What Batteries are Recommended

JackalR

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys,

This post is very hard to type seeing as all I see is fog lol.

Current setup thats causing said hardship, Sigelli 150w @ 60 watts with dark horse clone dual coil 22g at 5 wraps each. Tester says I'm running at 0.12 ohm. Lowest Ive gone so far.

Question is I have 2 efest (purple) 2500mAH and 3 VTC4 batteries (cant remember what milliamp), it has been suggested that I get some proper high drain batteries but no one can suggest what. Seems to be some trade secret among cloud throwing pros.

Any suggestions as to what batteries I should be using with such a build

Thanks

where would i be able to get

** just checked vapeclub and they dont have stock

Most vendors sell them between R150 (if you take a few) and R190 each. I can't seem to find stock of them cheap at the moment though so looking at importing some but the shipping costs are rediculous if I want them fast so need to build up an order to distibute the cost

Hey guys,

This post is very hard to type seeing as all I see is fog lol.

Current setup thats causing said hardship, Sigelli 150w @ 60 watts with dark horse clone dual coil 22g at 5 wraps each. Tester says I'm running at 0.12 ohm. Lowest Ive gone so far.

Question is I have 2 efest (purple) 2500mAH and 3 VTC4 batteries (cant remember what milliamp), it has been suggested that I get some proper high drain batteries but no one can suggest what. Seems to be some trade secret among cloud throwing pros.

Any suggestions as to what batteries I should be using with such a build

Thanks

The VTC's that you already have is as high as it goes. But VTC4 and VTC5 batteries are becoming insanely hard to get.
The two next-nearests are smurfs (Samsung 25R), and the LG's are also on par (LG-HE2 18650 2500mah 35A). AW batteries are also good, but hard to come by in SA.
After those come the efests.
After that comes unsafe shit!

Personally, I think you might be cutting it very close building down so low on your coils; But that's me. I love my safety margins!

EDIT: to clarify, you are putting around 22Amps of strain on your batteries. While the efests CAN handle that, its above what it's rated for in continuous output.

Another EDIT: To add on to that, in a regulated mod, the device itself overpulls by a certain "efficiency margin" from the batteries. So while 22A is accurate for straight power delivery, as a regulated mod, it is probably closer to 25A...

Last edited:
Nice new avatar pic @JackalR
Thanks ;-)

All the best with your cloud blowing
Just be safe

Thanks guys. Just trying it out. Will switch to my usual 0.3 build when this one is finished.

I'm basically trying to find a safe build for cloud chasing with what I've got

The VTC4s are 2100 mAh and the best for the low resistance you are running. What you need to look at is the continuous discharge rating of the battery. The VTC4 is 30A, the Efest is 20A. At 0.12 ohms and 60W you are drawing almost 23A, which is way too high for the Efest.
The Samsung 25R is speculated to be around 22A.
The LG-HE2 is also 20A (the Efest is actually just a re-wrapped LG).

It is imperative for your safety that you get to know Ohm's Law. This is a useful site for the calculations: http://www.steam-engine.org/

My comments above based on the Sigelei batteries being in serial.

The VTC4s are 2100 mAh and the best for the low resistance you are running. What you need to look at is the continuous discharge rating of the battery. The VTC4 is 30A, the Efest is 20A. At 0.12 ohms and 60W you are drawing almost 23A, which is way too high for the Efest.
The Samsung 25R is speculated to be around 22A.
The LG-HE2 is also 20A (the Efest is actually just a re-wrapped LG).

It is imperative for your safety that you get to know Ohm's Law. This is a useful site for the calculations: http://www.steam-engine.org/

My comments above based on the Sigelei batteries being in serial.

Some reason I remember the LG's as 25A; Thanks for the correction!

the Sigelei has a current limit of 40 Amp so you are fine with the efests don't bother getting other batteries unless you need more or new ones.

Thanks guys. I'm just going by what's Micheal said. He uses efest batteries on his sub ohm builds.

the Sigelei has a current limit of 40 Amp so you are fine with the efests don't bother getting other batteries unless you need more or new ones.
I do not understand, please help - if the battery has a continuous discharge rating of 30A and you push the current to 39A, how does the current limit on the device help you avoid stressing that battery?

Yip
where would i be able to get

** just checked vapeclub and they dont have stock
That's also bought mine from them. Best price but stock is a problem and I have a hard time justifying paying R40 more each elsewhere when I'm going to buy a few.

I also like them because although they are rated at 20A continuous, they can push a 100A in a 1s burstfor high power short puffs which I haven't seen on another battery.

I hear super things about the VTC5 if you can get it. Everything is more (the price too), except the availability

Last edited:
the mod will prevent the amp draw to exceed 40A is my understanding, how it reaches the required watts is probably because it is a series mod and can boost voltage.

.15 build needs 6v to reach 60 watts with 20Amp draw limit. So 3V per battery at 20Amp is required on a series mod. Anyway the OP needs to go higher Ohms if he wants more watts.

the mod will prevent the amp draw to exceed 40A is my understanding, how it reaches the required watts is probably because it is a series mod and can boost voltage.
That I understand perfectly, but the mod will not prevent the battery from exceeding its continuous discharge rating (which is quite a bit below 40A), which is my concern.

yes it will, it has a current limit. *edit*. The current limit exceeds the abilities of most batteries.

Last edited:
Okay now I don't want to come across as being harsh here but I really want to bring something up here that I feel is important.

@JackalR if you're building super sub ohm coils and still asking for battery advice, then you clearly don't know what you are doing bud.

It is also apparent that you don't have any knowledge of ohms law.

Anyone can wrap a coil and vape it but to understand what they're actually doing or how to vape safely requires some research before blindly going ahead and just doing it.

If big clouds are a thrill, it's not merely your build that determines the volume of vapor. The right atty, juice and exhale technique are also important.

The important thing is to always be safe and have a firm grasp of what it is you're doing. The last thing you would want is a battery venting/ exploding on you at home or even in a public space.

Just my 2 cents. Use it, don't use it.

That's why I went the regulated mod. As I said before this is just a tester build

yes it will, it has a current limit.
And that current limit is 40A, not 30A, which is the continuous discharge limit of the VTC4 - thus my original question in this regard.

of 20Amp per battery hence the Efests being fine. Lower rated batteries might be a problem but all inferior batteries I've tried on a mod time out the chip with a low battery warning. The Board can sense when the battery cannot keep the current where it needs to be and cuts out.

Back