Warning to newbies and inexperienced vapors

Scott

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi everybody. I have to share a nasty experience that happened to me last night.
I am very new to vaping and would describe myself as the poster boy for newbies!
Yet I am very enthusiastic and could'nt wait to start blending my own flavours. I placed an order and received about 10 concentrates.
On top of these I was blessed to receive a number of "tested" concentrates and pre-blended flavoures from a very experienced vapor. I rushed home and began my journey to the holy land of flavours.
All was going well until I mistook a concentrate for a pre-blend and vaped it with a vengance. I noticed it tasted like I was being forcefully fed cat p...s. BUT I persisted and thought it would grow into it's flavour. The persistence was based 99% on absolute ignorance and 1% on the fact that I had no idea what the juice should taste like!
Not a jot! It got worse and worse until I realised something was seriously wrong.
The moral of the story is that BEWARE of assuming that the fact that a bottle does not say "concentrate" means it's a pre-blend!!!
For the serious DIY'ers the offending juice was Dulce de Leche which sounds and smells so harmless.
I was left nauseas and with a stomach feeling like I had eaten a genuine Bombay curry made by a psychopath. Needless to say the toilet paper was left in the fridge for super cooling just in case.

When you say preblend... Do you mean stuff that's been mixed with bases first, or a preblended mix of concentrates that you still need to mix with bases yourself (aka one shots, recipe in a bottle, premixed, etc)

Hold the phone! . . .

Did i read that correctly?

You vaped 100% concentrate?

Whaaaaaaaaaahhh!!

First of all, im sorry that you had to experience that!!

Secondly, i find that absolute comedy gold!!

One day you will look back on this and think how far you have come! (I can relate with my early experiments/monstrosities)

Kudos for sharing your story

So was... was it overflavoured? :p

Lol dude I burst out laughing when I read your story (laughing with you, not at you). I can just imagine what that must've felt like. And so we learn.

Hi everybody. I have to share a nasty experience that happened to me last night.
I am very new to vaping and would describe myself as the poster boy for newbies!
Yet I am very enthusiastic and could'nt wait to start blending my own flavours. I placed an order and received about 10 concentrates.
On top of these I was blessed to receive a number of "tested" concentrates and pre-blended flavoures from a very experienced vapor. I rushed home and began my journey to the holy land of flavours.
All was going well until I mistook a concentrate for a pre-blend and vaped it with a vengance. I noticed it tasted like I was being forcefully fed cat p...s. BUT I persisted and thought it would grow into it's flavour. The persistence was based 99% on absolute ignorance and 1% on the fact that I had no idea what the juice should taste like!
Not a jot! It got worse and worse until I realised something was seriously wrong.
The moral of the story is that BEWARE of assuming that the fact that a bottle does not say "concentrate" means it's a pre-blend!!!
For the serious DIY'ers the offending juice was Dulce de Leche which sounds and smells so harmless.
I was left nauseas and with a stomach feeling like I had eaten a genuine Bombay curry made by a psychopath. Needless to say the toilet paper was left in the fridge for super cooling just in case.

Note to yourself, PRE BLEND is a PRE BLEND of concentrates, still intended to be added to VG and PG mix.... PRE BLEND does not mean ready to vape. Good luck with your DIY journey buddie, hope it goes better down the line.

When you say preblend... Do you mean stuff that's been mixed with bases first, or a preblended mix of concentrates that you still need to mix with bases yourself (aka one shots, recipe in a bottle, premixed, etc)
I meant you can simply put it into your tank and vape it! Here is another example of my inexperience. I did'nt even know anything else existed.

Hold the phone! . . .

Did i read that correctly?

You vaped 100% concentrate?

Whaaaaaaaaaahhh!!

First of all, im sorry that you had to experience that!!

Secondly, i find that absolute comedy gold!!

One day you will look back on this and think how far you have come! (I can relate with my early experiments/monstrosities)

Kudos for sharing your story
Yep you read correctly Scissorhands! It was like ripping my taste buds out with a blunt fork. I would'nt wish the experience on my worst enemy. The worst is the flavour Dulce de Leche sounds like nothing I have ever heard of and I had no idea what it should taste like! Needless to say I don't think I could ever bring myself to touching the bottle again let alone using it in a recipe. As was so wisely said Konsentreer poepol, konsentreer!

Well, look on the bright side, that's one DIY rite of passage behind you. Now for the next...

Bring forth the TFA Honey! :eek:

PS, here's something you should learn from someone else rather than try yourself...
Do. Not. Vape. 36mg. Nic. Ever. Especially. Not. In. An. RDA.

You do dumb stuff accidentally, some idiots (I'm looking in the mirror here) do it intentionally.

PS, here's something you should learn from someone else rather than try yourself...
Do. Not. Vape. 36mg. Nic. Ever. Especially. Not. In. An. RDA.

You do dumb stuff accidentally, some idiots (I'm looking in the mirror here) do it intentionally.
36mg in an RDA? *horrified*
Worst I've accidentally done was 16mg, and even then my lungs&throat had their suitcases packed and were giving me some SOLID middle fingers.

Shuuuuuuuuu talk about balls of steel. Vaping on 100% concentrate no maan. Please stick to the EJUICE sold at shops because it's best for you. Next thing you Will be mixing 50%VgPg with 50% concentrate

Shuuuuuuuuu talk about balls of steel. Vaping on 100% concentrate no maan. Please stick to the EJUICE sold at shops because it's best for you. Next thing you Will be mixing 50%VgPg with 50% concentrate

I find your comment offensive. What do you know whats best for him? Doesnt seem like you've done much diying. Everyone makes mistakes when starting diying. Making mistakes isnt necessarily a bad thing. IMO his an expert now in testing DDL.

I find your comment offensive. What do you know whats best for him? Doesnt seem like you've done much diying. Everyone makes mistakes when starting diying. Making mistakes isnt necessarily a bad thing. IMO his an expert now in testing DDL.
I found it to be in the lighter spirit of this whole thread and not offensive at all. Remember, not everyone is conversing in their mother tongue here.

Sorry that was meant to be that now that I know its supposed to be quite nice I may actually try it once my taste buds recover and I am over the trauma of tearing at my lips.

DDL is one of those profiles that is delicious irl but nobody in vaping has quite cracked it yet. I have the JF DDL which is reputedly the best but it's a flavour profile I'm always on the lookout for.

DDL is one of those profiles that is delicious irl but nobody in vaping has quite cracked it yet. I have the JF DDL which is reputedly the best but it's a flavour profile I'm always on the lookout for.
Could you give me an idea how I should use mine to blend something palatable. I am game to try anything as I trust you have gathered.

Which DDL do you have, TFA I presume? Although it's not a main note in the recipe, one of the most promising recipes I've seen for DDL is SixStrings' White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie. It takes a number of flavours, though, more than you will have currently. Actually this Birne Helene looks quite straightforward and tasty too. Pears, ice cream, caramel, what's not to like?

If you want something easier, try mixing it with something simple like bananas or a basic cookie base.

Last edited:
Lmfao no man am not offending him or trying to be Mr know it alll. Am just laughing with him thats all.

Plus i do diy only. I know that @Scott will go on with diy.:-DAt least this time he wont Destroy It Yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
Back