Weekly Poll: If Government Banned Nicotine In Eliquid

If Government banned eliquid containing nicotine I would:

• Go back to normal cigarettes

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Move to zero mg eliquid and make my own flavourings (and do nothing against the ban)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move to zero mg eliquid and make my own flavourings (and petition against the ban)

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Support the retailers illegally, even though prices would be much higher (do nothing else)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Support the retailers illegally, even though prices would be much higher (petition against the ban)

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • Make some sort of arrangement to source nicotine by questionable means

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Quit vaping

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now, what I truly cannot understand is why they would make Nicotine in Ecig juice a prescription only rule. They would then have to put stinkies in the same frame. In fact, Coffee, Tea, Oranges, etc etc etc all contain trace amounts of Nicotine.

The only fact of the matter is that some in power will do anything to increase their Capital, regardless of what scientific factors are involved. The only point at which they will listen is when their nuts are caught in a vice and they are forced to make concessions. I am all for peaceful protest, but 1)Smokers actually do not give a darn, well, many who have not seen or heard of vaping that do not know the benefits, 2)The only ones who actually know how effective vaping is in stopping smoking, are us vapers, who are in a small minority, 3)At the present time we are a small minority which means our voice is not heard above the huge corporations who control us like sheep.

By the time future vapers(ex-smokers) find out what benefits vaping has, the whole laws have already changed and big chemist/government agencies are Capitalizing at our cost. Excuse me but this really angers me, when greedy pigs try and kill a good thing for no reason and then also profit from it.....big time. While those of us that started out at the bottom and slowly built up Vape Stores and a dedicated following, through hard work and service to the vaping community, are simply cut out the loop. On top of that, these small yet awesome vape supply stores/people, will also lose huge Capital trying to fight against biased and illegitimate legislation. That seriously drives me nuts.

What does one do when the country you love, takes something innocent and criminalizes it for their greedy profit? What I will do is fight against it, being an individual, that takes Che Guevara tactics. I will support the suppliers in any way possible, even marching in my birthday suite to parliament if needs be with my Chi-You clone clasped firmly between my lips. But when the time comes, I WILL NOT abide by immoral and unscientific laws and will resist them in any way possible even if that means the perception of freedom is removed from me.

I can guarantee that by imposing this law, they will just drive nicotine usage underground and be empowering criminal elements within our society. Their end goal of obtaining future profits will not be gained either in it's entirety. But, regardless, I will never support the tobacco industry ever again, the most sneaky underhanded and deadly organization on this planet today, in cahoots with arms dealers across the globe.

Let's move away from being associated with "smokers". We do not fall under the same banner. We are Vapers and stand tall and proud.
I so agree with that statement. We have had a discussion about this forum's name and all agreed that the "ecig" tag is to be changed at some future time. Have a look at the names of local vendors (just those on the forum). How many sport the "ecig" tag? Maybe the future time is now?
tJUapvu.jpg

A while back, i spoke with @Oupa and he mentioned something along the lines of starting a South African eLiquid association. This may have been touched on again in this thread.

I think the eLiquid association would be a great vehicle to get going and for that entity to engage with government in the correct way.

Not sure if anything has developed on that front?

As it is I am busy setting up such an association. Have a few contacts within the government (for NPO numbers etc) but they have assured me they can get me in contact with the right people once I have all my ducks in a row.

I am pushing to have this wrapped up as quickly as possible so that we, as a group, can help set the rules and regulations.

Well I have made my views on this very well known, and it seemed the response I got at the time ranged from 'not interested' to 'frosty' to 'yes, but not now...'

I still think it is something that we should implement sooner rather than later. We already have an uphill battle to convince the public that vaping is not smoking, at the same time we should move as far away from anything to do with 'cigarette' as possible

My 2c: Get the rules of "discipline" NOW together, before being disciplined by an authority without knowledge and/or experience!

Make some sort of arrangement to source nicotine by questionable means. I grew tobacco in my veggie patch to keep pests at bay. Next step would be to get the nicotine out of it.

I think there is a greater chance that e liquid with nicotine will be subjected to "sin tax" rather than them banning the product.

Back