What Can We Do To Keep On Vaping In Rsa?

To put things in context, I think the thrust of this thread is to encourage "smokers" to convert to "vapers". The notion of vaping should not be "sold" to those who have never smoked tobacco, or those who don't "smoke" anymore. Should vaping be advertised? Another good question? Personally I think not. But if so, only as an alternative to tobacco consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My brother went to a party the other day when he came back he told me the guys there smoking sayd that vaping is not only as bad as stinkies but also dont have nic so their poinless

This is the kind of ignorance standing in the way of vaping saving lives

Not older folk ...matric students!!

As glamorous as vaping might be or appear to be, the truth is, whether we like it or not, we are dealing, for the most part, with the consumption of a "drug" --nicotine. It sounds a bit blunt, but its base truth. Unless one is into zero nicotine, but I am willing to wager that such vapers comprise of a very small percentage.

What do we say to our 18 year old, plus, kids who ask for the first time: "Can I have a hit off your mod please dad? (or mom)

There are plenty moral dilemmas involved with vaping, and we have to be responsible and circumspect in our actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should vaping be advertised? Another good question? Personally I think not. But if so, only as an alternative to tobacco consumption.

Ironically that is one of the claims that vaping manufacturers cannot make in advertising. Health claims and smoking cessation claims are forbidden in advertising and on packaging. I can understand the reasoning behind the health claims ban. Already we have had vaping companies claiming on their websites that vapour is "nothing but water vapour". That is extremely misleading. They also won't allow health claims because not enough is known yet. But I would think that "Vaping can help you to quit smoking" isn't an outrageous claim.

hey guys... so whilst trolling the web I came across this youtube vid. Its normally a pretty good channel with regards to tech related stuff. At 6:00'ish minutes a Dr Nordt speaks about batteries being carried around in your pocket and shorting on keys etc in the pocket, is this a legitimate concern? I for one do have a carry case for my spare battery but could this really happen? Also they talk about diacetyl and the fact that bottles are not always childproof. A good enough watch if you've got a few minutes to spare.

Nicotine is as bad as caffeine and paracetamol when used in moderation.

All the guys talking about 0mg you're still buying into the Nicotine myth.

I'll find the study where they forced mice to breath dense eliquid vape for weeks then did tests on their blood and dna.

0mg had the most toxicological effect of DNA markers and Nic infused had half the amount. One of the conclusions was that nicotine acted as a protective agent against toxicity of eliquid flavourants.

Back