assume we have 2 batteries in-built that are monitored separately), next to this is resistance top, underneath is voltage which changes to watts when in temp control and at the bottom seconds vaped. The right hand side of the screen displays wattage or temperature and mode information.

Protections

Timeout protection 10s
Over-temperature protection
Over-current protection
Overcharge protection
Over discharge protection
Short circuit protection
Balanced charging

Navigating The Find S Mod

The Find S is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off. Once on navigating the device is a bit strange compared to most devices but partly because the device isn't packed with features, once you get use to it navigating is easy. If you have used the Drag 2, Drag Mini or Alpha Zip then you will know how the device is navigated as it is the exact same system. 3 clicks of the fire button takes you to Fit mode which i will explain in a later section, a further 3 clicks takes you to where you can choose between SS, TI or NI temp control wires, a further 3 clicks takes you back to wattage. When in wattage mode pressing up and down together brings up some options which are, Wattage (takes you back to standard wattage), M1-5 takes you to the main screen in memory mode, SN (displays serial number) and Vers (gives firmware version). When in temp control pressing the up and down together gives you different options which are, TC (takes you back to the TC main screen), M1-5 (memory mode for TC), lock resistance and enter TCR value. When the memory screen is on pressing fire 4 times takes you to where you can set a custom curve, 4 presses of the fire button in temp control allows you to set wattage for temp control up to 80w. Finally their is a couple of combination button press features, first up and fire together locks and unlocks the device, when the device is locked it will not fire and down and fire together flips the screen.

Fit Mode

Fit Mode is the feature on the device that Voopoo seem to be really pushing to the point that even the updated Gene chip has been named the Gene.Fit, it was introduced on the Drag 2 and Drag Mini and here we see the feature again on the Find S. As far as i can tell from playing around with the Fit feature it's a smart feature that reads the resistance of the coil and gives appropriate wattage, nothing new their as this feature is common to many devices. The difference with the fit feature is that you have 3 levels 1, 2 or 3 so you can get 3 different wattage's for the coil, essentially it gives you a soft, medium or hard hit so Fit Mode seems to be a combination of Smart mode (as seen on many recent devices) with different preheats or maybe even just different wattage's. When using the Fit feature you are on the fit screen where you highlight 1, 2 or 3 and vape, the device doesn't actually give you information about what wattage that is being applied it's all very mysterious which leads me to think it is what i described just soft, medium or hard preheat along with smartly giving appropriate wattage or even giving appropriate wattage and then just giving higher wattage on 3 and lower wattage on 1.
Combining smart mode and preheats (if that's actually what has been done, if you know different please spill the beans) actually isn't a bad idea and some people will like Fit mode even if the innovation is combining 2 different already common features together rather than anything actually new.

My Experience Using The Find S

As always i must point out i do not vape in temp control or have access to data so simply review a product as my own vaping experience using it. The device feels really nice in the hand having good grip, the fire button is easy to find and nice and clicky. The Gene chip does it stuff with the device firing instantly with no noticeable ramp up, still impresses even if their is a lot of good chips around now. The fit mode just isn't for me as i like to know what wattage i'm at and much prefer dialling my own in but i'm sure some will like it, the curves i do like trying on a device and they work as well on the Find S has previous Voopoo devices. I used the Find S with the supplied Uforce T2 tank to refresh my memory and must say both supplied coils gave fantastic flavour for stock coils even if very different. The P2 gives quite a restricted DL vape but will suit many that like DL vaping at low wattage, i found it best at 25W with half airflow for a very restrictive flavoursome vape. The N3 coil gives much more air with only slight restriction and i found it best to use this without trying to restrict it with the airflow control which isn't how i would normally vape, i found this coil head best at 75W, this coil surprised me edging the P2 for flavour (just). If their is one negative about the coils i have used with the Uforce is that they just don't come close to matching the coils that use Wood Pulp or Flax Fiber mixed with cotton when it comes to longevity. I also used the Find S with a couple of RTA's and another sub-ohm tank and found the device to perform well at different wattage's and seemed accurate as far as i could tell, the heat dissipating design also does it's job as the device stayed nice and cool. The Find S will accommodate up to a 25mm tank without overhanging the device but the 510 plate is raised so tanks slightly gap once overhanging the plate, 24MM or less the gap isn't really noticeable but is with a 25mm. The battery life is good, the 4400mAh in-built battery gives similar life to a dual 18650 device (i suspect that's what's inside) and when using the P2 coil at 25W the battery lasted well over a day and i vape a lot. The device supports balanced charging which is further evidence we are looking at dual 18650's under the hood, it is also fully firmware upgradeable.

Unique aesthetically
Ergonomic
Corrugated heat dissipating finish
Well made, but is plastic
Lightweight
Good battery capacity but portable
Simple no fuss display
Once use to how it works easy to navigate
Fit Mode (guessing what's happening)
Temp control (not tested)
Curves
Gene.Fit Chip
Performance for me was great
Fires and hits set wattage instantly
Both coils included give very good flavour
Included coils very different (standard edition)
Multiple coil and glass tube options available
Spare glass
5ml Capacity (standard edition)
Very good battery life (equivalent to dual 18650 device)
Firmware Upgradeable

Cons

Looks very different (a con to some but others will love the look)
Don't like wrist strap or really get the point
Display quite dim
No settings for features like brightness and screen timeout
Slight gap with 25mm tanks
Over 25mm tanks will overhang
Don't really find Fit mode to be of any use to me
Coils don't have great longevity

I would once again like to thank Thea from Voopoo for supplying the FIND S 120W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 for the purpose of this review.

https://www.voopoo.com/find-s

Nice to see we agree on the same things with this kit regarding the P2 coil, The display and outdoors as well as the strap just to mention a few.

Do you also find that the stud on the strap is shaving off the paint and plastic on the back spine side of the unit?

Great review, check mine as well.

Nice to see we agree on the same things with this kit regarding the P2 coil, The display and outdoors as well as the strap just to mention a few.

Do you also find that the stud on the strap is shaving off the paint and plastic on the back spine side of the unit?

No, on mine there is good clearance between the metal piece and the device, if i carried it in a tight pocket it may come into contact with the finish of the device!

Just had email from Voopoo with no hint of a thanks for the review instead asking me to delete it as i was suppose to of reviewed another product first, i basically told her to get stuffed so after i have reviewed the other item i doubt i will be reviewing anything else for them!

No, on mine there is good clearance between the metal piece and the device, if i carried it in a tight pocket it may come into contact with the finish of the device!

Just had email from Voopoo with no hint of a thanks for the review instead asking me to delete it as i was suppose to of reviewed another product first, i basically told her to get stuffed so after i have reviewed the other item i doubt i will be reviewing anything else for them!

I was told to post the reviews anytime between 1st and 5th July and no mention of order so thats weird?

I was told to post the reviews anytime between 1st and 5th July and no mention of order so thats weird?
Voopoo

"Can you delete all your post of FIND S Kit because it's not supposed to publish right now. You should pulish review of FIND S Trio pod first."

Me

"I spent hours on that review and you expect me to just delete it? the answer is no!"

Voopoo

"I was not asking you to delete it forever, but to save it for later. Maybe the end of this month. You should follow our time line. That's how we cooperate."

Me

"
I write it on a forum so if it's deleted it's gone. No other manufacturer says this device has to be done on this date only Voopoo. I get product from many manufacturers so if you say this review has to be released on this date (which you do often), guess what it goes in my pile of review items and takes it's turn to be tested and gets reviewed in turn there's nothing special about Voopoo.
Voopoo's behaviour just seems to carry on being outrageous, you say "That's how we cooperate" in a scolding manner without a hint of a thanks for the review well we don't cooperate anymore because i do not review products for people with your attitude"

Back