What RTA next?

Hey @sabrefm1,

I've tried the 3ml Aromamizer, Crius and the Griffin.
Sold the Aromamizer within the first week because it did not do it for me.
Between the Crius and the Griffin, I think the Crius pairs better with the Evic vtc mini. That's how I run it, and the Griffin on my cuboid. The reason I say this is because IMO i feel that the Griffin only really shines with a nice big build, with high power.
With the same standard 2.5mm diameter 26/24G builds in both tanks, i feel that the Crius takes 1st position. However put a 3mm clapton in the Griffin and that tank becomes a beast!!
Griffin has a bigger deck, Crius has easier top fill. They both quite easy to wick as well.

All things are subjective and this is just my personal opinion.

Gotta second the Aromamizer, Crius, and Griffin.

The Griffin certainly has a larger build deck, and you'd want the optional velocity deck for the Aromamizer (at least, it's an optional bit of kit in NA). The only real knock on the latter is the silly afc band, which can get juice on it an turn in your pocket (or if you look at it sideways). The Crius is very strong, and honourable mention (IMHO) would go to the Avocado.
The new (V2) Aromamizer has a proper metal AFC ring. I love mine, also because I can use RxW in there.

The new (V2) Aromamizer has a proper metal AFC ring. I love mine, also because I can use RxW in there.

Now how are you getting RxW? It's supposed to be verboten to sell outside of the USA (apparently, it has confidential military applications).

Now how are you getting RxW? It's supposed to be verboten to sell outside of the USA (apparently, it has confidential military applications).
First lot I got via a then new USA post box company, but they became too expensive for another try. Second lot from a forum member who did not like it. Third lot a forum mate from the USA bought for me and posted here. No names no pack drill.
Fourth lot we shall have to recruit @Spydro - he seems fearless:D.

At the probable cost of appearing rather dof, what exactly is RxW? Is it perhaps some form of rocket fuel additive that only Reo owners are allowed to add to their liquids?

i really wanted the crius v3 it was going to be my next tank until i read this review, what do you guys think
Well, time for the cons, which were conveniently left out of the reviews I watched/read. I can't blame the reviewers, maybe they just didn't know.

• It seems almost impossible to disassemble the tank. I tweaked the top cap on one of them trying to get it apart for cleaning before discovering the secret of wrapping rubber bands around the glass and using a screwdriver through the fill hole to turn the top. There is nothing to hold on to and the top cap that pops up for filling just spins freely.
  • The grub screw holes in the posts are drilled all the way through. It is very difficult to get a coil in place and secured without the leads getting clipped. The threads in the lower holes are tapered and the grub screw tightens up before the wire is fully secure with 26awg and smaller.
  • The top fill port. While a great idea, the implementation could use a little work. The hole is too small for some droppers to fit in, and there is always juice under the top cap that needs to be wiped off. I still need to fill using a syringe, and need a paper towel to clean up.
  • Although the wick holes are fairly sized, this tank will not wick 90+ VG juice without a fight. The problem, as I see it, is that the gap between the chimney and the glass is too small and hinders the pressure equalization.
  • Ceramic insulator on the positive post. If you are too rough with it you can crack the ceramic insulator, which is a big deal because:
  • You can't disassemble the deck. It is pressed together. What appears to be an adjustable center pin is not. the positive post is pressed into it, and the deck itself is pressed into the base. This means that when juice gets stuck between the juice control ring and the airflow ring you cannot easily clean it, and you will keep getting juice all over your fingers whenever you adjust the juice flow or the air flow. There is also an o-ring that seals the juice control ring to the deck, there is no way to replace this when it wears out. The same applies to the sliding top cap. You can't clean it out and you can't replace the upper o-ring when it fails.

i really wanted the crius v3 it was going to be my next tank until i read this review, what do you guys think
Some reasonable points for sure!

1. It is impossible to disassemble the tank! I haven't managed to do mine yet, although there are some options but they are too scary for me to try. But because of the large juice holes and top-fill option you can still get it nice and clean with some patience.
2. The top-fill is a bit small, and it can get a little messy with the drippers some liquids come with, again, a little patience required.
3. Needs effort to take on 90%+ VG - I think most tanks need a bit of TLC to do this. I vape 80 VG with my complete noobishness coiling/wicking skills on this thing.

Otherwise never had a problem with the grub holes being drilled all the way through. Ceramic insulator on the positive post - don't know what this means in all honesty. And the problem with it being completely pressed and that you can't disassemble it? I think that is what makes it such a nice, clean, tank to work with!

cool so it looks like im leaning more towards the crius v3
I have to acknowledge my tendency to punt products without having tried the alternatives in question though.

However, the fact that I got my Crius, and have never even considered looking for another "big cloud tank" (how I see it in my mind) is a testament to the product in itself. And I try find an excuse for new vape gear everyday!

I dissemble my tank completely everytime i rewick to clean it.. It's simple, just remove the tank from the deck section, grip onto the base of the chimney section and the bottom lip of the top section (where the "up" logo is situated) and unscrew. I've also learnt not to overtighten parts on alot of these new tanks.
I have the crius for about 3 months i think and to date i have never clipped a wire becasue of the screws.
I've managed to fill the tank with those "ball droppers". I don't fill it too fast though..
Haven't vaped 90VG juice on the tank so i cant comment there. 80VG wicks just fine.
So far, no quality issues with the deck, touch wood.

Its a fantastic all day tank. no leaks if wicked correctly, no leaks when top filling, excellent flavour..
I do wish the wicking wells were abit bigger, but it works just fine the way it is.

First lot I got via a then new USA post box company, but they became too expensive for another try. Second lot from a forum member who did not like it. Third lot a forum mate from the USA bought for me and posted here. No names no pack drill.
Fourth lot we shall have to recruit @Spydro - he seems fearless:D.

No question that I am fearless, have been all my life. In part why I'm in the state of health I am in from far too many crash and burns during my life. I have spent a night in jail way back in the early 70's (along with the newspaper editor, my business partner, our lawyer, a Pastor and the Chief of Police playing poker, smoking cigars and partaking of the drink for trying to impeach our towns mayor.
evilgrin.jpg

No question that I am fearless, have been all my life. In part why I'm in the state of health I am in from far too many crash and burns during my life. I have spent a night in jail way back in the early 70's (along with the newspaper editor, my business partner, our lawyer, a Pastor and the Chief of Police playing poker, smoking cigars and partaking of the drink for trying to impeach our towns mayor.
evilgrin.jpg
You have been recruited! Expect a PM when you expect it least:eek:.

I dissemble and reassemble the crius for cleaning with a screwdriver. Open the fill cap put screw driver past the chimney and turn to either loosen or tighten when putting it back together. if you worried about the glass keep your finger in the bottom section it is screwed in to.

Back