Welcome to the DIY world

@Lingogrey , I came across the following recipes but some of the %'s seem a bit high based on what you posted above.
Can you please advise.

Lychee Lemonade 1
CAP Sweet Lychee 6.00%
CAP Sweet Tangerine 6.00%
CAP Dragon Fruit 5.00%

Lychee Lemonade 2
TPA Dragonfruit 3.00%
FA Lemon Sicily (Limone Sicilia) 3.00%
TPA Lychee 3.00%

@Lingogrey , I came across the following recipes but some of the %'s seem a bit high based on what you posted above.
Can you please advise.

Lychee Lemonade 1
CAP Sweet Lychee 6.00%
CAP Dragon Fruit 5.00%

Lychee Lemonade 2
TPA Dragonfruit 3.00%
TPA Lychee 3.00%

These do look high. I'm my limited experience using just one litchi is not enough to round out the profile.

Can you please advise.

Lychee Lemonade 1
CAP Sweet Lychee 6.00%
CAP Dragon Fruit 5.00%

Lychee Lemonade 2
TPA Dragonfruit 3.00%
TPA Lychee 3.00%

Apologies for only replying now @ddk1979

One of the mixing masters would be better able to assist, but to me those percentages (in the first recipe) do look quite high (specifically of those concentrates) for a contemporary recipe (the recipes of 4 or 5 years, or especially of 6 to 7 years, ago tended to use much higher percentages. This has mostly been ascribed to the fact that gear became progressively 'higher-powered'. However, with the resurged popularity of MTL vaping and gear we haven't generally seen concentrate percentages go up to the levels that they were in 2013 - 2015 {although there are some "pod" recipes on eg. ATF that use some pretty hectic percentages, most mixers for MTL would rely on slightly higher PG levels for better flavor carry / up the percentages by 20 % - 30 % at most}, so I think that it is quite likely that our palates have also evolved / we have realized that over-flavoring can start muting, contribute to vapors tongue etc.) Perhaps it is a somewhat older recipe?

I have used CAP Dragon Fruit (IMO far superior to TFA Dragon Fruit as an actual dragon fruit flavoring, but it doesn't really have the emulsifying, muting and 'juicifying' properties that TFA DF has when used as an additive, which is the only way that I prefer to use the latter) in recipes up to 4 % and it was great, so 5 % isn't excessive I suppose.

According to a flavor review of CAP Sweet Tangerine (4 years ago) by u/TexasHex on the Reddit DIY flavor review wiki, "I got this as a recommendation from Hoosier on ECF back in 2012. He was a mixing god back then and said this was his go to flavor stand alone ADV @ 15%."

Whilst I can't even begin to imagine using this at 15 % (granted, it was 8 years ago and it was standalone), I suppose that makes 6 % seem quite reasonable :--)

I would struggle with the Cap Sweet Lychee at 6 %, but from eg. this recipe on ATF (that got at least 3 five star ratings) it seems that it could work in some contexts: https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/105262#pink_cloud_by_statch

Personally, I would probably start by adjusting everything downwards by about a third (Sweet Lychee 4 %, Sweet Tangerine 4 %, Dragon Fruit 3.5 %), unless it's for a pod style setup, and then see how it goes from there. You could also consider (I generally agree with @LeislB that any single Litchi concentrate is often a bit lacking) 'supplementing' the CAP Sweet Lychee with FA Lychee (eg. each at 2 %, CAP Sweet Lychee at 3 %, FA Lychee at 1 % etc.)

How exactly the Sweet Tangerine and the Dragon Fruit would combine to make an authentic lemonade base is a bit hard for me to imagine, but it does sound like a tasty and interesting combination nonetheless.

As for the second recipe, I have never tried TFA / TPA Lychee. It doesn't seem to be used or mentioned that much, and I do remember not hearing great things about it many years ago. I suppose that the TFA Dragon Fruit and FA Lemon Sicily at 3 % each could make a decent lemonade base, but there are probably better bases out there (such as the simple combo of LA Lemonade with a hint of FA Lemon Sicily in Vurve's Best Damn Pink Lemonade: https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/3427#best_damn_pink_lemonade_by_vurve.). In short, personally I wouldn't bother with the second recipe.

Last edited:
Apologies for only replying now @ddk1979

One of the mixing masters would be better able to assist, but to me those percentages (in the first recipe) do look quite high (specifically of those concentrates) for a contemporary recipe (the recipes of 4 or 5 years, or especially of 6 to 7 years, ago tended to use much higher percentages. This has mostly been ascribed to the fact that gear became progressively 'higher-powered'. However, with the resurged popularity of MTL vaping and gear we haven't generally seen concentrate percentages go up to the levels that they were in 2013 - 2015 {although there are some "pod" recipes on eg. ATF that use some pretty hectic percentages, most mixers for MTL would rely on slightly higher PG levels for better flavor carry / up the percentages by 20 % - 30 % at most}, so I think that it is quite likely that our palates have also evolved / we have realized that over-flavoring can start muting, contribute to vapors tongue etc.) Perhaps it is a somewhat older recipe?

I have used CAP Dragon Fruit (IMO far superior to TFA Dragon Fruit as an actual dragon fruit flavoring, but it doesn't really have the emulsifying, muting and 'juicifying' properties that TFA DF has when used as an additive, which is the only way that I prefer to use the latter) in recipes up to 4 % and it was great, so 5 % isn't excessive I suppose.

According to a flavor review of CAP Sweet Tangerine (4 years ago) by u/TexasHex on the Reddit DIY flavor review wiki, "I got this as a recommendation from Hoosier on ECF back in 2012. He was a mixing god back then and said this was his go to flavor stand alone ADV @ 15%."

Whilst I can't even begin to imagine using this at 15 % (granted, it was 8 years ago and it was standalone), I suppose that makes 6 % seem quite reasonable :--)

I would struggle with the Cap Sweet Lychee at 6 %, but from eg. this recipe on ATF (that got at least 3 five star ratings) it seems that it could work in some contexts: https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/105262#pink_cloud_by_statch

Personally, I would probably start by adjusting everything downwards by about a third (Sweet Lychee 4 %, Sweet Tangerine 4 %, Dragon Fruit 3.5 %), unless it's for a pod style setup, and then see how it goes from there. You could also consider (I generally agree with @LeislB that any single Litchi concentrate is often a bit lacking) 'supplementing' the CAP Sweet Lychee with FA Lychee (eg. each at 2 %, CAP Sweet Lychee at 3 %, FA Lychee at 1 % etc.)

How exactly the Sweet Tangerine and the Dragon Fruit would combine to make an authentic lemonade base is a bit hard for me to imagine, but it does sound like a tasty and interesting combination nonetheless.

As for the second recipe, I have never tried TFA / TPA Lychee. It doesn't seem to be used or mentioned that much, and I do remember not hearing great things about it many years ago. I suppose that the TFA Dragon Fruit and FA Lemon Sicily at 3 % each could make a decent lemonade base, but there are probably better bases out there (such as the simple combo of LA Lemonade with a hint of FA Lemon Sicily in Vurve's Best Damn Pink Lemonade: https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/3427#best_damn_pink_lemonade_by_vurve.). In short, personally I wouldn't bother with the second recipe.

Man, thanks so much for your post and suggestions.
When i saw the Dragon Fruit and Cap Sweet Lychee %'s , I had a feeling something wasn't right.

Back