What am i missing from my analogue?

Hi @heino
I haven't read all the posts in this thread - but I did read your original post

Just wanted to say hang in there. And I know exactly what you mean about vaping not giving that same "satisfied" feeling of an analogue smoke.

I felt the same in the early days.

My advice is up the nicotine level and try find a great tobacco vape or maybe a tobacco menthol one. Or just add some menthol to a tobacco juice. You will find its quite good. Not quite the same as I recall from a real smoke but almost there.

Hang in there and do more experimentation with juices (and nic strength) and devices - I think vaping can get very close to the real thing... not saying thats the end goal - but it can be very close in terms of that satisfaction

Hi @heino , congrats on kicking the habit.

I know the feeling you are talking about, the flavor is there, you feel satisfied as far as craving goes, but something about it is lacking, just missing the spot so to speak. Direct to lung had this affect on me in the beginning. Cigarettes are filled with chemicals to get us addicted. Like the nicotine is boosted with ammonium, for more impact and higher absorption rate.

The best advise I can give is get a MTL (Mouth to Lung) tank. For me I vape 6mg nicotine at a 50/50 mix when using my MTL tanks, and 2 -3 mg nic in 70/30 or 60/40 mix in my direct lung tanks. The MTL tanks are the only thing that hits the spot and gets the throat hit just right.

Stay strong, the experience changes over time and pretty soon you won't have that missing feeling anymore.
@Caveman
Thank you dude. I am starting to seriously consider if I should by mtl device. maybe from vapecon :) or I will stick it out. really love my rba and want to continue with it

@Caveman
Thank you dude. I am starting to seriously consider if I should by mtl device. maybe from vapecon :) or I will stick it out. really love my rba and want to continue with it

A good MTL device with a good strong juice is super @heino

@Caveman

If you are comfortable with rebuilding, I would suggest the Kayfun V3 mini, in fact I would suggest getting one in any case :p everyone should have a MTL tank in their arsenal, even if it is just to try it out with. If you don't like the look of it, I use my Serpent Mini for MTL as well, works perfectly fine to that extent also. My goto tank for MTL is still the Kayfun though. As @Silver suggested, maybe try a good menthol, I can't comment on tobacco since I hated tobacco and only recently started taking a liking to it. Menthol I find quickly gets rid of any craving for an analogue.

Hi @heino
I haven't read all the posts in this thread - but I did read your original post

Just wanted to say hang in there. And I know exactly what you mean about vaping not giving that same "satisfied" feeling of an analogue smoke.

I felt the same in the early days.

My advice is up the nicotine level and try find a great tobacco vape or maybe a tobacco menthol one. Or just add some menthol to a tobacco juice. You will find its quite good. Not quite the same as I recall from a real smoke but almost there.

Hang in there and do more experimentation with juices (and nic strength) and devices - I think vaping can get very close to the real thing... not saying thats the end goal - but it can be very close in terms of that satisfaction

@Silver
I think that is the first thing I am going to do tonight. Will be making a 15ml nic batch hopefully it doesn't make me sick and get a MTL device. The consensus has been conclusive in that regard :)

Hi,

I had the exact same experience. In the first 4 weeks of vaping I was searching for a juice to replicate the menthol taste of the menthol cigarettes I used to smoke. It was an impossible task. Nothing compared.

It took about 6 weeks for me to settle down. Most sweet juices made it worse. What helped me was a minty menthol DIY that I got from a forum member. I would be happy to give you some if you want. I say it "helped" because it did not completely taste the same but by 6 weeks I started getting used to vaping. This forum really helped.

It really is a "vasbyt" situation.

As for the taste it will change over time. Some of the juice I vaped in the first 4 weeks I could not stomach but now they are quite tasty. If you don't like it just shelve it and try it again in 2 weeks or so.

My advice would be to stick it out and to search until you find the juice that works for you.

Hi,

I had the exact same experience. In the first 4 weeks of vaping I was searching for a juice to replicate the menthol taste of the menthol cigarettes I used to smoke. It was an impossible task. Nothing compared.

It took about 6 weeks for me to settle down. Most sweet juices made it worse. What helped me was a minty menthol DIY that I got from a forum member. I would be happy to give you some if you want. I say it "helped" because it did not completely taste the same but by 6 weeks I started getting used to vaping. This forum really helped.

It really is a "vasbyt" situation.

As for the taste it will change over time. Some of the juice I vaped in the first 4 weeks I could not stomach but now they are quite tasty. If you don't like it just shelve it and try it again in 2 weeks or so.

My advice would be to stick it out and to search until you find the juice that works for you.
@SAVaper

Thank you mate. I have been overwhelmed by all the vapers that went through the same thing as me. I though I was the only one. Usually people just say is like the analogue. In truth its not the same but it beats going cold turkey.

I initially bought vape elixir's qalactin hypermint and it helped when I ran out of it I thought I could just use my black cigar flavor but I almost quit vaping that day because of the black cigar. I almost took an analogue from my co-worker, luckily I rushed to blue-sky and got one of their house brands, ice blast. it calmed the nerves. there is something in the menthol\koolada mix that helps with the initial withdrawal stages. as time passed 3 weeks or so I could start to smoke my other flavors more frequently. The craving is still there but its bearable. I just hope it gets better :)

I can relate to all that's been said above. Making the transition from analogue to digital was a journey for me.

I started with higher nic juices and moved into DIY to save on the costs. But I would still vape and smoke - until I started to take DIY more seriously. Then I began to get jealous of how everyone spoke about flavour profiles and top notes and how they could break down flavours while cloning a juice, and I thought: stuff this - I want to be able to do that too!

I began to really notice how smoking wiped my sense of taste away for a few days and so whenever I got a craving to light up a stinky I'd remind myself of how little I'd enjoy my juices afterwards.

Over time the craving for a stinky morphed into a craving for a better taste experience :D

Keep at it @heino it does get easier ;)

Hi @heino
Welcome to the most epic forum you will ever belong to.
I know and most forumites was also in your situation.
If I can give you my 2c. Get yourself an Evod tank. Its like R80. Its a HARD hitting little tank. Put some 18mg juice in it. I know you say over 12 makes you sick but the evod is pure MTL and makes 18mg alot easier. I have been through many tanks and love sub ohm vaping at 3 to 6mg but still on a daily basis I use my evod or nautilus mini with 18mg just for the craving and throat hit.

Try looking for a WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) juice. Ecigs only deliver nicotine. Whereas tobacco delivers the whole alkaloid group in which nicotine is found. Don't remember all the chemistry around it,but Google it. Quite interesting.

Hi @heino
Welcome to the most epic forum you will ever belong to.
I know and most forumites was also in your situation.
If I can give you my 2c. Get yourself an Evod tank. Its like R80. Its a HARD hitting little tank. Put some 18mg juice in it. I know you say over 12 makes you sick but the evod is pure MTL and makes 18mg alot easier. I have been through many tanks and love sub ohm vaping at 3 to 6mg but still on a daily basis I use my evod or nautilus mini with 18mg just for the craving and throat hit.
@Marius Combrink

thank you mate. there so many options out there it's easy to get overwhelmed with what to choose but saying the cheaper option is always preferable. I will give it a bash

I can relate to all that's been said above. Making the transition from analogue to digital was a journey for me.

I started with higher nic juices and moved into DIY to save on the costs. But I would still vape and smoke - until I started to take DIY more seriously. Then I began to get jealous of how everyone spoke about flavour profiles and top notes and how they could break down flavours while cloning a juice, and I thought: stuff this - I want to be able to do that too!

I began to really notice how smoking wiped my sense of taste away for a few days and so whenever I got a craving to light up a stinky I'd remind myself of how little I'd enjoy my juices afterwards.

Over time the craving for a stinky morphed into a craving for a better taste experience :D

Keep at it @heino it does get easier ;)[/QUOTE
@huff]
In my opinion the diy part of vaping is what got me into vaping it in the first place. Your imagination can run wild and there is no limits. I have already made 5 recipes and in my opinion not to bad but always space for improvement. I want to get my recipes exact so need to get a scale apparently,lol . It seems like I have to get a mtl tank for now to help with the cravings

Back