Vtr Modding

Its the same device but in a nice short hideable version . Slips nicely into my back jeans pocket .

I must admit I do like the idea of the tank being inline and the whole thing is being in your hand with no major protrusions... The big test will come next week when I test the Aerotank and if comes close to the Nautilus I may give some real consideration to the VTR. I also love the idea of a small (relatively) 18650 device.

There is no denying it is a heavy device but it is my favourite one. It is also one of the very few VV\VW devices that can sub ohm.

There is no denying it is a heavy device but it is my favourite one. It is also one of the very few VV\VW devices that can sub ohm.

What makes it a favorite of yours @SVS1000 ? Is it just build quality and simple menu system? Or the fact that it's an 18650 device? Or it just does the job and looks great?

I Like the weight, it feels solid in your hand. It vapes very nicely. It has an easy menu system. The button instantly fires the coil. It looks the part aswell :)
It is expensive and im sure there are devices that do the same job for less money but im glad I have it.

I Like the weight, it feels solid in your hand. It vapes very nicely. It has an easy menu system. The button instantly fires the coil. It looks the part aswell :)
It is expensive and im sure there are devices that do the same job for less money but im glad I have it.

Perfect answer! Just what I wanted to hear! :D

can anyone find the chip specs? im almost certain I read something somewhere about the chip being better

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Looks like its just a in house Inokin board.

I know but I think I read something about the chip having a higher mhz rating or something like that

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Am loving all your commentary about the VTR.
You guys are making me want one too

I think for me, it would be a case of wanting one, more than needing one. My MVP and SVD are fine so far. But I will admit, i do like the form factor that the tank is sunken so doesnt protrude as much. And also that it takes 18650 batts versus the MVP having a built-in batt.

@Cape vaping supplies, i think you are right to investigate its chip or board. Maybe it hits differently because it differs from the SVD's board. Didnt you once mention something similar about the MVP? You said it hits nicely because it has a different type of pulsing.

I tell you what guys, our forum ROCKS!

I just looked on a thread on ECF where the members are talking about the SVD versus the VTR versus the eVic
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...te-svd-vs-itaste-vtr-vs-joyetech-evic-vv.html

There are 7 or 8 pages of comments. No disrespect to their members, but most of the comments are totally useless. I only found 1 useful comment:

It came from a member called "Wingsfan0310". It is reply #58. I have pasted his comments below: (he is referring to the VTR in this post)
"I don't know how much bigger it is than the MVP2 but I hear it's one of the heavier VV mods out there if not the heaviest according to pbusardo review. The one thing I wasn't personally thrilled with is unlike MVP2 it's PWM, not a fan of PWM and the rattlesnake effect. YMMV Happy Vaping"

So based on my little expedition on the ECF forum I discovered the following:

1) the VTR may use PWM pulsing like the SVD. Some may not like it. I have noticed when I connect my Vision Spinner VV 1300mah battery to my mPT2 for example it rattles like a rattlesnake. I don't mind that. When I connect the SVD it has more of a silent rattle. I can actually hear the sound of the circuitry pulsing, but it's nearly silent. You have to put your ear virtually on the mod to hear it. When I use the MVP, there is no rattling. The firing feels much smoother than the Spinner. Not saying I like it more. It's just different. Yet it also is a regulated device. @johanct, I think we need your help here to distinguish the different types of regulation methods being used by these different devices ;-)

2) I think our forum ROCKS big time. We have far less drivel (apologies to ECF) and way more useful commentary IMO. I mean, we have @Rowan Francis, @devdev and @Cape vaping supplies modding their VTR's with and without rings. @johanct telling us all we need to know and more about the tiniest details relating to the electronics - and just generally in my opinion way more insight with far less useless commentary. The humour and off-topic comments are generally owing to our community spirit and joking between ourselves. Any request for help on the choice of device on our forum will be met with very useful comments sizing up all the pros and cons - very quickly. Go see for yourself on that thread above what I am talking about. That said, ECF has WAY more members, so I suppose it's a bit unfair to compare. We are much smaller with I would think far more experienced folk as a percentage of the total user base. But anyway, then that is to our advantage and so be it.

Just wanted to share this with you - am excited about our forum - and love it here.

Great data mining there @Silver! And there is no question this forum and it's members Rock! Finding it was an absolute win!

In my personal opinion the difference between the various electronic mods relates to the speed and interupt time of coil heating combined with the juice transfer efficacy of the wick, and obviously the surface area. The PWM (pulse width modulation) frequency off all these units are so high that it becomes irrelevant.

Thanks @johanct - good feedback - much appreciated

I have a first gen VTR and it hardly has the rattlesnake. I have heard that some people have it quite bad. I have used Gizmos 2nd Gen and I have never felt or heard it.

IMO "rattlesnake" noise caused by flooding of the coil.

It's like a crackling sound of the juice vaporising... Not really sure what it is though...
But can guarantee that the same tank on the Vision Spinner rattles like a rattlesnake. Switch batteries to the MVP or iTaste VV and its way more silent, like a slithery snake ;-)

So its not a leaking or flooding or gurgling thing... (at least not the thing I am observing)

It's like a crackling sound of the juice vaporising... Not really sure what it is though...
But can guarantee that the same tank on the Vision Spinner rattles like a rattlesnake. Switch batteries to the MVP or iTaste VV and its way more silent, like a slithery snake ;-)

So its not a leaking or flooding or gurgling thing... (at least not the thing I am observing)

Then I'm totally mistaken @Silver , I've only experienced that noise on a flooded atty, my apologies.

Bow.png

My micro coils crackle and pop and I use a mech :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Back