What do you DIY enthusiasts think about this?

Personally I prefer the old fashioned way - shaking by hand and steeping over time at room temperature in a dark cupboard.
An affordable 3 decimal scale would be awesome though.

I wouldn't mind one, but if it was priced well. Judging from the prices of their chargers, I doubt that.
Old-Fashioned works fine for me, but if a good well-priced stirrer came along, I would try it.

But for the impatient, this would be great I suppose.

Last edited:
I would get a second magnetic stirrer . Especially because i like their products . And i think is gonna be the same quality as the chargers

Looks like a neat and handy device, and I'm sure there would be a market for it. I wouldn't use one for two reasons. The first is that I never apply heat to my liquids so that would be an unnecessary function for me.

The second reason is that I am incredibly lazy and like mixing by weight directly into the steeping/dispensing bottle to avoid any washing-up afterwards. I often mix directly into HDPE dropper bottles. I don't think there is a stirrer bar small enough to fit through the nozzle of such bottles. And even if it did, fishing it out again might be tricky. At the very least, it would require washing and drying the stirrer bar before the next batch. If the stirrer bar didn't fit through the nozzle, it would require mixing in glass beakers and then decanting into steeping/dispensing bottles. For me, flick-a-da-wrist is less PT than decanting and washing-up.

What would work for me is a dual purpose scale and vibrator (no, not that kind...) where you put the bottle onto the scale, mix directly into it and, when you're done, flicking a switch causes it to vibrate (without needing a stirrer bar) and mix the liquids up. Any mechanism that could effectively mix the liquids in an HDPE dropper bottle would be ace.

Looks like a neat and handy device, and I'm sure there would be a market for it. I wouldn't use one for two reasons. The first is that I never apply heat to my liquids so that would be an unnecessary function for me.

The second reason is that I am incredibly lazy and like mixing by weight directly into the steeping/dispensing bottle to avoid any washing-up afterwards. I often mix directly into HDPE dropper bottles. I don't think there is a stirrer bar small enough to fit through the nozzle of such bottles. And even if it did, fishing it out again might be tricky. At the very least, it would require washing and drying the stirrer bar before the next batch. If the stirrer bar didn't fit through the nozzle, it would require mixing in glass beakers and then decanting into steeping/dispensing bottles. For me, flick-a-da-wrist is less PT than decanting and washing-up.

What would work for me is a dual purpose scale and vibrator (no, not that kind...) where you put the bottle onto the scale, mix directly into it and, when you're done, flicking a switch causes it to vibrate (without needing a stirrer bar) and mix the liquids up. Any mechanism that could effectively mix the liquids in an HDPE dropper bottle would be ace.
U need a vortex mixer .

Ah, is that the term, thanks. It's not really a pressing requirement, I've never looked into stirrers of any kind. But if one was combined with a good mains-driven scale, I would be interested. I hate using a scale with the fear that my batts are going to die out at any time.

@Vaperite South Africa so when does it land in your stores...;)

Chances are we will not stock it as it will be quite expensive at over R1000. The reason I posted it was to get opinions on whether it's a gimmick or a "must have" but now that this thread was removed from the DIY forum the responses have dried up so I guess I won't get enough feedback to assess it. It's too much of a speciality item for us to bring in at this stage.

Chances are we will not stock it as it will be quite expensive at over R1000. The reason I posted it was to get opinions on whether it's a gimmick or a "must have" but now that this thread was removed from the DIY forum the responses have dried up so I guess I won't get enough feedback to assess it. It's too much of a speciality item for us to bring in at this stage.
imo if work at 1000 rand is actually cheap for a magnetic stirrer , and a heated one . i paid nearly 4 k for mine

I use a magnetic stirrer without heat function and personally I think it cuts down on the steeping time. I would venture a guess of saying that 12 hours on the stirrer would cut the steep time by a week, but I have not tested that on a specific batch.
I paid more for my stirrer second hand so R1000 sound reasonable to me and I would buy a second stirrer at that price.

I don't hold nitecore in high regard but at 1k i would definately aquire this!
If it means no more shaking!
I would be interested in also getting a pack of magnetic stirrers as well.

Very nice device, amazing time saver. I would say its more for mass production, or just to save some time - like a family or a small business. I don't mind shaking and cable tieing my bottle to a hand-held drill , for heat I use some tea candles and a jar.(with some water in the jar)
a1aa64ebca965ae39f8a52621539faa6.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Hi @Vaperite South Africa

Just an idea

Why dont you bring one or two of these in and give it to one or two of the expert DIYers here to try it out and review it here. If they like it then chances are others will too.

Just an idea

Why dont you bring one or two of these in and give it to one or two of the expert DIYers here to try it out and review it here. If they like it then chances are others will too.
I would say at least 10 :D
I'm tired of shaking. Don't want the heat function but being able to leave a stirrer in a bottle and shake the bottle is a wonderful step forward for me anyways.

Just an idea

@Silver great idea ... not an expert diy guy but wud really love one price point dependent... I'll take one for the team and be the experimenter!

Just an idea

Problem with 1 or 2 is the price. We can only get the quantity discounts if we bring in 100 or more. The supply price for 1 or 2 is almost double that of buying 100

I'd take one.
I'm way too impatient to steep juice the proper way.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Back