What Batteries are Recommended

The smurfs will be fine. No need to worry. Just keep your coils above .2 ohms.

I'm really concerned about this now as I have just ordered a Sig150 and 2 x Smurfs...

I am wondering if I should have gone for 2 x Sony VTC4 instead, or Purple Efest 2500's

Shucks...Don't know what to do :think:

Some interesting forum reads here on the subject:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/sigelei-150w-batteries-help.44520/

and

(near the end of the thread re Sony and Samsung)
http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2sfj4m/batteries_to_use_for_sigelei_150w/
The Smurfs are great batteries. Personally I would not go below 0.25 ohms on them. In any event, your sweet spot for the Sig150 is 0.347 ohms according to steam-engine.org. Around there your Sig150 "will give you the optimal balance of power and adjustability without overburdening your circuit board". No need to go super low on a regulated mod - one of its main advantages over a mechanical mod.

Thanks for the replies.

I think I will be around 0.2 to 0.5 , but as you say, since it is regulated I can go in at higher ohms and higher wattages (the point of regulated devices).

I think I should pick up some more smurfs :D

Edit: So I though bugger it and just got 4 x VTC4's. Rather safer than sorry at all.

Last edited:
So I just got my 4 x Sony VTC4's...I'm just wondering if they were actually worth it now over the Samsung 25R's :think:

Hmm...

20150324_124452.jpg

I've run my 25Rs at 0.1ohm and they don't even get warm.

for a battery to vent it needs to enter thermal runaway, ie you are going to notice your battery is getting quite hot before it happens.

haha yea it can happen to one not mired in the ways of electronics.

plus the samsungs have been hard shorted on purpose in one test i read of and which has a video on youtube... It didn't explode like a pipe bomb, it just swelled and leaked.

plus the samsungs have been hard shorted on purpose in one test i read of and which has a video on youtube... It didn't explode like a pipe bomb, it just swelled and leaked.

It's never the battery itself that explodes (it expands)...it's the metal device it is encased in which causes the carnage.

Most modern cars are tested to be safe on impact at 60km/h....but would you personally drive a car into a wall at that speed?
Just because you can do something, does not make it a good idea to actually do it ;)

vapers don't even use continuous discharge we use pulse discharge. People are being sensitive... Sure I don't want a noob to get hurt but these things aren't as dangerous as some made out. I wouldn't use a mech mod without adequate vent holes for super sub ohm builds though. Do you know of anyone that can handle more than a 10 second draw at 170+ watts?.

The Smurfs are great batteries. Personally I would not go below 0.25 ohms on them. In any event, your sweet spot for the Sig150 is 0.347 ohms according to steam-engine.org. Around there your Sig150 "will give you the optimal balance of power and adjustability without overburdening your circuit board". No need to go super low on a regulated mod - one of its main advantages over a mechanical mod.
I never read that but been vaping my new billow at 0.3 ohms (per Sigelei 150W screen) and it vapes like a true legend :D

vapers don't even use continuous discharge we use pulse discharge. People are being sensitive... Sure I don't want a noob to get hurt but these things aren't as dangerous as some made out. I wouldn't use a mech mod without adequate vent holes for super sub ohm builds though. Do you know of anyone that can handle more than a 10 second draw at 170+ watts?.

@Sprint, if you are well versed in batteries and electronics, then obviously you will push the envelope

We however at ECIGSSA have tried very hard over the months to promote the idea of battery safety and vaping well within the limits, with enough safety margin. The reason for that is that many newer vapers turn to this forum for advice and information and we would hate for someone to say that they learnt from the people on this forum something that led to a major accident.

We prefer to err on the side of caution here. Please respect that.

I respect that @Silver but I resent people presenting themselves as an authority on the matter. Obviously I have not advocated for unsafe practises, just related my own experience with batteries etc.

one thing that kills me is people building low ohm coils on regulated mods. These mods require high ohm build so you can access the full range of wattage, there is no stepdown on the sigelei devices and most of the other devices so we have low ohm builds that wont be able to scale below the battery output. Makes no sense that someone ties themselves into a build that cannot vape below 50w for example.

does anyone know if the Sigelei automatically cuts off @10s?.

Back