• Musket

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Engine

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Papua

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll go for single battery, so the Musket is out.... (has nothing to do with the fact that it is Voopoo, my story and I'm sticking to it)

Next will be 18650/2x700 options, so both Hippovape and OBS ticks the boxes...

As I mostly vape everything at one setting (MTL at 1ohm and 15W and RDL at 0.25ohm at 50w) I am not too worried about power supply on these options, again both Hippovape and OBS ticks the boxes...

Loving simplicity and innovation, the Hippovape is one up on the OBS for that, but the OBS is better known (even though the track record is hit and miss and subjective between vapers)

So in the end it will be based on form and looks for me, and for that the Hippovape wins hands down...

The Musket doesn't really fit into this category because it's a dual mod.

Between the other two, I would go for the OBS Engine for two main reasons.

OBS is a better-known make and the resin tubes are replaceable. The OBS is also regulated and I prefer wattage mode to PWM.

All three are reasonably priced mods.

I have to agree with @Puff the Magic Dragon. Comparing a single and a dual battery mod us not appropriate unless you specify the intended use... I'm more of a MTL vaper so fir me single battery is a no brainer especially if it fits 21700 batteries

Similar price range. That's where the comparison is. Part of the question is, what do you get for your money ?

Option of single or dual in that price range

Musket takes 18650's

OBS and Papua take 18650/2x700's

ALL of them are wattage devices including the Papua

Single battery mods are 100W and the dual is 120 W

The Papua is waterproof.

OBS has nicer screen than Musket and choice of colours

Musket has smart and RBA mode

Papua has no screen but indicator lights

OBS is wattage only but does have a smart lock function

Musket is a copycat design

Papua is unique.

OBS is customizable

You can throw the Musket at some one and hurt them
You can use the battery sleeve from the Engine as a blow dart tube

You can show the Voodoo face of the Papua to some one and say Mumbubumba jambowambo nickynackynoo and the other person will grow a big wart on their face.

... and the "best" one is still going to be an emotional decision, which we'll then proceed to justify using features, technology, aesthetics, functionality etc. ... to ourselves as much as to others :giggle:

No it's not

(It's Tuesday, I am bored let's have a bun fight)

Hippovape-Papua-Kit.jpg

Hippovape-Papua1.jpg

The Musket is an un-imaginative rip-off :MUTRESIST:

the OBS looks so generic (meh :ANOYED: )

But the PAPUA, looks amazing! Plus PWM is great :TRUESTORYBRU:
images

Is it PWM, I don't know that it is. On Hippopvapes site they have a VV mod, single battery. Specs say max output 4.2

The Papua specs say max output 8.4 V and it is a Variable wattage device. I don't think it is PWM. I think there is DC-DC circuitry in there alongside an advanced chip. The fact that they went to the trouble of making it waterproof supports my findings.

Back