What shipping method do you find best for selling your items?

Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Good evening vapers

Which shipping methods do you find is best for selling your items on the Classifieds?
Pudo, PostNet to PostNet , other methods?

Am keen to hear from the regulars here on the Classifieds

What have you used?
Any advice and tips you can share?

DSV was good, but after bungled shipments and one lost, I stopped using them.

Aramex the same, I rather use Postnet although it's the same company.

TCG and Pudo the most reliable and easy to use in my opinion. Never had a issue with them.

Pudo is good for cheap local stuff
Courier guy main bookings for anything over 40km

I use aramex Dropbox almost exclusively and never had an issue.

Pudo is good for cheap local stuff
Courier guy main bookings for anything over 40km

thanks @Gru007
are you saying Pudo is not good from say JHB to CT?

and when you book Courier Guy, do they come out to anyone to fetch a parcel and then deliver it for you?

DSV was good, but after bungled shipments and one lost, I stopped using them.

Aramex the same, I rather use Postnet although it's the same company.

TCG and Pudo the most reliable and easy to use in my opinion. Never had a issue with them.

thanks @DarthBranMuffin
let’s say someone is selling an item you want to buy, do you ask TCG to go fetch it from them and bring it to you?
or does the seller typically do it from their end?

Every courier has its pros and cons.

For convenience, I use The Courier Guy because I have a login to their site with all client addresses saved, etc. and it works out slightly cheaper and with the convenience of them picking up at my home.

When sending to a outlying area such as Dispatch or such, I use PUDO due to cost as those deliveries can work out quite expensive. Also operated by TCG though.

They've messed up a few times, but the main advantage is that they have a automatic R1000 insurance added to all their parcels which you do not need to specify or pay for, so if a problem arises, you can always claim back. The one main advantage of them is also the fact that they do same day delivery in same area main hubs, i.e. Pretoria -> Pretoria, or Pta -> Jhb, etc. at the same price as overnight deliveries. Other quotes I got for this was ridiculous (cannot remember the courier's name now, but one of them wanted to charge me R1300 for this).

I've used DSV and stopped as it's a locker system and they've also messed up but sheer convenience is the biggest thing. And they have set box sizes which does not always suit the parcels I need to send.

I've used Postnet and while they're not bad and have not messed up yet (though I have not used them that much to be honest) it's a pain to get the parcel out (queues, etc., so even less convenient than a parcel drop).

Then there's always the use of Rush (rush.co.za) which offers a variety of courier services. It's a site where you enter your pickup address, delivery address and they then give you multiple quotes from various couriers, you select one, pay and then they organise with the relevant courier service. So not a courier service itself, but a nice to know.

thanks @Gru007

and when you book Courier Guy, do they come out to anyone to fetch a parcel and then deliver it for you?
PUDO has three options:
1 - Home to locker. They pick up from your home and deliver to a locker.
2 - Locker to home. You need to drop off at a locker and they will deliver to a home address.
3 - Locker to locker. This is also the cheapest of the three options.

For convenience, I use The Courier Guy because I have a login to their site with all client addresses saved, etc. and it works out slightly cheaper and with the convenience of them picking up at my home.

When sending to a outlying area such as Dispatch or such, I use PUDO due to cost as those deliveries can work out quite expensive. Also operated by TCG though.

They've messed up a few times, but the main advantage is that they have a automatic R1000 insurance added to all their parcels which you do not need to specify or pay for, so if a problem arises, you can always claim back. The one main advantage of them is also the fact that they do same day delivery in same area main hubs, i.e. Pretoria -> Pretoria, or Pta -> Jhb, etc. at the same price as overnight deliveries. Other quotes I got for this was ridiculous (cannot remember the courier's name now, but one of them wanted to charge me R1300 for this).

I've used DSV and stopped as it's a locker system and they've also messed up but sheer convenience is the biggest thing. And they have set box sizes which does not always suit the parcels I need to send.

I've used Postnet and while they're not bad and have not messed up yet (though I have not used them that much to be honest) it's a pain to get the parcel out (queues, etc., so even less convenient than a parcel drop).

Then there's always the use of Rush (rush.co.za) which offers a variety of courier services. It's a site where you enter your pickup address, delivery address and they then give you multiple quotes from various couriers, you select one, pay and then they organise with the relevant courier service. So not a courier service itself, but a nice to know.
Oh, and if you want an account with TCG, you have to pay R1000 upfront however this amount is added in full to your account and can be used by you for deliveries. They will then supply you with the bags, etc. needed to send parcels and if you need additional bags, etc. they deliver more to you free of charge.

thanks @ivc_mixer , that’s very helpful

thanks @Gru007

Yes pudo to cpt is no problem but expect the 3 days as per normal postnet as well
There is also 3 options, I always use small, good enough for vape gear
Door to box - @R50 collection at your door and deliver to a close by box to the recipient
Box to box - @R40 (this one I like) deliver package at your convenience to your closest box and gets delivered to a close by box to the recipient
Box to door - @R50 deliver package at your convenience to your closest box and gets delivered to to recipient door

If i book courier guy it is door to door.
Depending on where I send it there is different rates

Had a pudo parcel and it looked like it went thru war... ripped box bubble wrap was ripped... I'll pay the R100 and do postnet

Never had prob with Postnet to Postnet,
Friendly professional and for the amount its a bargain

Any1 tried paxi courier. Book your parcel in at any pep and send to another pep.

Any1 tried paxi courier. Book your parcel in at any pep and send to another pep.
I have not sent via them, but have received a few times. No issues in that respect, except that you need to know exactly which store to send to.

I have not sent via them, but have received a few times. No issues in that respect, except that you need to know exactly which store to send to.
I was send a parcel on teusday the 31s and it arrived friday the 2nd. For R60 delivery fee i cant complain on delivery time.

Good evening vapers

Which shipping methods do you find is best for selling your items on the Classifieds?
Pudo, PostNet to PostNet , other methods?

Am keen to hear from the regulars here on the Classifieds

What have you used?
Any advice and tips you can share?
Items for myself I prefer postnet ..pudo lost 3 packages of me already and they don't care or know where it went to

I prefer Pudo.
For someone who's always on the road, it's a lot more convenient to pick something up when I'm free.
With any door to door service, you have to make sure that someone is at home the whole day, since the courier service cannot guarantee when they'll be able to drop off your package. This is not ideal for me, since there's only someone home at certain times of the day. Then there's the schlep of asking people around the neighbourhood to accept your parcel, and arranging it with the driver

Have a look at pudo on their locker to locker option @ only R50 and can do 20kg, i think this is the best rate ever
1675745773438.png

I've been hearing horror stories about pudo lately. Just yesterday I opted to send via Postnet because of the above.

Pudo lost two of my parcels
One turned up 6 weeks later
I will never use pudo again
Never had a problem with post net

Back